re;Led Zeppelin number 1 albums in various countries

euro

Over the years I compiled a list of countries where Zeppelin albums have gone number 1. My list is by no means complete nor is perfect so if anyone has anything to add by all means:

Led Zeooelin 1:Spain

Led Zeppelin 2:Spain, USA,UK,Canada,Australia,Germany Netherlands

Led Zeppelin 3:USA,UK,Canada,Australia,Italy,Sweden

Led Zeppelin IV:Canada,UK,France

Houses of the Holy:USA,UK,Canada,Australia

Physical Graffit:USA,UK,Canada

Presence: USA,UK and Canada

Song Remains the Same:UK

In throug the out door;US,UK,Canada,New Zealand

Coda:none

How the West Was Won:USA,Canada

BBC Sessions:none

Remasters:Finland,Australia

Mothership:Norway,New Zealand

Early Days/Latter Days,collectively and individually: none

Interesting how Led Zeppelin IV never made #1 in USA even though it sold like 23 million copies(More albums than Queen sold in UK in total!)

Led Zeppelin had remarkable 8 straight number 1 albums in UK(matches record set by ABBA)

Hi all,

Hi ereo!Welcome to the jungle,we got fun and names(yes names) :D

As far as I can tell,Led Zeppelin out sold every band,from the 3rd rock from the sun in their day.And still to this day sell 4 million cd/albums worldwide,...

18+ years later,.......

KB

Hi all,

As far as I can tell,Led Zeppelin out sold every band,from the 3rd rock from the sun in their day.And still to this day sell 4 million cd/albums worldwide,...

18+ years later,.......

KB

is this right? i often wondered how many are still selling these days..........i always look in their section if im in record store, and quite often they are "sold out"

Hi all,

18+ years later,.......

KB

I would say in their heyday you are right. However,I think they sell more like 1.5-2.0 million copies a year(which is remarkable given the state of the music industry). As for current back catalogs sells for rock group I woud put them behind the Beatles of course and perhaps Pink Floyd,the latter really got a boast to back catalog with their appearance at Live Eight,the endless anniversary editions of Dark Side of Moon and the support from the continous touring from both Waters and Gilmour who include incorporated alot of floyd material into their shows(no reinterpretations here either) . I suspect Queen is a strong back catalog seller too though it seems mostly confined to compiliaition albums

is this right? i often wondered how many are still selling these days..........i always look in their section if im in record store, and quite often they are "sold out"

A question for you as you are from Australia: I know Remasters was an absolute smash there. Was it deleted with the release of Mothership?

Thanks

A question for you as you are from Australia: I know Remasters was an absolute smash there. Was it deleted with the release of Mothership?

Thanks

Firstly, I'd be very surprised if IV, Runes or whatever didn't reach no. 1 in Oz.

Remasters was released as a two disc "greatest hits compilation" and a four disc set with some unreleased tracks and previously tracks that were not on any albums.

There were notable exceptions that were not included but were released on another two disc set with only the songs that missed the Remasters four disc set.

To my knowledge it was not deleted and is still available.

Led Zeppelin III, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffiti reached #1 in Australia. Led Zeppelin IV made only #2. This is from the Go Set charts as ARIA didnt start album charts til the 1980s. Remasters was deleted in 2002, but some stores still carry copies. I've seen them in JB HiFi.

Meg

Firstly, I'd be very surprised if IV, Runes or whatever didn't reach no. 1 in Oz.

Remasters was released as a two disc "greatest hits compilation" and a four disc set with some unreleased tracks and previously tracks that were not on any albums.

There were notable exceptions that were not included but were released on another two disc set with only the songs that missed the Remasters four disc set.

To my knowledge it was not deleted and is still available.

Archived