Hello from New Zealand

goldengodNZ

Hello to everyone,

great to have a Zeppelin forum!!

I'm Jason and live in Christchurch, New Zealand I'm 37 . (originaly from Manchester in the UK, moved to NZ 9 months ago)

Never got to see Zeppelin, However seen Jimmy Page on his '88' Outrider tour at Manchester apollo he had Jason Bonham on drums, Page and Plant at sheffield arena I think that was '95' Plant on his Now and zen tour,also with his side project "priory of brion" and "Strange sensation" and I was nearly knocked out when I bumped into him at the Velvet Revolver concert at Manchester Apollo in 2005 (he was trying to mingle in with the crowd) he was a gent, I wanted to speak to him for longer but I was shellshocked!!!

Zeppelin have been my favourite band since I first listened to Led Zep 3 when I was 12 years old I think!!!

Tried to get tickets for o2 arena should but i'm part of the 24.8 million that were unlucky!!!

Just hope they tour and include Austrailia or/and NZ.

Got plenty of Zep memorobilia on my wall, (my wife is very understanding!!!)

great to be here!!!!

Jason

Hello to everyone, great to have a Zeppelin forum!!

I'm Jason and live in Christchurch, New Zealand I'm 37 . (originaly from Manchester in the UK, moved to NZ 9 months ago)

Tried to get tickets for o2 arena should but i'm part of the 24.8 million that were unlucky!!!

Got plenty of Zep memorobilia on my wall, (my wife is very understanding!!!)

great to be here!!!!

Jason

Lovely Christchurch full of students and - when I visited - record stores: I found several interesting records there! Nice place :)

I didn't win the ballot as well :(

Anyway, welcome!!

luke

Hello downunder lot!

I visited NZ twice - the first time in 2003 for 2 month and another time in 2005 for four month. What should I say - I'm deep in love with the country and enjoyed all of my my stays there very much. I made good friends and thanks to the internet our contact is a steady thing in my life. I fear 2005 wasn't the last time I went there!

Its great to hear from New Zealand Led Zeppelin fans! Welcome here on the board! I hope we will hear from each other! I'm fond of Christchurch and the Canterbury Hights where we spent a lot of time. A highlite was a ten day trip on horseback along the branches of the Hurunui River up to Lake Sumner and Lake Mason with sleeping under the stars, campfire kitchen, swimming with our horses, visiting stationeers and all this stuff.

Hey, and go for Lake Waikaremoana and Te Urewera where I made unforgettable experiences in tramping, hunting, and fishing! My personal favourite place after all is Lake Ferry where I spent days which could have been ages!

If there is anybody from Raumati on the board: say hello to Laura and Bill Van Peer!

Down by the seaside. See the boats go sailin'

Can the people hear, What the little fish are sayin'

Oh, oh, people turned away. Oh, people turned away

Down in the city streets, see all the folk go racin', racin'

No time left, to pass the time of day

People turned away. People turned away

So far away, so far away

See how they run, see how they run, see how they run, see how they run.

Do you still do the twist

Do you find you remember things that well

I wanna tell you... Some go twistin' every day

though sometimes it's awful hard to tell

Out in the country, hear the people singin'

Singin' 'bout their progress, knowin' where they're goin'

Oh, oh, oh, oh, people turned away

Yes, the people turned away

Sing loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain

And show your love for Lady Nature. And she will come back again The people turned away

people turned away

This has to be one of my favorite Zep songs out of most of them. I love it because I'm a real nature's child and the music has a shaky rumbly kind of feel......

Arohanui!

Tinkerbell

Hi again folks,

couldn't make it without posting you some pics of our last stay! The guy on the last one is my husband being forced to lead both of our horses down a steep hill because I would have died without shooting it! (...... I'm an photo artist - so he is thanx God used to acts like this....)

over_xl_1.jpg

over_xl_8.jpg

More NZ pics on http://www.colourscreen.de/html/h_land_2.htm

Love

Tinkerbell

Hi, yep another New Zealander and from Christchurch too.!! Why this is so amazing for people who don't know a lot about our country-we only have 4 million people living here and we are sited almost at the bottom of the world.(very isolated)We do love our music here!!!

Now i'm a gran and 52 .I first heard Led Zeppelin when I was 14 yrs old.My friend had an older brother who played in a band - routinely lit his Gibson Les Paul on fire a la Jimi hendrix style every Saturday night at the Dunedin town hall.He had an amazing collection of vinyl LPs .I used to go over to my friend Linda's at lunchtime and we would listen to hier bro's music (he didn't know-he woulda gone ballistic if he had!!)

Any way the day I first heard Led Zep 1, it changed my life forever.I'd never heard anything like it. Robert's vocals and John Paul's growling bass in particular were the standouts for me.I credit these guys for turning me onto the blues.I used to have THAT poster in bedroom when i was 16 -you know the one (ladies will anyway)of Robert sittting in the sand chest bare looking like the rock god he is.

I just hope the come to NZ.I had been told that Robert was coming for a concert "sometime this year" but that hasn't happened.

Radio Hauraki -if you don't already listen is an excellent source of reliable info re concerts and such like.-AM 1017 in Christchurch.

regards, Melons aka Helen

Why this is so amazing for people who don't know a lot about our country - we only have 4 million people living here and we are sited almost at the bottom of the world.(very isolated)

Yeah, I do know...... And even when I wrote I'm fond of NZ (because I'm a real nature's child) I wouldn't like to change my place here for good with any place in the world! It's good to know driving only four hours for an espresso in Bella Italia! Or booking an hour flight to hang out for a weekend in London.....

And we also do love our music. Surprised? ;)

Archived