Jethro Tull

JethroTull

You can check out this site for setlists.

Ministry of Information

This particular show you attended is a popular bootleg called Dark Ages. Here is the setlist you heard.

30/4/79 Tarrant County Convention Center Fort Worth, Tx. USA

Dark Ages

Intro, No Lullaby, Sweet Dream, One Brown Mouse, Heavy Horses, My God (incl. flute solo), One White Duck/Pibroch (inst.), Songs From The Wood, Dark Ages, Instrumental, Cross-Eyed Mary, Thick As A Brick, Quatrain/Aqualung, Locomotive Breath/Dambusters March/Aqualung (reprise)

thanks for the info i really did not know it was avilable.

Managed to get a few million more ticket stubs and pictures scanned into my photobucket so heres a few more of my Tull tickets

TULLTROWER76.jpg

TULLTAMPA76.jpg

TULLOAKLAND80.jpg

I'm having some trouble scanning my Shea Stadium ticket. Go you YOUTUBE and search on Tull Tampa. You will find some great video from that show.

TULLRHODEISLAND89.jpg

The last two Tull concerts i attended.I was wrong it was not 8 shows it was 9 anyway the amazing thing is i only went to Rhode Island a few times while i was in the Navy. Both for attending ETSS School basic and advanced propulsion engineering and the highlights was both times Tull played while i was there.Also went to see the life of Brian Monty Python movie at the local Newport theater. Crazy how things work and what we remmeber.

TULLNOV91.jpg

It Bites. They Bit. This show was the evening the Berlin wall came down.

Wolftrap was front row, center directly in front of Martin.

352lonn.jpg

Cool its always nice to talk with fellow concert attendee's. I have so far never been to a bad Tull performance.Robert used to say Jethro Dull but i think he was joking because i have never been to a dull Tull show either.

Saw them on Heavy Horses and Stormwatch tours.......fantastic, Barriemore Barlow was amazing.

Now here is my Jethro Tull story.

Way back in the 80's before becoming a Scientist, I used to manage a large dairy farm in Buckinghamshire and agriculturally speaking Ian Anderson was our next door neighbour (Beacons Bottom, Radnage). We shared the same farm vet who once mentioned to IA that he had an antique dulcimer on which IA asked him if he could have a look at it. To cut a long story short he had it restored and used it on the Heavy Horses album. As a thank you he then presented the Vet with the first vinyl pressing of the HH album catalogue number 0001............nice!

I once had to phone him and ask him to move his damn bullocks from our wheat................cant do that at the moment the chaps are far too busy.................bad farming etiquette, still he is a musical genious so forgave him and moved the damn things myself :angry:

What would you say is the best live tull you have ever heard

I would have to say in 1973 A Passion Play and in 1975 War Child. I went to two shows on each tour. I've been to other great shows, but I love the old days with bassist Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond. Jeffrey really wasn't a musician, he was a childhood friend of Ian's and quit the band in 1975 to pursue his love of painting.

5efvpj.jpg

OK Mr Tull. Do you have a list of dates of his concerts? I saw him in the 70s in Rochester NY. Do you have a record of the date? It was fabulous. I am quite sure it was late 70's, 99% sure. But perhaps it could have been early 80s but I really dont think so. I believe it was between 75 and 80. I have been to so many concerts it is unimaginable. But I can only remember certain yrs and dates. How could anyone not remember when they saw Led Zeppelin? And Im surprized at myself for not remembering the exact dates of the Rolling stones (75 and after Some Girls) and the Who Indoors in Buffalo. Saw them outdoors in Toronto also but indoors was acoustically superior.Tull was ON the night I saw him. Never saw anyone play the flute like that, just as I never saw anyone play the keyboards quite like Emerson.

His? Him? What does that mean? Quit being stupid.

The internet is a beautiful thing. Learn how to use google!! You'd be surpised at the number of bands whose tour dates are listed somewhere. NO, I, I, I, I DON'T HAVE A LIST OF TOUR DATES. Tull dates are at http://www.ministry-of-information.co.uk/. I've mentioned this site several time already. Get with it.

Edited by JethroTull

love Tull. one of my favorite albums has to be Thick As A Brick. but one thing i've never liked about it is how the cover art seems to change with every release. I'd love be able to put the original cover art for TAAB on my iPod, but have only been able to find one picture of the original art online, and it's a pretty beat up cover. if anyone could point me to a decent pic, that would be really cool.

love Tull. one of my favorite albums has to be Thick As A Brick. but one thing i've never liked about it is how the cover art seems to change with every release. I'd love be able to put the original cover art for TAAB on my iPod, but have only been able to find one picture of the original art online, and it's a pretty beat up cover. if anyone could point me to a decent pic, that would be really cool.

Have you tried a Google image search on "Thick as a Brick"?

Have you tried a Google image search on "Thick as a Brick"?

yep, all i get is images of the two CD release versions of the cover, the "Late Extra" version and the one with the Compact Disc logo on it. the only image of the original LP cover I've found i got from a link on Wikipedia, but it's a stained and bent cover. for now I've just settled on a nice image of the "Late Extra" version of the cover. it's not a big deal, but i'd rather have the original LP version of the cover. if i had a vinyl copy of the album and a scanner i'd be all set, but alas i do not...