• 9 months later...

My only complaint is probably the running time of the CD, just 8 songs and a little over 33 minutes, other than that I like the album. Can't decide which is my favourite but "Wearing and Tearing" has that frenzyness and urgency that I like in a rock song which few others can provide. Other highlights, in my opinion, are ¨"Poor Tom" and "Darlene" whose respective drumming and piano fascinate me. Robert Plant's voice is different in each song but I wonder if this is perceived by the casual listener, in any case it doesn't constitute a problem.

Back in the 70s and 80s...bands would record 40 or so songs in the studio...pick about 10 of the best tracks and make an album...some of the later LZ records had tracks on them that didnt fit earlier records...

Coda itself was material thrown together from those sessions...I wouldnt support it as an official release since it was done after the band had broken up...just like the 40 or so Jimi Hendrix albums of material put out after he died using rejected material from his 5 studio records...

My only complaint is probably the running time of the CD, just 8 songs and a little over 33 minutes, other than that I like the album. Can't decide which is my favourite but "Wearing and Tearing" has that frenzyness and urgency that I like in a rock song which few others can provide. Other highlights, in my opinion, are ¨"Poor Tom" and "Darlene" whose respective drumming and piano fascinate me. Robert Plant's voice is different in each song but I wonder if this is perceived by the casual listener, in any case it doesn't constitute a problem.

...Zemun, just for clarification, I am wondering why the cd is just over 33 minutes, as you state, but above your post, the Pagemeister has the full album at 54 minutes? Just wondering why that is? cheers

...Zemun, just for clarification, I am wondering why the cd is just over 33 minutes, as you state, but above your post, the Pagemeister has the full album at 54 minutes? Just wondering why that is? cheers

There were subsequent editions of the album which added bonus tracks but I don't own those. My CD has only the 8 songs -- the 4 extra songs is probably what explains the different running times.

There were subsequent editions of the album which added bonus tracks but I don't own those. My CD has only the 8 songs -- the 4 extra songs is probably what explains the different running times.

oh really. i did not know that. I had the vinyl when it came out and will have to check out the differences. I wonder why they did that?...cheers, thanks for responding.

Archived