Help me find this bootleg

cowbell666

A friend recently asked me to find a bootleg for him that he had on vinyl back in the day... and i'm having a little trouble figuring it out.

here's the info he's given me:

He says its of a concert in California, probably '72 (maybe LA)

They play the usual Boogie Chillin' then the complete Honey Bee, then goes into the Lemon Song..

they play roll em pete roll em all night long...

Those are all in the WLL medley.

then later he gave me a bit more....

The medley includes:

roll em pete

they call me the hunter

the entire honey bee

lemon song

and blueberry hill as part of medley.

i'm pretty sure i can narrow the show down to sometime in spring 1970. because it includes HMMT, Lemon Song, and Blueberry Hill. only problem is i don't know which show it is. my current guess by looking at the Timeline is maybe March 27th 1970 in LA, but i don't have this bootleg so i can't be sure. it's probably something around that time.

hopefully someone can help me out here.... thanks!

"Live on Blueberry Hill" - Led Zeppelin live at The Forum, Inglewood, September 4th, 1970

About as famous as any bootleg has ever been.

Which means that you'll have absolutely no trouble finding it all over the internet, in various formats and forms of quality.

"Live on Blueberry Hill" - Led Zeppelin live at The Forum, Inglewood, September 4th, 1970

About as famous as any bootleg has ever been.

Which means that you'll have absolutely no trouble finding it all over the internet, in various formats and forms of quality.

no, he said that isn't it. he has that bootleg already. he says its not an encore at the end like On Blueberry Hill. he says its part of the Whole Lotta Love medley... and now he's saying it wasn't the HMMT, WLL, CB sequence they did in the spring of 1970 like i thought (but he could be wrong, his memory is a little weak).

no, he said that isn't it. he has that bootleg already. he says its not an encore at the end like On Blueberry Hill. he says its part of the Whole Lotta Love medley... and now he's saying it wasn't the HMMT, WLL, CB sequence they did in the spring of 1970 like i thought (but he could be wrong, his memory is a little weak).

Well then he is either mistaken on this boot having been on vinyl, or he has the setlist/songs wrong.

The March 27th, 1970 show was never put out on vinyl. And, in any case, the band didn't play Honey Bee, Roll Em, or Blueberry Hill at that show.

What's more is that there are only three known live performances of "Blueberry Hill". First in Oakland on 9/2/70, the LA show 9/4/70 and the evening New York show on 9/19/70. The Oakland and New York shows have also never been released on a vinyl boot. However, the New York show is the only one to have featured "How Many More Times". But, again, it wouldn't be that show that your friend is thinking of, since it only just circulated in the last few years.

So, again, based on the songs you listed (save for HMMT), and the fact that it featured "Blueberry Hill", there is no other show that it could be except for LA. Keep in mind that the original TMoQ vinyl of "Live on Blueberry Hill" featured many of the songs out of order.

ok... so we're ABSOLUTELY sure it's not the Live on Blueberry Hill bootleg. he says it was a single LP with a white cover (like the Beatles album).

he says:

They did:

Boogie chillin'

roll em pete, roll em all night long

Hear lotta buzzin, sounds like my little honey bee...(in many concerts they don't play this one out..it's a cue for page to go into the WLW riff. here page plays real slow and..er, great.

Then they go into Lemon Song.

And plant says, "take out your teeth before you get into bed"

Then he sings Blueberry Hill, PART OF MEDLEY.

he also says they play You Shook Me.

i'm kinda at a loss here... my guess is that its just a few different shows pieced together... but its going to be hard to figure any of that out.

yea, I think he is just confused about the way the songs were represented on this show.(this happens to me allot) I remember the first time I heard a tape of the 9/04/70 (Blueberry hill) show I thought that For What It's worth was played durring JPJ bass solo. since Zeppelin shows are long and especially durring 1970 very differen't and with allot of stuff going on he might have got some of his stuff mixed up. not that that's a bad thing just something that happens, I am pretty sure they played BBH on 9'02... 9/04... and 9/19- and those are the only times that song has been on a cerculated recording.

BBH was part of the HMMT medley on the 19th other then that it was a oncore.

Well we've listened to all 3 of those shows... and nothing sounded familiar. It's not likely to be the 19th since it was just released a few years ago. It's not the 4th because he has that boot and listens to it... and i just played him the 2nd and that wasn't it. He's just told me that it WAS in fact a double LP. Does a double LP with a plain white cover sound familiar to anyone? It's possible he had found something extremely rare... but unfortunately it was lost years ago.

Allot of the BBH album releases came on pure white album covers and they were 2 album sets.

this couldn't be a rare recording because in order for it to be on a record a few hounderd had to be made. so that rules out that one.

I can e-mail you a link to a site that has every record ever put out by the band and maybe you and your friend could find it there.

another thing...I think there was only a couple boots from 70 that were released on vinyl that was BBH and MUdslide both has sources with white covers. I dont think Oakland was released on vinyl.

it has to be BBH..

Well then he is either mistaken on this boot having been on vinyl, or he has the setlist/songs wrong.

The March 27th, 1970 show was never put out on vinyl. And, in any case, the band didn't play Honey Bee, Roll Em, or Blueberry Hill at that show.

What's more is that there are only three known live performances of "Blueberry Hill". First in Oakland on 9/2/70, the LA show 9/4/70 and the evening New York show on 9/19/70. The Oakland and New York shows have also never been released on a vinyl boot. However, the New York show is the only one to have featured "How Many More Times". But, again, it wouldn't be that show that your friend is thinking of, since it only just circulated in the last few years.

So, again, based on the songs you listed (save for HMMT), and the fact that it featured "Blueberry Hill", there is no other show that it could be except for LA. Keep in mind that the original TMoQ vinyl of "Live on Blueberry Hill" featured many of the songs out of order.

Sorry cookie I sorta repeated some of the things you said.....my bad :(

and also BBH didn't have an itro just quite and the Plant I've found my thrill. so that could have easily been spliced into a pause durring a medley...I bet it's one of the many BBH lp's out there....

Archived