How long had Plant known Bonham for?

SilverVishnu

Did Rob meet Bonzo when the drummer joined the Crawling King Snakes in '67 or did they know each other before that? Rob mentioned in a '77 show (can't remember which one, may have been one of the Forum shows) that they had known each other for 15 years.

Did Rob meet Bonzo when the drummer joined the Crawling King Snakes in '67 or did they know each other before that? Rob mentioned in a '77 show (can't remember which one, may have been one of the Forum shows) that they had known each other for 15 years.

I thought it was the Band Of Joy where they met.

John Bonham joined The Crawling King Snakes in late 1965. He left after a few months to

rejoin A Way Of Life. I believe his friendship with Robert does preceed these events.

quite right there's an interview in which Robert states that he had known Bonham and Pat (his then girlfriend) since they were 15.

gotta find that link....

Charlie Rose

okay, found it, it's a Charlie Rose interview from 2005...check out the 27th minute, it's quite moving actually.

"I miss him so much. It's crazy." -- Robert Plant discussing John Bonham on MTV's Now & Then special (Spring '88)

"I don't know" -- Robert Plant's response to the question "Where do you think they (John Bonham and Karac) are now?" on Godnatt Sverige (Goodnight Sweden) (4/20/05).

Archived