Jonesy Triple neck

Pb Derigable

did jonsey really need the triple neck, as in did he use the mandolin for Ten years gone buy, or did he use the mandolin and somthing else for another song. I know he uses both the 6 and 12string for ten years gone bye. but what was the point of the mandolin on top.

did jonsey really need the triple neck, as in did he use the mandolin for Ten years gone buy, or did he use the mandolin and somthing else for another song. I know he uses both the 6 and 12string for ten years gone bye. but what was the point of the mandolin on top.

Some things are better on top :D

I always thought the acoustic sound suffered on Ten Years Gone because of that guitar. It sounds very thin. He should've used a normal acoustic guitar that had a fuller sound.

They only show i have that i think he is not using the triple, is the destroyer, Cleveland. Yeah it does sound fuller, But then again it could've been the miking of the triple that caused it to sound thin.

From what i saw on the Seattle video, he started off on the 6 then went to the 12 and it sounded a little bit better then listen to this Eddie and badge holders.

So did he need the triple or even a double for ten years gone.I know he used it, or did the acoustic sets have more to do with it. or was it for shits and giggles

I think the triple neck used one of the first piezo bridge pickups in 1977 which would explain why it had a brittle sound. He used it in his solo stuff with a looper and it sounds fantastic. I'm sure the acoustic tone is great. JPJ doesn't use crap gear.

I think the triple neck used one of the first piezo bridge pickups in 1977 which would explain why it had a brittle sound. He used it in his solo stuff with a looper and it sounds fantastic. I'm sure the acoustic tone is great. JPJ doesn't use crap gear.

Yeah i heard about that. im not 100% sure.

Archived