jimmy lyrics?

slave to zep

...his yearning was satisfied in New York, though she was married at the time. She also

introduced to him to American music industry movers and shakers during that same visit,

his first to the United States.

Steve,

I believe Jackie was only engaged at the time. I read an interview with the guy a few years ago where he said something like "I thought Jackie and I were engaged, and then when Jackie came back from England I heard that she was engaged to someone else!"

No wonder the marriage didn't last.

Steve,

I believe Jackie was only engaged at the time. I read an interview with the guy a few years ago where he said something like "I thought Jackie and I were engaged, and then when Jackie came back from England I heard that she was engaged to someone else!"

No wonder the marriage didn't last.

Your absolutely correct, Scott! I recall now you shared the same when we discussed

this topic privately many years ago. Confirmation the affair was consummated in New York has come from a famous female singer who was staying in the next room.

...his yearning was satisfied in New York, though she was married at the time. She also

introduced to him to American music industry movers and shakers during that same visit,

his first to the United States.

That's a bit off-topic.

Because Tangerine was apparenly written before they met again in New York, wasn't it?

Well, it's one of the many "controversies" to be found from that era. Some say he didn't

write it at all! I found the your reference to Jackie to be intriguing, and mine as well.

Well, it's one of the many "controversies" to be found from that era. Some say he didn't

write it at all! I found the your reference to Jackie to be intriguing, and mine as well.

The song doesn't seem to be about satisfied yearning, that's why I can't find your reference to be intriguing.

The song doesn't seem to be about satisfied yearning, that's why I can't find your reference to be intriguing.

I agree the song doesn't seem to be about satisfied yearning. I find it intriguing that he was sufficiently enamored to accompany Jackie to the USA and get his freak on.

Your absolutely correct, Scott! I recall now you shared the same when we discussed

this topic privately many years ago. Confirmation the affair was consummated in New York has come from a famous female singer who was staying in the next room.

Marianne Faithfull...

Because Tangerine was apparenly written before they met again in New York, wasn't it?

There's no evidence of this; only that Jimmy said it was written after "an old emotional upheaval" (or words to that effect). The relationship with DeShannon was finished by 1966 and The Yardbirds' version of "Tangerine" was recorded in April 1968.

I don't have my reference material at arm's length at the moment, but if I'm not mistaken

Jimmy played all the instruments and wrote the lyrics for his 1965 solo single 'She Just Satisfies'.

"She Just Satisfies" was co-written by songwriter Barry Mason, who was primarily a lyricist. Then again, Mason is also credited with co-writing "Keep Moving" which features almost no lyrics at all.

Archived