New signature Gibson guitar partnership with Jimmy Page

zeplz71

22 minutes ago, KnightsofNi said:

I wonder what Jimmy Page of 1970 would say of his future self?   At least he has not started selling his clothes......yet. 

It could be a thing, and I’m not joking. It wouldn’t surprise me if we get reports of the dragon and poppy suits etc. autographed obviously, to enhance the purchase. 

At least there would be bidders for the dragon suit,  If he auctioned off his current black undertaker clothes and scarf, there might not be too many bidders, (even if they were autographed) 

21 hours ago, jsj said:

It could be a thing, and I’m not joking. It wouldn’t surprise me if we get reports of the dragon and poppy suits etc. autographed obviously, to enhance the purchase. 

I should have said that I meant replica suits for sale

On 3/18/2024 at 8:50 PM, jsj said:

Oh no ..I’ve a feeling you could be right on this one. It was once said that Jimmy had sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for success, now it would seem he’s sold it to the big corporations . 

8 hours ago, Paganini said:

Oh no ..I’ve a feeling you could be right on this one. It was once said that Jimmy had sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for success, now it would seem he’s sold it to the big corporations . 

Yep. He ought to open a shop on Kensington High Street and flog his autographed stuff from there

15 hours ago, jsj said:

Yep. He ought to open a shop on Kensington High Street and flog his autographed stuff from there

I don’t get why he’s doing all this crap…maybe he’s just bored. He should have stayed with what he does best, writing, playing and producing great guitar based rock music. 

Edited by Paganini

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t really get the criticism. Jimmy is a collector. He commissions things to market to the fellow collector. Everything I’ve ever seen with Jimmy’s name attached to it is of the highest quality. I’ve played through the Sundragon amp and it’s amazing. He also typically makes cost effective options available. 

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. The man is 80 years old for fucks sake. What he does with his legacy is his business, and none of it sullies the music he has given YOU in any way. 

3 hours ago, Eyekhan said:

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. The man is 80 years old for fucks sake. What he does with his legacy is his business, and none of it sullies the music he has given YOU in any way. 

I have said before that Page is free to do whatever he wants and fair play to him, he’s earned his right. Him selling merchandise doesn’t affect my appreciation of the Zeppelin catalogue either But, in my opinion, and I’m entitled to one, just as you are, it’s unbecoming to be selling over priced mugs, polo shirts etc and anything with his signature on it and I think he overdoes it . If folk want to buy replicas of his guitars and amps that’s fine too. It’s more the other stuff I quibble over

there is a flip side though. the more stuff he signs and sells, the less valuable it becomes, making it less collectible to a collector. 

On 4/18/2024 at 3:39 PM, Eyekhan said:

100% this.