Presence...

I took this photo the other day, and whilst i have owned the vinyls for a while now, ive never really looked at them!

Presence_by_stevieguk.jpg

(Link if not working)

so upon seeing at the bottom of the label Flames of Albion music...

This got me wondering...

I did a (very brief) search on google, and it seemed the only publishing this company ever did was for Zeppelin, which leads me to believe that, Zeppelin set this label up...

If this is the case, i have a theory..

Robert came up with the name...

As we all (should) know, Robert supports Wolverhampton Wanderers Football (soccer) club, and thier arch rivals and nemesis are West Bromwich Albion...

My theory is that this label name was made from the viewpoint of Robert... wishing that Albion would go up in flames :P

Well, thats my theory anyways... any more info ont he company would be cool :)

"Flames of Albion" replaced "Superhype" as publishing company when Zep established Swan Song as their own label in 1974. My guess is that it was indeed Robert's influence in the choice of name. Swan Song was clearly Jimmy's.

Albion was certainly not a reference to West Brom, but to Britain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion

Do you also think that in "Achilles Last Stand" Robert is singing "All West Brom remains, sleeping now to rise again"?

Robert's son Logan's new band are called "Sons of Albion" . If you suggested that meant Sons of West Brom he'd probably punch you.

Albion was certainly not a reference to West Brom, but to Britain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion

Do you also think that in "Achilles Last Stand" Robert is singing "All West Brom remains, sleeping now to rise again"?

Robert's son Logan's new band are called "Sons of Albion" . If you suggested that meant Sons of West Brom he'd probably punch you.

Lol, sorry for my lack of knowledge of ancient english dialect... Unfortunately they never taught me that at school ><

I guess albion makes sense though in your context...

I just thought it may have been some kind of joke on west bromwich albion's behalf :blink:

Archived