Telegraph Messenger on the bicycle in SRTS.

This is a question for all of you pundits of Led Zeppelin.  Question: Who is the young bloke on a bicycle riding up to Kidderminster Farm to hand Robert Plant a telegram in the film, TSRS? I've not had an answer in all of my research including from this website years ago. My inquiry went unanswered with some contributing conjecturing from fellow admirers of Led Zeppelin. 

Your answer is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

David Cooper

.....cannot tell ya anything about that kid.....but I can definitely tell you

that the scene was not shot at Jennings Farm just outside Kidderminster

.....that I can assure you.....what I'm fuzzy on is where....if memory serves

it was actually shot in Wales

In the late 1970s when the TSRS was played as the midnight movie in independent theatres in Southern California, the kid on the bicycle would be voraciously booed when he appeared on screen.

8 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

This is a question for all of you pundits of Led Zeppelin.  Question: Who is the young bloke on a bicycle riding up to Kidderminster Farm to hand Robert Plant a telegram in the film, TSRS? I've not had an answer in all of my research including from this website years ago. My inquiry went unanswered with some contributing conjecturing from fellow admirers of Led Zeppelin. 

Your answer is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

David Cooper

David,

I vaguely recall it was suggested he may have been of some relation to Joe Massot, the film's director at the time. I can't say for certain but perhaps someone can. I have not heard from you in quite a while. Hope I have met your expectations.

5 hours ago, Tony Defilippis said:

.....cannot tell ya anything about that kid.....but I can definitely tell you

that the scene was not shot at Jennings Farm just outside Kidderminster

.....that I can assure you.....what I'm fuzzy on is where....if memory serves

it was actually shot in Wales

Yes, at Robert's sheep farm in Wales.

The theory mentioned by one poster in the previous 2022 thread was that the messenger was Joe Massot's son, presumably referring to Jason Massot who was born in 1970. That would have made him three years old at the time of filming, significantly younger than the messenger shown in the film.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:47 AM, Cookie0024 said:

The theory mentioned by one poster in the previous 2022 thread was that the messenger was Joe Massot's son, presumably referring to Jason Massot who was born in 1970. That would have made him three years old at the time of filming, significantly younger than the messenger shown in the film.

Agreed! So now I'll offer my own theory: he's a local lad called upon to deliver a message to Robert, perhaps something he did from time to time. 

Edited by SteveAJones

Thank you for your response, Steve. You've always met my expectations and it's wonderful to still see you here contributing to this wonderful site. I must do more research on this gentleman- messenger who must be in his early sixties today.    Thanks Steve!