How often are new boots released?

pinky

I'm just wondering how often new boots surface because there are ALOT of things that seem like there out there but haven't been officialy unofficialy released such as a better quality 6/28/70 Bath Festival, or a video to accompany the soundboard to Houston 5/21/77, or even (if no official release) a leak of the pro-shot footage of the o2, and as I've said before there is a special place reserved in my heart for "local" Led Zeppelin shows and I notice there are a painful amount of Massachusetts and even Rhode Island shows that are not available. So just wondering how long would an estimate be of a new discovery, and on a somewhat seperate note what was the last boot that was released?

PS: I don't think this is against site rules, is it?

400th post YAY!!

I'm just wondering how often new boots surface because there are ALOT of things that seem like there out there but haven't been officialy unofficialy released such as a better quality 6/28/70 Bath Festival, or a video to accompany the soundboard to Houston 5/21/77, or even (if no official release) a leak of the pro-shot footage of the o2, and as I've said before there is a special place reserved in my heart for "local" Led Zeppelin shows and I notice there are a painful amount of Massachusetts and even Rhode Island shows that are not available. So just wondering how long would an estimate be of a new discovery, and on a somewhat seperate note what was the last boot that was released?

PS: I don't think this is against site rules, is it?

I bet it's somewhere between 6-10 different boots a year. If you count the new remasters of shows it may be about 20. But most of the remasters don't really sound any different to me.

Geez man.

Each time LZ played in Rhode Island there's been recorded documentation. July '69 Newport and July '73 Providence. And there are plenty of Boston shows out too. That's the only Massachusetts city they played.

Seems the last new show to come out was the January 22, 1975 Chicago show.

Actually none of that is true, besides the last released boot, Led Zeppelin played in Massachusetts:

1/23/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - A full recording of this concert is available

1/24/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

1/25/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

1/26/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - first 1:30 were recorded of this legendary 4:30 show.

1/27/69 - Symphony Hall, Springfield - Not Boston

5/27/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - A full recording of this concert is available.

5/28/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

5/29/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

8/21/69 - Carousel Theatre, Framingham - Also not Boston.

10/25/69 - Boston Garden, Boston

4/1/70 - Boston Garden, Boston

9/9/70 - Boston Garden, Boston - A full recording is available.

9/6/71 - Boston Garden, Boston - A full recording is available.

6/8/72 - Boston Garden, Boston

7/20/73 - Boston Barden, Boston - A full recording is available.

Well that was the last Led Zeppelin show in Mass. and I also found info on a boot from 5/19/69 at the Boston Tea Party but I have found no further proof of this show. So out of 15 shows there are 5 full recordings and 1 long but very incomplete one. All of these are audience recordings.

As for Rhode Island:

7/6/69 - Newport Jazz Festival, Newport - A full recording is available.

10/31/69 - Gansett Tribal Rock Festival, Providence

7/21/73 - Civic Center, Providence - A full recording is available.

Not much but still a missing and dissapointing link. There are also other boots from Connecticut and New Hampshire that are missing.

Geez man.

Each time LZ played in Rhode Island there's been recorded documentation. July '69 Newport and July '73 Providence. And there are plenty of Boston shows out too. That's the only Massachusetts city they played.

Seems the last new show to come out was the January 22, 1975 Chicago show.

Actually none of that is true, besides the last released boot, Led Zeppelin played in Massachusetts:

1/23/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - A full recording of this concert is available

1/24/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

1/25/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

1/26/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - first 1:30 were recorded of this legendary 4:30 show.

1/27/69 - Symphony Hall, Springfield - Not Boston

5/27/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston - A full recording of this concert is available.

5/28/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

5/29/69 - Boston Tea Party, Boston

8/21/69 - Carousel Theatre, Framingham - Also not Boston.

10/25/69 - Boston Garden, Boston

4/1/70 - Boston Garden, Boston

9/9/70 - Boston Garden, Boston - A full recording is available.

9/6/71 - Boston Garden, Boston - A full recording is available.

6/8/72 - Boston Garden, Boston

7/20/73 - Boston Barden, Boston - A full recording is available.

Well that was the last Led Zeppelin show in Mass. and I also found info on a boot from 5/19/69 at the Boston Tea Party but I have found no further proof of this show. So out of 15 shows there are 5 full recordings and 1 long but very incomplete one. All of these are audience recordings.

As for Rhode Island:

7/6/69 - Newport Jazz Festival, Newport - A full recording is available.

10/31/69 - Gansett Tribal Rock Festival, Providence

7/21/73 - Civic Center, Providence - A full recording is available.

Not much but still a missing and dissapointing link, all are audience recordings too.

Yeah man, THey come out veyr offen the only thing is finding them all. Becuase they are boots all it takes is good footage and a burner so its really dependant on the people making them they could flood the market anytime... not to say it isnt already flooded.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email today that the Nassau Coliseum show of February 14, 1975 is about to be released as a SOUNDBOARD !

Another one from 1975, that's not seen the light of day. Dangit I wish a GREAT soundboard would come out from a 1970 show !!! Preferably the September 19th Madison Square Garden evening show !!!

Archived