wonderful one

slave to zep

i really love the song wonderful one. anyone know when and where this was first performed/recorded? thankyou.

In February 1994 Jimmy & Robert began rehearsing at Depot Studios near Kings Cross, London using a series of drum loops provided by Martin Meissonnier as backing tracks.

The demo for 'Wonderful One' was done at RAK Recording Studios in St. John's Wood, London. It was first performed live in August 1994 at the London Television Centre

for the MTV 'Unledded' telecast which premiered in the USA on October 12, 1994.

In February 1994 Jimmy & Robert began rehearsing at Depot Studios near Kings Cross, London using a series of drum loops provided by Martin Meissonnier as backing tracks.

The demo for 'Wonderful One' was done at RAK Recording Studios in St. John's Wood, London. It was first performed live in August 1994 at the London Television Centre

for the MTV 'Unledded' telecast which premiered in the USA on October 12, 1994.

thankyou steve! so is the unledded dvd/cd the only recording of it? apart from bootlegs i mean. there is no studio version?

If I'm correct, I think it was first released on No Quarter in 1994.

but no quarter and unledded are the same aren't they?........just a few extras on the dvd. i thought there may have been another release of another page/plant show, or maybe plant and strange sensations performing it etc.

but no quarter and unledded are the same aren't they?........just a few extras on the dvd. i thought there may have been another release of another page/plant show, or maybe plant and strange sensations performing it etc.

Yes, it's the same album/dvd: 'No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded'

In addition to the MTV telecast, they also performed 'Wonderful One' on 'Later With Jools Holland' (UK) (Nov 8 1994). When the North American tour began it was in the

setlist for the first few dates (Feb 28 1995 Atlanta, Mar 1 1995 Atlanta, Mar 3 1995 Knoxville) but dropped.

Initially, the album was released in the United States with the following tracks:

1. "Nobody's Fault but Mine" – 4:06
  2. "Thank You" – 5:47
  3. "No Quarter" (Jones/Page/Plant) – 3:45
  4. "Friends" – 4:37
  5. "Yallah" – 4:59
  6. "City Don't Cry" – 6:08
  7. "Since I've Been Loving You" (Jones/Page/Plant) – 7:29
  8. "The Battle of Evermore" – 6:41
  9. "Wonderful One" – 4:57
  10. "That's the Way" – 5:35
  11. "Gallows Pole" (Traditional arr. Page/Plant) – 4:09
  12. "Four Sticks" – 4:52
  13. "Kashmir" (Page/Plant/Bonham) – 12:27

• In international releases, "Wah Wah" was included before "That's the Way".

2004 Reissue

For the tenth anniversary, the album was re-released with a different cover and the following tracklist:

1. "<A class=mw-redirect title="Nobody's Fault But Mine" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody%27s_Fault_But_Mine">Nobody's Fault But Mine" – 4:06
  2. "No Quarter" (Jones/Page/Plant) – 3:45
  3. "Friends" – 4:37
  4. "The Truth Explodes" (formerly known as "Yallah") (Page/Plant) -4:59
  5. "The Rain Song" – 7:29
  8. "Battle of Evermore" – 6:41
  11. "Wah Wah" – 3:59
  12. "Gallows Pole" (Traditional arr. Page/Plant) – 4:09
  13. "Four Sticks" – 4:52
  14. "Kashmir" (Page/Plant/Bonham) – 12:27

"Gallows Pole" and "Wonderful One" (among others) were also released as singles.

Yes, it's the same album/dvd: 'No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded'

In addition to the MTV telecast, they also performed 'Wonderful One' on 'Later With Jools Holland' (UK) (Nov 8 1994). When the North American tour began it was in the

setlist for the first few dates (Feb 28 1995 Atlanta, Mar 1 1995 Atlanta, Mar 3 1995 Knoxville) but dropped.

Song list from the Australian release DVD 2004:

No Quarter

Thank You

What Is And What Should Never Be

The Battle Of Evermore

Nobody's Fault But Mine

City Don't Cry

The Truth Explodes

Wah Wah

When The Levee Breaks

Wonderful One

Since I've Been Loving You

The Rain Song

That's The Way

Four Sticks

Friends

Kashmir

Extras:

Black Dog Performed at ABC American Music Awards

Most High Film Clip

unleddedrn1.jpg

Initially, the album was released in the United States with the following tracks:

1. "Nobody's Fault but Mine" – 4:06
  2. "Thank You" – 5:47
  3. "No Quarter" (Jones/Page/Plant) – 3:45
  4. "Friends" – 4:37
  5. "Yallah" – 4:59
  8. "The Battle of Evermore" – 6:41
  11. "Gallows Pole" (Traditional arr. Page/Plant) – 4:09
  12. "Four Sticks" – 4:52
  13. "Kashmir" (Page/Plant/Bonham) – 12:27

• In international releases, "Wah Wah" was included before "That's the Way".

2004 Reissue

For the tenth anniversary, the album was re-released with a different cover and the following tracklist:

1. "<A class=mw-redirect title="Nobody's Fault But Mine" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody%27s_Fault_But_Mine">Nobody's Fault But Mine" – 4:06
  2. "No Quarter" (Jones/Page/Plant) – 3:45
  3. "Friends" – 4:37
  4. "The Truth Explodes" (formerly known as "Yallah") (Page/Plant) -4:59
  5. "The Rain Song" – 7:29
  8. "Battle of Evermore" – 6:41
  11. "Wah Wah" – 3:59
  12. "Gallows Pole" (Traditional arr. Page/Plant) – 4:09
  13. "Four Sticks" – 4:52
  14. "Kashmir" (Page/Plant/Bonham) – 12:27

"Gallows Pole" and "Wonderful One" (among others) were also released as singles.

steve, this link says that it wasnt written by page and plant. is that correct?

steve, this link says that it wasnt written by page and plant. is that correct?

Please disregard the Wikipedia link, it is referring to a different song of the same title.

Rest assured the 'Wonderful One' we have been discussing here was indeed written

by Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in Spring 1994.

It should be noted that the version released on the No Quarter/Unledded CD is not from the August 1994 concerts. It's actually a studio recording from November 1994.

ok now im confused.....which version is on the unledded dvd? i dont have the cd.

Archived