Thought "Walk the Line" was fantastic

MATTY PAGE

Hello,

I dunno why I hadn't seen it sooner but on Sunday in England on channel 4 at 9pm "Walk The Line" was on. (I guess a lot of you laready knew that)

But as I hadn't seen it yet it was a real treat for me, it even made me where my Johnny Cash t-shirt yesterday and today!

I thought both lead roles were very good, I'm sure the guys on here will agree that Reese Witherspoon looked very hot, black hair really suited her I thought. I personally thought with the time they had the film captured his life quite well.

See ya

I have only recently seen this too, and wished I had taken the plunge earlier as it was terrific. I am not a Johnny Cash fan as such so I cannot really judge on how true to character Joaquin's performance was, but his overall presence and acting was superb. Reece was a joy to watch too.

A highly recommended watch :)

I'm no movie buff, but this did seem well done to me and family members who saw it also. The lead actor was also very good as the villian in "Gladiator". I understand he did all the singing parts, and the feeling was there (the "Jackson" song was excellent). I do have trouble with the realistic depictions of the star's personal life, same as the Ray Charles story they did a while back - it's tough to go along with the ups and downs of their lives.

do have trouble with the realistic depictions of the star's personal life, same as the Ray Charles story they did a while back - it's tough to go along with the ups and downs of their lives.

I would rather a biopic such as Walk the Line stick as close as possible to the true story of Cash's life rather than try to embellish it so it "tests" well with target audiences. As they say, "truth is stranger than fishin'". In this case, Cash was involved with the script right up until the time of his death so at least he had some say in it. Though it was lacking in spots, overall I enjoyed the movie. Hopefully they will make another one that picks up where Walk the Line left off. By the same token, even though it was a documentary, I'd love to see Scorsese tackle the rest of the Bob Dylan story in a follow up to No Direction Home.

Sorry but I have to correct my grammer!!

(I guess a lot of you "aready" knew that)

Just a helpful hint to let you know you can edit your posts in the event of mistakes. There's a box on the bottom right hand corner of your post. If you click on that you can fix any mistakes you may have made. While you're in there you might wanna run spelchek on "grammer" while you're at it. ;)

My dad was a big Johnny Cash fan - he'd play his records alot at home, and repeatedly sing his songs when we worked together. Considering Dad was a war vet who was adament about people "walking the (straight) line" in life, it kinda suprised me that he overlooked Johnny's faults so easily. Guess it's proof of what a powerful personality and performer Johnny was.

Archived