celebrity

slave to zep

This is a really great thread - thanks so much to "slave to zep" for starting it! I was reading through and it really put a smile on my face :) Really wonderful stories "alwizard03" and "MSG"!! Thanks to everyone who contributed here-brought back some great memories for me as well.

I know that my brief encounter with Jimmy at TSRTS, he was so sweet, genuine and gracious to all of the fans that were there to see their movie (and obviously to see Zep in person). I just remember him shaking everyones hands, signing autographs, and really seeming to enjoy the events unfolding around him. Back at that time, I was pretty nuts over Jimmy (and probably made a complete spectacle of myself at the same time). But you do those kind of things when you are young and I would not take back anything I did for a second.

:blush::P

:lol: When I took his picture he was probably thinking to himself "who is this crazy girl standing on the arms of her chair taking my picture?" :bagoverhead:

This is an interesting thread - probably because, as you said, it brings back so many great memories. It doesn't matter when our LZ experiences took place - our memories are all great and when one person talks about his or her experience we can all relate because we remember just what it felt like.

I love your story and, no, you didn't make a spectacle of yourself - no worse than any of the rest of us back then. :bagoverhead::ph34r:

I am sure that Jimmy was very, very happy (and he looks that way in your photo) to see you. Knowing Jimmy as he was back then, he was probably thinking how cute you were. :D

Believe me, no matter how many times some people say that Zep were a "guys' band" (I think that even one of the Zep members said that), all of the Zep members (especially Jimmy and Robert) loved the attention of their young girl fans. :D

For what it's worth, I wouldn't take back one single thing that I did either. B)

Back at that time, I was pretty nuts over Jimmy (and probably made a complete spectacle of myself at the same time). But you do those kind of things when you are young and I would not take back anything I did for a second. :blush::P

:lol::lol: don't worry about that! I would do those kind of embarassing things even now that I am not 16 anymore if I was to meet him! :D

I like to think that sometimes it just might look something of an amusement for them to see their fans acting like :blink: or :wacko: or :chickeddance:

This is an interesting thread - probably because, as you said, it brings back so many great memories. It doesn't matter when our LZ experiences took place - our memories are all great and when one person talks about his or her experience we can all relate because we remember just what it felt like.

I love your story and, no, you didn't make a spectacle of yourself - no worse than any of the rest of us back then. :bagoverhead::ph34r:

I am sure that Jimmy was very, very happy (and he looks that way in your photo) to see you. Knowing Jimmy as he was back then, he was probably thinking how cute you were. :D

Believe me, no matter how many times some people say that Zep were a "guys' band" (I think that even one of the Zep members said that), all of the Zep members (especially Jimmy and Robert) loved the attention of their young girl fans. :D

For what it's worth, I wouldn't take back one single thing that I did either. B)

Thanks for that MSG - I appreciate it :) I have thought more and more about the good times back then in the past year and especially since joining this forum. And since I was only 16 at the time the movie came out, I definitely fit into the "young girl fans" category :lol: It is really nice to see even now how many young people are into Zeppelin - really puts a smile on my face to know how wonderful and timeless their music actually is. :D

:lol::lol: don't worry about that! I would do those kind of embarassing things even now that I am not 16 anymore if I was to meet him! :D

I like to think that sometimes it just might look something of an amusement for them to see their fans acting like :blink: or :wacko: or :chickeddance:

Thanks AMAZONIC - you're probably right that they got a kick out of it :)

Thanks for that MSG - I appreciate it :) I have thought more and more about the good times back then in the past year and especially since joining this forum. And since I was only 16 at the time the movie came out, I definitely fit into the "young girl fans" category :lol: It is really nice to see even now how many young people are into Zeppelin - really puts a smile on my face to know how wonderful and timeless their music actually is. :D

You're welcome, ILJP. It's true, though. I've just started to look back within the past year too. I really hadn't thought about Zep for decades. I always listened to their music but I had a whole other life post-Zep and didn't have the time or inclination to constantly look back at those years. As far as actually sitting down and thinking about and writing about those times, I hadn't done that at all until recently. I don't know what exactly prompted me to do it. It might have been seeing Robert three years ago. It might have been seeing those photos of Jimmy accepting his OBE. It might just be that I'm getting older and there are certain things that I want to remember and write down so I won't forget them. I do know that since joining this board, I have laughed as I read other people's LZ posts (e.g., your story about standing on the chair arms) and laughed as I remembered so many of my own funny Zep experiences. I am so happy that Zep's music touches so many young people in the way that it touched us. You're right - their music is timeless.

You're welcome, ILJP. It's true, though. I've just started to look back within the past year too. I really hadn't thought about Zep for decades. I always listened to their music but I had a whole other life post-Zep and didn't have the time or inclination to constantly look back at those years. As far as actually sitting down and thinking about and writing about those times, I hadn't done that at all until recently. I don't know what exactly prompted me to do it. It might have been seeing Robert three years ago. It might have been seeing those photos of Jimmy accepting his OBE. It might just be that I'm getting older and there are certain things that I want to remember and write down so I won't forget them. I do know that since joining this board, I have laughed as I read other people's LZ posts (e.g., your story about standing on the chair arms) and laughed as I remembered so many of my own funny Zep experiences. I am so happy that Zep's music touches so many young people in the way that it touched us. You're right - their music is timeless.

msg, id love to hear more of your stories!

Archived