Poetry Book by Robert Plant

I think it would be cool if Robert wrote a poetry book. Most of his lyrics are poetry anyways and Im sure he could come up with some awesome stuff. This came to my mind because Ive been learning The Rain Song on guitar (a whole lotta thanks to you guys on the forum for posting tuninngs) the lyrics to The Rain Song are simply amazing.

Well, IMHO he's not a poet, he's a lyricist (and on occasion a storyteller) so for him to attempt a book of poetry would be a bit pretentious. I'd like him to publish his findings

from his survey of iron age forts which he undertook about 10 years ago. He could also

easily write one of the ultimate road trip journals having been to so many exotic locales,

I just don't think he's interested in doing any of this.

I think it would be cool if Robert wrote a poetry book. Most of his lyrics are poetry anyways and Im sure he could come up with some awesome stuff. This came to my mind because Ive been learning The Rain Song on guitar (a whole lotta thanks to you guys on the forum for posting tuninngs) the lyrics to The Rain Song are simply amazing.

Have you ever heard the song by kyllie Monogue I could be so lucky ,,,,,lucky lucky lucky ?she was at a poetry night at some bar in england with nick cave and he dared her to go up on the stage and recite that song as a poem. she was blown away that she pulled it off by such a simple song.! The rain song is a beautiful song both music and lyrics but i wouldn't hold your breath or wait too long for Robert to start writing poetry.! as he's still on his musical journey that he talks about and poetry is maybe something that he will get into when he's 75-80 years old.

Well, IMHO he's not a poet, he's a lyricist (and on occasion a storyteller) so for him to attempt a book of poetry would be a bit pretentious.

While I probably agree with you (probably because I think there is no reason why he should try to do so), I also think that it's a bit pretentious to automatically claim that such an attempt would be pretentious. All we (and I'm bold enough to say that it includes you) have ever heard is his lyrics, so we don't know what his poerty would be like. That's like saying that Sagmeister shouldn't try to make a painting with oil colours simply because he's known as a graphic designer.

While I probably agree with you (probably because I think there is no reason why he should try to do so), I also think that it's a bit pretentious to automatically claim that such an attempt would be pretentious. All we (and I'm bold enough to say that it includes you) have ever heard is his lyrics, so we don't know what his poerty would be like. That's like saying that Sagmeister shouldn't try to make a painting with oil colours simply because he's known as a graphic designer.

If I understand correctly you agree with my opinon but don't agree with my opinion. I

did'nt say he should not attempt it, I did say it would be pretentious for him to do so.

Admittedly, my personal bias is the further away he gets from being a rock n roll singer

the less interested I become in his work. I doubt very much I'd ever become completely disinterested in his projects, as he is Robert Plant, but my appreciation of those works

would be far less than that of those who are suggesting that he attempt such works.

Archived