The Song Remains The Same Blu-ray 2010?

Zeppelun

FROM AMAZON.COM....Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same [blu-ray] (1976)

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 2010. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Can anyone shed light on this? Why was it pulled? Does Jimmy want to remaster it like it was presented in the theatrical release back in '76?

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 2010. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Can anyone shed light on this? Why was it pulled? Does Jimmy want to remaster it like it was presented in the theatrical release back in '76?

HD vs. BlueRay looks to be a recast of the VHS vs Beta debacle. The consumer pays in the end. A few days ago WB said they were going exclusively with BlueRay, and eBays sales of the HD version have seen price spikes. Now Amazon says the opposite. One more reason I'm a strictly download and vinyl guy.

It appears in many markets all remastered editions of DVD have been pulled. It looks like some legal problems

It appears in many markets all remastered editions of DVD have been pulled. It looks like some legal problems

What kind of legal problems -- licensing issues? Or was there a technical problem with the remastered edition?

Some blue rays were released but they pulled back because of contract issues, Which sucks because i just bought a PS3 for the fact its a blue ray player and i wanted a copy. I live in toronto ontario so ill be on the look out for one in store or even on the net. But yeah i wouldnt be suprised if they pushed it back, I doupt 2 full years... But thats only because they need more time for the contracts to be legal i guess. All in all we lose in the end because we always buy the newest version lol.

There was supose to be some footage on the blue rays that were releases that wasnt supose to be there. I hear i had something to do with some Peter Grant Footage at the begging of the film.

im not to sure what the exact complications are im guess guessing there was some footage in there that wasnt supose to be and it go released, And now they recalled them all there was 1 copy left in toronto canada last week and i went all over the city to find it. But by the time i got there some one picked it up.

Also im guessin the ones with this footage will be a good collectors items for all thoese who have a copy. But im pretty sure its of peter grant not sure what hes doing i the footage but i heard it of him.

I'm hearing now - don't know how reliable, but the guy seemed to know what he was talking about -- that it was an issue with Bono. His name was on the back cover of the original (Nov. 2007) DVDs, and Zeppelin apparently got a "cease and desist" type of order. The new/corrected copies have removed Bono's name.

I'm hearing now - don't know how reliable, but the guy seemed to know what he was talking about -- that it was an issue with Bono. His name was on the back cover of the original (Nov. 2007) DVDs, and Zeppelin apparently got a "cease and desist" type of order. The new/corrected copies have removed Bono's name.

Really? Was it a quote from Bono or something?

Some blue rays were released but they pulled back because of contract issues, Which sucks because i just bought a PS3 for the fact its a blue ray player and i wanted a copy. I live in toronto ontario so ill be on the look out for one in store or even on the net. But yeah i wouldnt be suprised if they pushed it back, I doupt 2 full years... But thats only because they need more time for the contracts to be legal i guess. All in all we lose in the end because we always buy the newest version lol.

There was supose to be some footage on the blue rays that were releases that wasnt supose to be there. I hear i had something to do with some Peter Grant Footage at the begging of the film.

You can get the blu-ray edition on bestbuy.com. I got it last week.

Archived