5 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Oct. 1999 - Northampton, MA review

oct99-northampton-review.jpg

I was at that Northampton MA show.  Pearl Street is a small club.  Maybe 500 people.  All standing.  I was standing right in front of Jones.  Fantastic show.  The next day the local paper had a story that Jones and the band hung out in the bar at the Hotel Northampton across the street late that night, well after the show ended.  The reported talked to all of them and said they were there at around 1 - 3 am or so.  I wish I still had my copy of that story from the Daily Hampshire Gazette.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, John M said:

I was at that Northampton MA show.  Pearl Street is a small club.  Maybe 500 people.  All standing.  I was standing right in front of Jones.  Fantastic show.  The next day the local paper had a story that Jones and the band hung out in the bar at the Hotel Northampton across the street late that night, well after the show ended.  The reported talked to all of them and said they were there at around 1 - 3 am or so.  I wish I still had my copy of that story from the Daily Hampshire Gazette.

Are you sure it was the Daily Hampshire Gazette? I searched their archive a while back and didn't find anything.

13 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Are you sure it was the Daily Hampshire Gazette? I searched their archive a while back and didn't find anything.

I am pretty sure.  I know I read it somewhere.  It could have been the Valley Advocate (a weekly) or the Springfield Union-News (on Sundays it was called the Sunday Republican)

Posted (edited)

Keep them coming. I love all of this JPJ solo stuff. I love the Zooma and The Thunderthief albums. I’m guessing anyone who cares has seen this already, but if not, here is my review (with pics and videos) from JPJ’s 3 solo shows at Big Ears Festival 2024. https://diaryofanardentfan.com/index.php/2024/03/25/a-dream-i-never-thought-would-come-true-finally-did-my-big-ears-festival-experience-seeing-john-paul-jones-3-times-and-herbie-hancock/

Edited by LH1982

• Administrators

March 2000 - SXSW review

2000-03 - sxsw review.jpg

April 2000 - Montreal (interview)

2000-04-montreal-interview.jpg

Chicago 2001 (Review)

2001-chicago.jpg

Toronto, April 2000 (Review)

2000-04-toronto-review4.jpg

Toronto, 2001 (Interview)

2001-toronto-interview.jpg

Orlando, 2000 (Setlist)

2000-orlando-setlist-sam.jpg

I love all of these pictures, clippings and videos. I’m so glad I got to see him 3 times earlier this year. Even though I didn’t meet him, some years ago, I did get a signed ticket of the Seattle 99 show. Here it is. IMG_5420.thumb.jpeg.d96b7f4869d0c387919ed2c55bf03ee2.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

On 6/3/2024 at 2:08 AM, John M said:

I am pretty sure.  I know I read it somewhere.  It could have been the Valley Advocate (a weekly) or the Springfield Union-News (on Sundays it was called the Sunday Republican)

'John Paul Jones Electrifies Audience of the Faithful' (above) was published in the Union-News on Thu, Oct, 1999 which seems to rule out it was the Union-News.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

'John Paul Jones Electrifies Audience of the Faithful' (above) was published in the Union-News on Thu, Oct, 1999 which seems to rule out it was the Union-News.

Same review was also published in "The Republican"

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics thanks for sharing,Sam!

I remember seeing the April 2nd gig at the Guvernment in Toronto. It was general admission and when they opened the doors most people headed to the bar to get drinks, but me and my friend headed right to the front of the stage and stayed there for the entire gig. It was a mind blowing night. I’m sure you were there too,Sam, along with our mutual friend Warren B…..who’s the biggest JPJ fan I know. What a night…only topped by seeing JPJ a few years later at Massey Hall and meeting him after the show in the back alley of Massey Hall. It was so great sharing time with him….he was such a gentleman to all of us. Cheers