Brian Wilson Returns To Capitol For New Album

Jahfin

wilson_brian_01l.gif

Brian Wilson

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After issuing his recent work on Rhino and Nonesuch, Beach Boys principal Brian Wilson has returned to Capitol Records for the release of his next album, "That Lucky Old Sun." The set is due Sept. 2.

"That Lucky Old Sun," which centers around the Southern California of Wilson's youth, was premiered last September at London's Royal Festival Hall. The work comprises 11 new songs plus four spoken narratives written by longtime collaborator Van Dyke Parks and a vocal excerpt.

To read the remainder of the article click here.

wilson_brian_01l.gif

Brian Wilson

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After issuing his recent work on Rhino and Nonesuch, Beach Boys principal Brian Wilson has returned to Capitol Records for the release of his next album, "That Lucky Old Sun." The set is due Sept. 2.

"That Lucky Old Sun," which centers around the Southern California of Wilson's youth, was premiered last September at London's Royal Festival Hall. The work comprises 11 new songs plus four spoken narratives written by longtime collaborator Van Dyke Parks and a vocal excerpt.

Love the Beach Boys and Wilson. Must hear it!!

Love the Beach Boys and Wilson. Must hear it!!

No offense intended but is there any reason to quote the entire article especially when yours is only the second post in the thread? I mean it's not like anything is different now that you're Desperado instead of icanquityoubabe.

No offense intended but is there any reason to quote the entire article especially when yours is only the second post in the thread? I mean it's not like anything is different now that you're Desperado instead of icanquityoubabe.

OK Jahfin. You are looking for another fight I presume. I shall not oblige you this time. I dont know how to respond without hitting the reply button. You are always looking to start trouble arent you??

OK Jahfin. You are looking for another fight I presume. I shall not oblige you this time. I dont know how to respond without hitting the reply button. You are always looking to start trouble arent you??

I'm not looking for trouble at all, just asking you why had to quote the entire post. Speaking of "trouble" I thought you were banned.

:wacko:

Have no fear, I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before he's banned again.

I dont know who is worse? You or that cartoon face from western Canada? That is a tough one? Hmmmm. Too close to call as you are both a couple of instigators. I saw that post where you took on Jethro. You are all the same. Why dont you post a pic of yourself and your supposed girlfriend? Let us see what Johnny Cash really looks like. You are so good at telling people off on this site. You are really pathetic. You never can engage in a conversation about music without criticizing others outlook on the subject at hand. You are combative by nature. You want this forum all to yourself so you can keep posting shit about your hillbilly heaven background. Ah, you arent worth me wasting my breath on.

I dont know who is worse? You or that cartoon face from western Canada? That is a tough one? Hmmmm. Too close to call as you are both a couple of instigators. I saw that post where you took on Jethro. You are all the same. Why dont you post a pic of yourself and your supposed girlfriend? Let us see what Johnny Cash really looks like. You are so good at telling people off on this site. You are really pathetic. You never can engage in a conversation about music without criticizing others outlook on the subject at hand. You are combative by nature. You want this forum all to yourself so you can keep posting shit about your hillbilly heaven background. Ah, you arent worth me wasting my breath on.

Can't say I "instigated" anything or that I wish to have "the forum all to myself", all I did was ask you why you felt the need to quote the entire post when there was really no need to.

Can't say I "instigated" anything or that I wish to have "the forum all to myself", all I did was ask you why you felt the need to quote the entire post when there was really no need to.

So I wasted a bit of space-not on purpose. But you can count the number of new topics Ive created/posted on one hand. So I at least dont bombard the board with new topics.

So I wasted a bit of space-not on purpose. But you can count the number of new topics Ive created/posted on one hand. So I at least dont bombard the board with new topics.

It's not about wasted space. If you wanted to quote a pertinent part of the post to reply to that's fine, I just don't see the need to quote an entire post to make a "Brian Wilson / Beach Boys rule!" (which is perfectly fine) type of reply. In regards to bombarding the board with new topics, I would say my contributions here are not that at all. This is a discussion board, not a place for you to come and whine about being banned only to sign back on under a different name. And, if your sorry motherfucking ass sends me one more threatening PM I'll have no problem reporting you to the Mods. None whatsoever.

Poor Brian is trying to make some meaningful new music for a change and all we get in this thread is a flamewar?

Shame isn't it? "Desperado" was banned before when he was here as "icantquityoubabe". I'm sure if he keeps up his usual childish antics he'll be banned again.

• 7 months later...
wilson_brian_01l.gif

Brian Wilson

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

How's it going "Jahfin?" How could I have missed this thread. Not only am I a die hard hard core BRIAN WILSON fanatic, he is one of my most dearest friends that I know personally. It is great to see Van Dyke Parks and Brian Wilson working together again. I especially loved it when Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks finished and released SMiLE.

How's it going "Jahfin?" How could I have missed this thread. Not only am I a die hard hard core BRIAN WILSON fanatic, he is one of my most dearest friends that I know personally. It is great to see Van Dyke Parks and Brian Wilson working together again. I especially loved it when Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks finished and released SMiLE.

wow! i love brian wilson....i saw the pet sounds tour, it was amazing!

how about the re-release of dennis wilson's long lost album "pacific ocean blue"? killer!

wow! i love brian wilson....i saw the pet sounds tour, it was amazing!

how about the re-release of dennis wilson's long lost album "pacific ocean blue"? killer!

WOW "Beatbo," I'm going to have to tell you the story of how I met Denny in L.A. in 1981. Denny was one of my most dearest friends that I ever knew. I love PACIFIC OCEAN BLUE. ROCK ON!

WOW "Beatbo," I'm going to have to tell you the story of how I met Denny in L.A. in 1981. Denny was one of my most dearest friends that I ever knew. I love PACIFIC OCEAN BLUE. ROCK ON!

can't wait to hear this story in person, ZFF!

Archived