Heath, why did you go so soon?

electricmage

I completely agree. That Batman movie was in no way a showing of the real Batman from the comics. It was more light-hearted and Nicholson filled the role as best could be done. I loved that movie, but it's not real Batman to me.

Wizard magazine voted the Joker as the greatest villain of all time. My hope is that Ledgers will live up to that and portray the Joker as has never been done before. It's time the Batman film universe became as dark-themed as the comics are

I think Burton's "Batman" is very close to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns," which was used as the main blueprint for the film. That film does justice to the "dark" elements of Bruce Wayne/Batman, but not fully as psychological as Batman Begins showed us. "Begins" certainly had the best storyline of the movies to date, but there's something about Burton's first outing that just makes it almost unbeatable. I like how one critic described it, as Nicholson later concurred, "Burton didn't make a film as much as he made a piece of pop art. A wonderful canvus that shines from start to finish."

I think Burton's "Batman" is very close to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns," which was used as the main blueprint for the film. That film does justice to the "dark" elements of Bruce Wayne/Batman, but not fully as psychological as Batman Begins showed us. "Begins" certainly had the best storyline of the movies to date, but there's something about Burton's first outing that just makes it almost unbeatable. I like how one critic described it, as Nicholson later concurred, "Burton didn't make a film as much as he made a piece of pop art. A wonderful canvus that shines from start to finish."

Call me crazy, but I would've liked to see a better representation of the Batmobile. It was cool and all, but if looks nothing like the original.

Did you like Jim Carey as the Riddler?

Call me crazy, but I would've liked to see a better representation of the Batmobile. It was cool and all, but if looks nothing like the original.

Did you like Jim Carey as the Riddler?

Do you mean the "Tumbler" or the "Keaton Batmobile?" I've always had a thing for the Keaton batmobile.

There were two good things about Batman Forever:

Jim Carrey as the Riddler,

and U2's Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Do you mean the "Tumbler" or the "Keaton Batmobile?" I've always had a thing for the Keaton batmobile.

There were two good things about Batman Forever:

Jim Carrey as the Riddler,

and U2's Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

The Tumbler looked that way for a reason, if that is what he was referring to. Second, I hated the Jim Carrey as the Riddler. Talk about hamming it up. If the Riddler was a queer eye cast member, maybe it would have been a good adaptation.

They need someone dark, intelligent and subtle to play the riddler. Jason Isaacs for example.

Second, I hated the Jim Carrey as the Riddler. Talk about hamming it up. If the Riddler was a queer eye cast member, maybe it would have been a good adaptation.

They need someone dark, intelligent and subtle to play the riddler. Jason Isaacs for example.

The Riddler has always been an overly flamboyant character. I think bringing too much of a dark element, while could prove interesting, would take away from the premise of the character created.

The Riddler has always been an overly flamboyant character. I think bringing too much of a dark element, while could prove interesting, would take away from the premise of the character created.

What comics are you reading? The Riddler that I know, was never flamboyant. His obsessive compulsive disorder, and his ability to recognize that he might actually be insane, seems pretty dark to me.

He was the one character, who knew he had issues. Aside from "the Killing Joke" where Joker told Batman he was far too gone to be cured.

What comics are you reading? The Riddler that I know, was never flamboyant. His obsessive compulsive disorder, and his ability to recognize that he might actually be insane, seems pretty dark to me.

He was the one character, who knew he had issues. Aside from "the Killing Joke" where Joker told Batman he was far too gone to be cured.

I haven't read any for a long time. I did buy the reissue of The Dark Knight Returns about 8 months ago, but can't say I've read comics for about a decade. Going on pure memory, albeit not the best. The Riddler was never a favorite villain of mine.

Archived