Led Zeppelin Gives Alfred Exclusive Rights For Songs

caroselambra~

LOS ANGELES, CA — November 3, 2008

Led Zeppelin has named Alfred Publishing exclusive licensing agent for both its physical and digital print rights for their legendary catalog of songs. The territory defined in the deal is worldwide, excluding Europe.

Ron Manus, Alfred’s Executive Vice President, commented “The single most exciting day in my life was going to London to meet with the gods of rock, Led Zeppelin. To be in a room with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones was almost more then I could take, I couldn’t sleep for two days prior to the meeting, needless to say, I was freaking out!!! The best part of the meeting was to find out that Led Zeppelin shared our passion and vision for helping people experience the joy of making music. We are so honored here at Alfred to use our position and expertise as the world’s leading educational music publisher in concert with Led Zeppelin to help encourage more people to make music."

Arguably the most influential and innovative rock band ever, Led Zeppelin has sold over 300 million records worldwide. All of the bands studio albums have reached top-ten status on the Billboard charts, with six scoring the elite number-one spot. The band’s legendary catalog of songs includes “Stairway to Heaven,” “Heartbreaker,” “Whole Lotta Love,” “Black Dog,” “Rock and Roll,” “The Rain Song,” “Communication Breakdown,” “Immigrant Song,” “Tangerine,” “The Ocean,” and “Kashmir” – just to name a few. Forty years since they formed, Led Zeppelin continues to inspire successive generations with their passionate, groundbreaking, genre-transcendent, mystical, Celtic, heavy and blues-infused rock ‘n roll.

Press Release

Source: Alfred

Archived