Led Zeppelin Singles

I know Led Zeppelin was an album band by far, but they did release a good few singles. The B-Sides on these were just as popular as the A-sides.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what songs were released as singles and how they performed as singles.

I know Led Zeppelin was an album band by far, but they did release a good few singles. The B-Sides on these were just as popular as the A-sides.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what songs were released as singles and how they performed as singles.

ok, this is my field

if you want to know "something" about led zeppelin singles, go and take a look at my led zeppelin discography: you won't be disappointed ...

The only b-side never released on album is "hey hey what can I do"

enjoy!

ok, this is my field

if you want to know "something" about led zeppelin singles, go and take a look at my led zeppelin discography: you won't be disappointed ...

The only b-side never released on album is "hey hey what can I do"

enjoy!

that's really extensive. impressive.

that's way more than i thought, but i guess they didn't market the singles as much. Lots of promos, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that Dyer Maker would have been a single. If you had to pick one song they ever did that was beaten to death on top 40 radio, that is the one. It is short and very effective. Great song. Many of the die hard Zepp fans I\'m sure will criticize it, but it was the top 40 Zepp song of all time in my book. Stairway was so good that they did play it on top 40, but the length of the song probably drove the stations nuts. Most Zeppelin songs are pretty long, thus keeping them from top 40. And the fact that much of the material is heavy. You either love it like me, or are into other shit like boring ass country.

that's really extensive. impressive.

that's way more than i thought, but i guess they didn't market the singles as much. Lots of promos, though.

Led Zeppelin started what is considered the "album" era, considering an entire album more representative of the music / band instead of a single album.

That's why they refused to (officially) release singles: but that's quite true for UK only.

In many other countries they released interesting singles (considering the sleeve first).

There are many promos, of course as for all the top artists, because they used to promote their music to radio stations (first) and to journalists (... second) but for the market there was the album first.

Anyway, I think we can say: ten albums and ten singles, these are the original official releases from led zeppelin. :D

The rest is, more or less, a replica ... :(

Archived