Delaney Bramlett R.I.P.

Jahfin

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Delaney Bramlett, the singer-songwriter-producer who penned classic rock songs such as "Let it Rain" and worked with musicians George Harrison and Eric Clapton, died Saturday. He was 69.

Bramlett died shortly before 5 a.m. at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center in Los Angeles as a result of complications from gall-bladder surgery, his wife Susan Lanier-Bramlett said.

Born in Mississippi, Bramlett enjoyed a career in the music business that spanned 50 years.

He is perhaps best known for standards such as "Superstar," co-written with Leon Russell, which was recorded by Usher, Luther Vandross, Bette Midler, The Carpenters and most recently, Sonic Youth, in a version featured on the Grammy-nominated soundtrack of the movie "Juno."

He co-wrote "Let it Rain" with British guitarist Clapton, who also recorded it, and "Never Ending Song of Love," which was recorded by more than 100 artists including Ray Charles, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Patty Loveless and Dwight Yoakam.

:( I'm sorry to hear this.

So was I. Not that Delaney wasn't worthy of mention just for his solo career alone but I found it particularly odd that there was no mention of Bonnie Bramlett in his obituary at all. I'm not sure about everyone else here but Delaney & Bonnie is how I first heard of him.

So was I. Not that Delaney wasn't worthy of mention just for his solo career alone but I found it particularly odd that there was no mention of Bonnie Bramlett in his obituary at all. I'm not sure about everyone else here but Delaney & Bonnie is how I first heard of him.

Very surprising. That's more of how I know him.

Sad indeed. :(

Can't forget the Friends either!!

2m3g4g4.jpg

Sad, indeed.

I saw Delaney and Bonnie and Friends back in the day. They all signed my cast on the way backstage. I had just barely been given the ok to walk with crutches. A security guy got me a chair and put me right by the stage. First time ever a security person was NICE!

Moody Blues were the headliners.

Some of them signed my cast too. A fun night at the Terrace Ballroom. :)

R.I.P Delaney

I think Delaney's solo career was absolutely groundbreaking myself... sounds from home (please give it a listen if you haven't before through that link, click on 'sounds' and listen to even that clip..) is IMO one of the best albums ever, ever made....