Bron Yr Aur

Sam Gamgee

I've just come back from my annual visit to Wild Wales, where Mrs. Gamgee and I have been going since too long ago to remember.

I'd been able to rip onto a cd the soundtrack from a DVD given me of the last Earl's Court show and listening to Robert's rapping during the acoustic set about how the area had inspired them really hit home whilst actually driving through the real life locations.

You can really feel it, in the shadow of the door where there were angels all around and Strider walked down the country lanes with his master.

Robert , I'm assured, still has a house in the vicinity.

No wonder.

The Cross Foxes Inn, a mere stones throw from Bron YR Aur, is still deserted and up for sale. An investment oportunity for some of you rich Zeppelinophiles out there.

Mrs. Gamgee offers to run it for no wages, on condition she can do the decor.

She has big idea about Celtic Art meshing with tastefully rendered versions of the Four Symbols.

She'll calm down soon, no doubt, but not until the annual tristesse at leaving the oak trees settles.

A magic place, and one you should all try to visit at least once in your Zeppelin obsession.

Would love to Master Samwise! Always been a dream! Tell Rosie Cotton-Gamgee to keep a pint glass at the ready for ol' Evster at the Inn!

Cheers! :beer:

BTW, how's the ol' Gaffer doin? Still working those Shire gardens? ;)

Oh the sweet irony.

I just got done watching 'Return Of The King' and stumbled upon this thread. Nice job kicking Gollum's ass Sam. Say, how hot was it inside of Mount Doom anyhow? :D

Tell the missus I like the idea of Celtic Art. I'm a descendant of Celtic heritage myself.

Evening gents.

Evster- the pint awaits, but sadly the Gaffer hung up his wheelbarrow long since.

Chef- pipe weed certanly makes Wild Wales even wilder. Not strictly legal here though, we don't have a Gubernator you know. Just don't go telling any women from Wales they have long bottoms, far less fat fannies. You say tomato etc etc etc.

Dragon- I'll not encourage Mrs G any more than necessary, I think. She'd have us giving up our (relatively) comfortable lifestyle to run away to the oak trees in a trice. I like it, for my vacations, but I couldn't live there, pipe weed or no pipe weed. Nice to see you have the DNA, that'll be why you like mandolins so much, it's in the blood!

Regards from the Celtic Twilight and I hope you'll all be voting for Barack when the time comes. We all like him over here, despite John McCain being a typical, crabby old Scotsman under that 'elitist' exterior.

The Cross Foxes Inn, a mere stones throw from Bron YR Aur, is still deserted and up for sale. An investment oportunity for some of you rich Zeppelinophiles out there.

Mrs. Gamgee offers to run it for no wages, on condition she can do the decor.

She has big idea about Celtic Art meshing with tastefully rendered versions of the Four Symbols.

Hi Sam! I was doing a thread-surf and came across yours. It's amazing the house is still there AND for sale. If it were in the States, some wanker would have bought it, torn it down, and built a 16 story condo right there on the hallowed ground.

I have wonder why Jimmy isn't buying up historic properties related to Zeppelin? Or Robert. Or John Paul. Not that they'll use Bron YrAur but in my opinion, it should be given the respect equivalent to a cathedral. (I was gonna say Stonehenge, but... ever see Spinal Tap? I shant go on with this comparison any further!)

Any pics to share?

Take care,

Zept

:D

Archived