San Diego, March 14, 1975

chef free

I just heard a soundboard versing of this show last night and I am blown away by JPJ! His playing during IMToD is unbeleiveable, he paces Page NOTE FOR NOTE sliding his bass with out a slide, Just Fantastic!!! Is it just me (or all that vodka)? Maybe this is just a very good recording so I can finally hear Jonesy? Anyway this is a show to have!!! Check it out!

I just heard a soundboard versing of this show last night and I am blown away by JPJ! His playing during IMToD is unbeleiveable, he paces Page NOTE FOR NOTE sliding his bass with out a slide, Just Fantastic!!! Is it just me (or all that vodka)? Maybe this is just a very good recording so I can finally hear Jonesy? Anyway this is a show to have!!! Check it out!

There was a show in 75 where JPJ plays the bowing part on the bass because Page is having trouble with his broken fingers. Is this it?? I've never heard that and always wanted to.

San Diego and Vancouver (3-19) Soundboards have louder bass then most the others from 75 so you can really hear JPJ's amazing bass playing. I tend to think this leads to them being less popular then say 2-12 Flying Circus as the guitar is by far loudest in that (as most listeners would prefer).

I like 3-5 Dallas (Days Confused) the most as I think it has the best overall sound balance of all instruments.

As for the Vodka being a factor, definitely. I have trouble listening to some of these bootlegs without being in some sort of an altered state of mind as I have before and they were so amazing. I rate each one and I noticed i rated ones much higher when I was <-----

• 3 weeks later...

Last night D and I listened to this show start to finish, I didn't even go to the restroom or get another drink during Moby Dick. It is the best sounding Zep bootleg I've ever heard (OK, I only have two dozen or so). Killer half-hour No Quarter with some jams I never heard, trancendant half-hour Dazed with Page just nailing the jam out of the middle part better than the studio version. We were so blown away and we were wondering why there's not so much "buzz" about this newly available, perfect sounding show. D asked "Why the fuss over Southhampton and not much over this? It's a much hotter show and it sounds way better" I tried to say something about Southhampton being an unknown show but he wasn't having any of that. So anyways if you never heard this one, get it soon; its "destined to become a classic".

San Diego and Vancouver (3-19) Soundboards have louder bass then most the others from 75 so you can really hear JPJ's amazing bass playing. I tend to think this leads to them being less popular then say 2-12 Flying Circus as the guitar is by far loudest in that (as most listeners would prefer).

I like 3-5 Dallas (Days Confused) the most as I think it has the best overall sound balance of all instruments.

As for the Vodka being a factor, definitely. I have trouble listening to some of these bootlegs without being in some sort of an altered state of mind as I have before and they were so amazing. I rate each one and I noticed i rated ones much higher when I was <-----

Personally, I find Flying Circus to be overrated. Its ok sounding but it is so dry and sterile sounding...but thats just my opinion

Archived