Heath, why did you go so soon?

electricmage

I wouldn't say that Heath was a fav of mine, but i am pissed he died becasue he could definitly be a great robert plant

I thought the last batman was the best movie i saw in the last couple of years. If they could get the same magic again, this would go down as the greatest heath movie.

i have a feeling ledgers peformance is going to run circles around jack nicholsons.

what a brilliant actor.

Jacks performance fit the movie perfectly. No one could've done a better job. Heath's character fits this movie. It'll be completely different takes on the Joker

Hi all,

Jacks performance fit the movie perfectly. No one could've done a better job. Heath's character fits this movie. It'll be completely different takes on the Joker

Heath,will be a much more realistic Joker (i.e. the comic book(s) than Jack's ever

was,IMO.

KB

Do you mena the 75 yearold gene wilder to play a 25 year old robert plant or the 75 year old gene wilder to play the 59 year old Plant. Yes the gene wilder of the 1970's will be a good robert plant, but while you're there, you mght as well get the real robert plant.

Nicholson's Joker fit the movie well. But that was because the movie was so far from any batman universe. It's known fact that Burton never picked up a comic. Heath had guidance from Joker's creator on set.

I never really cared for Heath Ledger, until I saw Lords Of Dogtown, and it took me half the movie to realise it was him! That's when I became impressed with him. He was really good in Brokeback Mountain too

He was in the lords of dog town? I love that movie, i rember johnny knoxville. okay im on imdb now. i would never of guessed it. I thought he was good in ten things i hate about you,

The Joker is without a doubt the best comic villain of all time.

It's still debatable how the arch-enemy of a man dressed up as a bat is a man who looks like a clown because he nearly drowned in toxic waste. But I think it dives into people and strikes a chord. A clown is supposed to be a man of constant entertainment and unwielding improvisation. Someone you can never trust because you can't see their real face, and someone you should fear because he is unpredictable. The same element that drives Batman as a heroic vigilante.

Nicholson is the Joker. Period. I only wish he played him 10 years younger, probably would have been more physical with the role. Cuckoo's Nest is his best role, and there are definitely elements of McMurphy that went into his role as the Joker, same with his portrayel of the Devil in the Witches of Eastwich.

I'm fully anticipating Ledger's performance with an open mind. It won't be the same, and thats good. I wouldn't want him doing a Nicholson impersonation. Jack's portrayel was more offbeat and mildly cynical, a trait of the Joker. Ledger is tapping other aspects of the Joker's constantly evolving personality and plays a more dark and murderous villain, something I applaud.

Why Nicholson will always be the best? This scene. This laugh. This fuckin' guy.

Heath will be amazing in this movie, and I am sure it will be a very good end to his career. And I hate to "what if" it....but would he be getting so much attention for this movie if he was still alive?

Probably not. Regardless, he is going to be phenomenal and probably be better than Nicholson when it comes to the more serious side of the role. But Nicholson was always the original :)

That clip is great.

This was always my favorite, esp when he mocks the statue....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tgxIWgJ_DE

I don't like when they destroy the Degas though!

Nicholson's Joker fit the movie well. But that was because the movie was so far from any batman universe. It's known fact that Burton never picked up a comic. Heath had guidance from Joker's creator on set.

I completely agree. That Batman movie was in no way a showing of the real Batman from the comics. It was more light-hearted and Nicholson filled the role as best could be done. I loved that movie, but it's not real Batman to me.

Wizard magazine voted the Joker as the greatest villain of all time. My hope is that Ledgers will live up to that and portray the Joker as has never been done before. It's time the Batman film universe became as dark-themed as the comics are

The Joker is without a doubt the best comic villain of all time.

It's still debatable how the arch-enemy of a man dressed up as a bat is a man who looks like a clown because he nearly drowned in toxic waste. But I think it dives into people and strikes a chord. A clown is supposed to be a man of constant entertainment and unwielding improvisation. Someone you can never trust because you can't see their real face, and someone you should fear because he is unpredictable. The same element that drives Batman as a heroic vigilante.

Nicholson is the Joker. Period. I only wish he played him 10 years younger, probably would have been more physical with the role. Cuckoo's Nest is his best role, and there are definitely elements of McMurphy that went into his role as the Joker, same with his portrayel of the Devil in the Witches of Eastwich.

I'm fully anticipating Ledger's performance with an open mind. It won't be the same, and thats good. I wouldn't want him doing a Nicholson impersonation. Jack's portrayel was more offbeat and mildly cynical, a trait of the Joker. Ledger is tapping other aspects of the Joker's constantly evolving personality and plays a more dark and murderous villain, something I applaud.

Why Nicholson will always be the best? This scene. This laugh. This fuckin' guy.

I agree that he played a good Joker, but I don't think he was as mentally insane and impossibly evil as the Joker from the comics are, although I will admit, his laugh was damn good.

:lol: It was pretty campy but at 9yo it was cool. They had alot of big stars on that series. I especially liked the episode where Batman and Robin had a fight with the

Green Hornet and Kato aka Bruce Lee. Batman held his own but Robin got his ass kicked lol.

Archived