Cry Baby Wah Wah Pedal GCB95

Charles_Obscure

Definately.... built like a brick and works like a charm

i picked mine up and havent regretted it for a second, worth every cent

edit: If you've got the money you could go for an effects board with built in wah, but for the wah on it's own you can't beat it. In my opinion anyway

No it's not.

Idk how much in USD that is but I wouldn't pay more than $40 for a Crybaby wah. Those things are the worst tone suckers out there and don't sound that great.

I'd rather save up the extra $100 for a Fulltone Clyde.

Mr. Obscure,

The obvious thing to do is get yourself down to the store and play throught the thing. If it does what you want it to do, and it's worth $100 to you for that sound, then buy it; if not, walk away.

This should be your policy for all sound equipment you are ever considering buying.

RB

But all I want is a good, classic rock sound wah wah.

If you want classic sound, use classic gear. I have a Cry Baby, and although it is very well built to withstand hard use, I do call into question the reliability of the electrical components, although this is directly related to the pot (easy fix).

One important thing to bear in mind is the amount of overdrive you use with these things. The effect is diminished as you dial in more of the stuff. The cleaner the sound, the greater the overall range between bass and treble.

RB

Archived