How does Soundboard recordings get out

Pb Derigable

If you're not familiar with Mike "The Mic" Millard, he's quite a story. He would fake being handicapped so he could come into the arena in a wheelchair, and would hide his recording equipment in the wheelchair.

That's just classic.

If he did that today he would be arrested for,...well for impersonating a handicapped person in a wheelchair.

I was just thinking about that. Could it be possible that Page in the future would just release every recording he has on zep. What would the point of him taking all those tapes to his grave. I'm sure he still wants to release stuff officially, but don't you think he'll make available all those soundboards and studio tapes? Zep is the biggest band by a large margin that doesn't care if Live tapes are traded, not sold for profit. On alot of the tape trading sites, the have lists of bands you can not trade with. Zep is open except official stuff and tapes from shows that they used. All of Earls court is available except the songs that appear on the LZ DVD 2003

He wouldn't just release the tapes as-is but I think more official live releases are on the cards.....they would need to be remastered as HTWWW & TSRTS have been.

He wouldn't just release the tapes as-is but I think more official live releases are on the cards.....they would need to be remastered as HTWWW & TSRTS have been.

I wouldn't expect he would release stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

He doesn't need the money, he fully realizes the ridiculous everlasting fan base worldwide, and besides what better publicity than a bootleg Zep recording surfacing.

And since he's such a stickler for quality, performance, audio and video wise, who would suspect.

I think in years passed he was pissed that Zeppelin were being ripped off but I firmly believe, and think he does also, that the bootlegs have helped the longeviety of Zeppelin, rather than hinder it.

As i said he still would want to release official stuff, but in the next 25 years, He may do some sort of a thing. he always said Zep was a live band and first. I would like to see another live album, Most likely something in the 75 and 77 area. I

I think in years passed he was pissed that Zeppelin were being ripped off but I firmly believe, and think he does also, that the bootlegs have helped the longeviety of Zeppelin, rather than hinder it.

You hit the nail right on it. There is probaly not a single zep fan who didn't buy HTWWW becasue they have burn like a candle. Some may say burn like a candle is better becasue of no edits, but the sound quality is nowhere near HTWWW. Selling of bootleggs is wrong, but tape trading is golden.

If he were smart he would be making money off his boots by selling them.

He probably knew that but decided that sharing the LZ experience/his friends was more important than making a profit. I'm sure his friends are most grateful......as I am. B)

Archived