Set List

Here's most of the songs I would like to hear if I was going...

The Ocean, Kashmir, White Summer, Over The Hills and Far Away, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Achille's Last Stand, Going To California, Stairway To Heaven, That's The Way, Bron-Yr-Aur, Communication Breakdown, The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song, Misty Mountain Hop, Fool In The Rain, When The Levee Breaks, No Quarter, What Is And Should Never Be,...

I know I'm not going to the 02 Arena (wish I was). Any thoughts on what the set list will include? First post!!!

At the moment I can't give this topic a second thought as it is too painful - having found that the e mail telling me i had been suuccessful in the ticket ballott had gone into my junk e mail. I did not find it until 2 days after the deadline for applying. It is much worse than having just been unsuccessful, that was sort of inevitable! My husband just wont let me hear the end of it - it's like winning the lottery and losing the ticket, only worse....

I know I'm not going to the 02 Arena (wish I was). Any thoughts on what the set list will include? First post!!!

Me either. However, I hope they add "When the Levee Breaks" to the setlist. What a song...I never tire of listening to it. It's one of my many LZ favorites. :D

From various sources it appears the following may well be played:

Good Times Bad Times (opener)

Kashmir

Stairway to Heaven

Dazed and Confused

For Your Life (song never played live)

Whole Lotta Love

Celebration Day

There doesn't appear to be an acoustic set (pity), so my guess is some of the following might be played:

Rock and Roll

Black Dog or Heartbreaker

Communication Breakdown

The Song Remains the Same or The Rain Song

And maybe

Carouselambra

Bring it on Home

.....and I'd love to hear:

Ten Years Gone

Four Sticks (electric version Like Denmark '71)

No Quarter

Sick Again

Achilles Last Stand

Plus I've probably forgotten quite a few.

Add these up and you have about a 3-hour concert :D

So for 90+ mins, take the first few, add on your favourites and hope for the best.

Actually, I don't mind what they play ....it'll be excellent anyway!!!!

I can tell you Jason Bonham said the opening number is Good Times Bad Times. Jimmy Page said

they intend to perform one track from Presence never played live before.

This Article makes it seem like they will be playing a song that NO ONE hase ever heard!! Live or otherwise!!

Man, that makes my mouth water!

A friend of mine, who is a good mate or RP, says they will not be doing 1975-style epic workouts (40 minute Dazed & Confuseds, 30-minute No Quarters and, especially, 20-minute Moby Dicks). After all, they're no spring chickens ;) and they only have two hours or so.

Apparently the "sit down" acoustic secton will be making a comeback, which is nice.

Personally I would like them to emphasise the funky side of Zep, which would mean the likes of Custard Pie (what better opener could you ask for?), Trampled Underfoot, For Your Life, Wanton Song. I would also like to see them do stuff like Four Sticks, In The Light and, just for the sheer bizarreness of it Carouselambra.

However what I THINK they will play is as follows (no particular order):

TSRTS

Rock And Roll

Black Dog

No Quarter

Dazed & Confused

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

Good Times, Bad Times

When The Levee Breaks

Going To California

That's The Way

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

For Your Life

Achilles Last Stand

All My Love

In The Evening

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot

Sick Again

Ten Years Gone

Nobody' Fault But Mine

and...

Stairway to Heaven

I'd settle for that.

Remember, those long stretched out versions of the songs were formed after playing those songs night after night, and they evolved over time. Now, it has been so long since they've done it, they're pretty much starting over again. God, I wish I was going. I only saw them once, the first show of the '77 US tour, in Dallas.

Personally I would like them to emphasise the funky side of Zep, which would mean the likes of Custard Pie (what better opener could you ask for?), Trampled Underfoot, For Your Life, Wanton Song. I would also like to see them do stuff like Four Sticks, In The Light and, just for the sheer bizarreness of it Carouselambra

Wow, those are some good choices. I do wonder what they'll decide to play.

• 5 years later...

Archived