THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the weekend is treating all of you well. I do not know if there has ever been a thread written on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP so I figured that I would write one. I also figured that it would not be appropriate to have a JOHNNY WINTER THREAD, written by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "Bong-Man," and not have a thread on his younger brother Edgar. If there has been a thread written on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP here on the Forum in the past, I deeply apologize and would like to add this thread as an attachment to the original EDGAR WINTER GROUP thread. If you don't mind, rather than write my own biography article on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP, I will quote EDGAR WINTER'S biography from his own personal official website. I hope that all of you enjoy reading it. AND AWAY WE GO!

By the time EDGAR WINTER left his hometown of Beaumont, Texas in the 1960's, he was already technically proficient in every aspect of music. A child prodigy who achieved international success early on. Edgar has found an audience in every major entertainment medium-music, film and television. A proliftic writer, Edgar's music encompasses many different genres, including Rock, Jazz, Blues and Pop. From his critically acclaimed 1970 debut release, ENTRANCE, he has demonstrated his unique style and ability to cross the genres lines and do the unexpected. His early recording of "Tobacco Road" is a powerful, emotionally devastating masterpiece that propelled him into the national spotlight. Edgar followed ENTRANCE with two hit albums backed by his group WHITE TRASH, a group originally comprised of musicians from Texas and Louisiana. WHITE TRASH enjoyed huge success, both with the 1971 release of the studio album, EDGAR WINTER'S WHITE TRASH and with 1972's follow-up live gold album ROADWORK.

In late 1972, Edgar brought together Dan Hartman, Ronnie Montrose and Chuck Ruff to form THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP, the legendary band that created such classic hits as the number one Rocker "Frankenstein" and the ever popular "Free Ride." Released in 1973, THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT peaked at the number 3 position on the Billboard Hot 200 and stayed on the charts for an impressive 80 weeks. It was certified gold in April 1973 and double platinum in November 1986.

(MY NOTE: I own the THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT album in the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC UHR CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL). Believe me when I tell you that you have not fully heard this album to its fullest potential until you have heard the MFSL version.)

Edgar would also invent the keyboard body strap early in his career, an innovation that allows him the freedom to move around on stage during his electrifying multi-instrument high-energy performances. He was also the first artist to feature a synthesizer as the main instrument in a song. The song "Frankenstein" revolutionized Rock n' roll and opened up a whole new world of possibilities with experimentation and sound.

After the THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT album, Edgar released the SHOCK TREATMENT album featuring guitarist Rick Derringer in place of the departed Ronnie Montrose. Later albums included the JASMINE NIGHTDREAMS album, THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP WITH RICK DERRINGER, A LIVE ALBUM, the TOGETHER LIVE WITH JOHNNY WINTER album, the RECYCLED album, A REUNION WITH WHITE TRASH album, the STANDING ON ROCK album, the MISSION EARTH album, the LIVE IN JAPAN album, the NOT A KID ANYMORE album, THE REAL DEAL album and the WINTER BLUES album.

With over 20 albums and numerous collaborative efforts to his credit, EDGAR WINTER has not been satisfied to ride the wave of popular music stardom. Major national television and radio campaigns have relied on Edgar's music to advertise their products. Edgar has also made frequent television appearances, both to promote his music and to give his opinions on everything from Politically Incorrect to a commercial with actor George Hamilton for Miller Lite beer. He has appeared in the film "NETHERWORLD" and the TV shows "THE CAPE," "MYSTERIOUS WAYS," "DAVID LETTERMAN" and "JIMMY KIMMEL."

Edgar's music can be heard in no fewer than fifteen film and television projects including "NETHERWORLD," "AIR AMERICA," "MY COUSIN VINNY," "ENCINO MAN," "SON-IN-LAW," "WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT," "WAYNE'S WORLD 2," "STARKID," "WAG THE DOG," "KNOCKABOUT GUYS," "DUETS," "RADIO," "THE SIMPSONS," "QUEER AS FOLK" and "TUPAC RESURRECTION." Edgar's hauntingly beautiful song, "Dying To live," is featured as "Runnin' (Dying To Live)" in the film "NOTORIOUS B.I.G.," "TUPAC" and "EDGAR WINTER" himself. "Runnin'" is on numerous Billboard charts. It peaked at number 5 on the Hot R & B/Hip Hop Singles chart and the soundtrack CD was number 1 for 8 consecutive weeks.

Edgar's CD and DVD entitled "LIVE AT THE GALAXY" was recorded live at the Galaxy Theatre for Classic Pictures in 2003. It features the songs "Keep Playing That Rock And Roll," "Turn On Your Love Light," "Free Ride," "Texas," "Show Your Love," "New Orleans," "Frankenstein" and "Tobacco Road." In addition, the DVD includes a 30 minute Documentary entitled "EDGAR WINTER: THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC."

Edgar Winter's live shows consistently receive rave reviews. His music is always evolving and he is a master at stretching his music skill and imagination in order to produce the amazing results that he is known for, that would blow his audiences and fans away. He continues to thrill audiences with his electrifying live performances to this very day, always remaining on the cutting edge of music and style. Edgar, without a doubt, is now at the very top of his game and his future looks even brighter than his glorious past.

Edgar and his wife Monique live in Beverly Hills, California with their little dog Mimi.

WHAT A BIOGRAPHY HUH? And as the saying goes, "AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY," need I say more? ROCK ON!

tremedous! didn't edgar also do a stint with nile rodgers in vegas as david lee roth's band? it is amazing how many great players went through his band. always held in high regard by other musicians, a consumate professional and performer, i've enjoyed him for years. i have reservations about the bio's claim on the synth pioneer biz. clever wording or no, one only has to look at the work stevie wonder did with TONTO beginning in 1970 to advance the synth cause (not to mention the synclavier!). also, 'who's next' was 1971, and a case could be made for 'main instrument on the track' if keith moon weren't also on it...

...but, when all is said and done, these are excellent recordings and edgar is a worthy mention.

ROCK ON!

I've had the good fortune to see the Edgar Winter Group a couple of times through the years. The first was at a bar in Goldsboro, NC called Roadies that hosted the likes of Mother's Finest, the Atlanta Rhythm Section, Gregg Allman, Blackfoot, Cheap Trick, Head East, Nantucket, Foghat, the Johnny Van Zant Band, Nantucket, Emmylou Harris and many, many others. The second time was back in the 90s at a small club called Rootie's in Emerald Isle, NC. That night Edgar had Carmine Appice in tow on drums. I brought a copy of They Only Come Out at Night (which I inherited from my sister) just in case the chance to meet Edgar presented itself. When it did, Carmine put a nice curly cue type mustache on Edgar. Both shows were very good but I can't say I was ever much on the updated rap version of Frankenstein.

Edited by Jahfin

I've had the good fortune to see the Edgar Winter Group a couple of times through the years. The first was at a bar in Goldsboro, NC called Roadies that hosted the likes of Mother's Finest, the Atlanta Rhythm Section, Gregg Allman, Blackfoot, Cheap Trick, Head East, Nantucket, Foghat, the Johnny Van Zant Band, Nantucket, Emmylou Harris and many, many others. The second time was back in the 90s at a small club called Rootie's in Emerald Isle, NC. That night Edgar had Carmine Appice in tow on drums. I brought a copy of They Only Come Out at Night (which I inherited from my sister) just in case the chance to meet Edgar presented itself. When it did, Carmine put a nice curly cue type mustache on Edgar. Both shows were very good but I can't say I was ever much on the updated rap version of Frankenstein.

:o Man I saw those guys way back when, can't remember who they opened for.

If I remember right, they had a black guy on lead guitar and he reminded me of Hendrix!

He could really tear it up!

tremedous! didn't edgar also do a stint with nile rodgers in vegas as david lee roth's band? it is amazing how many great players went through his band. always held in high regard by other musicians, a consumate professional and performer, i've enjoyed him for years. i have reservations about the bio's claim on the synth pioneer biz. clever wording or no, one only has to look at the work stevie wonder did with TONTO beginning in 1970 to advance the synth cause (not to mention the synclavier!). also, 'who's next' was 1971, and a case could be made for 'main instrument on the track' if keith moon weren't also on it...

...but, when all is said and done, these are excellent recordings and edgar is a worthy mention.

ROCK ON!

How's it going "beatbo?" Its getting closer to Monday, 12 January 2009 huh? You know, I remember reading something about Edgar performing in David Lee Roth's band. You are right, STEVIE WONDER and THE WHO also claimed bragging rights as to the beginnings of the synthesizer. I'm going to have to do some further digging into my research in this matter. Believe it or not, GARY WRIGHT made the first all out synthesizer album with THE DREAM WEAVER album in 1975. It looks like GARY WRIGHT and STEVIE WONDER would be worthy artists to write a thread about. Someone already beat me to writing a WHO THREAD. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going "Jahfin?" MAN, you are giving me many ideas for my next thread. HEAD EAST is definitely going to be one of them. ATLANTA RHYTHM SECTION is definitely going to be another since this band really truly knew how to Rock as their greatest hits compilation CD will definitely attest to that. Thanks for the many ideas. I agree with you "Jahfin," I never could get into the Rap version of "Frankenstein." "Frankenstein" is one of those classic songs better left alone. Why remake a Rap version of the song? I'll never understand how or why Edgar Winter went Rap. ROCK ON!

:o Man I saw those guys way back when, can't remember who they opened for.

If I remember right, they had a black guy on lead guitar and he reminded me of Hendrix!

He could really tear it up!

I first heard of Mother's Finest back in the 70s when they were being touted as "the black Led Zeppelin" however I didn't actually see them in concert until the 80s when they must have played Roadies dozens of times (I saw 'em most every time). Part of the Zeppelin thing is the uncanny resemblence their version of Smokey Robinson and the Miracles' Mickey's Monkey bears to Custard Pie. I have no problem saying they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They still tour to this day and recently played the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh. The lead singer, "Baby" Jean Kennedy is Chaka Khan's sister. Their original guitarist was a white fella named Moses Mo so I'm not sure who the guitarist was that you saw. That said, they have had many line up changes over the years. You can read more about them here.

Edited by Jahfin

He may not have been the lead but he played a solo and he was a black guy.

The drugs weren't that good :lol:

They opened for either Foghat or Jethro Tull it was 75 or 76 when I was still in high school. We were blown away by them. Had never heard of them before that.

We were lucky to see many unknown gems back then at $7-$8 a show. :D

He may not have been the lead but he played a solo and he was a black guy.

The drugs weren't that good :lol:

They opened for either Foghat or Jethro Tull it was 75 or 76 when I was still in high school. We were blown away by them. Had never heard of them before that.

We were lucky to see many unknown gems back then at $7-$8 a show. :D

How true "Dzldoc!" Those were the days in the 70's when concert tickets were so cheap. Thanks to THE ROLLING STONES, the highest grossing live act in history, the ticket prices got out of control. When I saw THE ROLLING STONES "A BIGGER BANG" Tour at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, 4 March 2006, I spent over $500.00 bucks per ticket. Despite spending over $1000.00 for two tickets, I sat in the fifth row in front of the stage on the floor. GREAT SEATS but it cost me over a thousand dollars to get there. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the weekend is treating all of you well. I do not know if there has ever been a thread written on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP so I figured that I would write one. I also figured that it would not be appropriate to have a JOHNNY WINTER THREAD, written by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "Bong-Man," and not have a thread on his younger brother Edgar. If there has been a thread written on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP here on the Forum in the past, I deeply apologize and would like to add this thread as an attachment to the original EDGAR WINTER GROUP thread. If you don't mind, rather than write my own biography article on THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP, I will quote EDGAR WINTER'S biography from his own personal official website. I hope that all of you enjoy reading it. AND AWAY WE GO!

By the time EDGAR WINTER left his hometown of Beaumont, Texas in the 1960's, he was already technically proficient in every aspect of music. A child prodigy who achieved international success early on. Edgar has found an audience in every major entertainment medium-music, film and television. A proliftic writer, Edgar's music encompasses many different genres, including Rock, Jazz, Blues and Pop. From his critically acclaimed 1970 debut release, ENTRANCE, he has demonstrated his unique style and ability to cross the genres lines and do the unexpected. His early recording of "Tobacco Road" is a powerful, emotionally devastating masterpiece that propelled him into the national spotlight. Edgar followed ENTRANCE with two hit albums backed by his group WHITE TRASH, a group originally comprised of musicians from Texas and Louisiana. WHITE TRASH enjoyed huge success, both with the 1971 release of the studio album, EDGAR WINTER'S WHITE TRASH and with 1972's follow-up live gold album ROADWORK.

In late 1972, Edgar brought together Dan Hartman, Ronnie Montrose and Chuck Ruff to form THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP, the legendary band that created such classic hits as the number one Rocker "Frankenstein" and the ever popular "Free Ride." Released in 1973, THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT peaked at the number 3 position on the Billboard Hot 200 and stayed on the charts for an impressive 80 weeks. It was certified gold in April 1973 and double platinum in November 1986.

(MY NOTE: I own the THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT album in the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC UHR CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL). Believe me when I tell you that you have not fully heard this album to its fullest potential until you have heard the MFSL version.)

Edgar would also invent the keyboard body strap early in his career, an innovation that allows him the freedom to move around on stage during his electrifying multi-instrument high-energy performances. He was also the first artist to feature a synthesizer as the main instrument in a song. The song "Frankenstein" revolutionized Rock n' roll and opened up a whole new world of possibilities with experimentation and sound.

After the THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT album, Edgar released the SHOCK TREATMENT album featuring guitarist Rick Derringer in place of the departed Ronnie Montrose. Later albums included the JASMINE NIGHTDREAMS album, THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP WITH RICK DERRINGER, A LIVE ALBUM, the TOGETHER LIVE WITH JOHNNY WINTER album, the RECYCLED album, A REUNION WITH WHITE TRASH album, the STANDING ON ROCK album, the MISSION EARTH album, the LIVE IN JAPAN album, the NOT A KID ANYMORE album, THE REAL DEAL album and the WINTER BLUES album.

With over 20 albums and numerous collaborative efforts to his credit, EDGAR WINTER has not been satisfied to ride the wave of popular music stardom. Major national television and radio campaigns have relied on Edgar's music to advertise their products. Edgar has also made frequent television appearances, both to promote his music and to give his opinions on everything from Politically Incorrect to a commercial with actor George Hamilton for Miller Lite beer. He has appeared in the film "NETHERWORLD" and the TV shows "THE CAPE," "MYSTERIOUS WAYS," "DAVID LETTERMAN" and "JIMMY KIMMEL."

Edgar's music can be heard in no fewer than fifteen film and television projects including "NETHERWORLD," "AIR AMERICA," "MY COUSIN VINNY," "ENCINO MAN," "SON-IN-LAW," "WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT," "WAYNE'S WORLD 2," "STARKID," "WAG THE DOG," "KNOCKABOUT GUYS," "DUETS," "RADIO," "THE SIMPSONS," "QUEER AS FOLK" and "TUPAC RESURRECTION." Edgar's hauntingly beautiful song, "Dying To live," is featured as "Runnin' (Dying To Live)" in the film "NOTORIOUS B.I.G.," "TUPAC" and "EDGAR WINTER" himself. "Runnin'" is on numerous Billboard charts. It peaked at number 5 on the Hot R & B/Hip Hop Singles chart and the soundtrack CD was number 1 for 8 consecutive weeks.

Edgar's CD and DVD entitled "LIVE AT THE GALAXY" was recorded live at the Galaxy Theatre for Classic Pictures in 2003. It features the songs "Keep Playing That Rock And Roll," "Turn On Your Love Light," "Free Ride," "Texas," "Show Your Love," "New Orleans," "Frankenstein" and "Tobacco Road." In addition, the DVD includes a 30 minute Documentary entitled "EDGAR WINTER: THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC."

Edgar Winter's live shows consistently receive rave reviews. His music is always evolving and he is a master at stretching his music skill and imagination in order to produce the amazing results that he is known for, that would blow his audiences and fans away. He continues to thrill audiences with his electrifying live performances to this very day, always remaining on the cutting edge of music and style. Edgar, without a doubt, is now at the very top of his game and his future looks even brighter than his glorious past.

Edgar and his wife Monique live in Beverly Hills, California with their little dog Mimi.

WHAT A BIOGRAPHY HUH? And as the saying goes, "AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY," need I say more? ROCK ON!

How's it going all? Have we forgotten about THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP? Has anyone other than ones that commented on this thread heard "Frankenstein" or "Free Ride?" If you haven't heard these two songs, please check them out. You will be blown away by both of these songs. ROCK ON!

Hey ZepFanForever! Thanks for the thread about Edgar Winter. :)

As I have posted in another thread, my first concert was The Edgar Winter Group with Rick Derringer at St. John's Arena on the Ohio State University Campus. It was the first time that I was ever at Ohio State. I loved the campus and decided then that it was where I wanted to go to college.

I went with my brother, who drove, and with a friend of his and with my friend. I was in high school, ninth grade, I think. I loved both Edgar and Johnny's music. We got lost driving to the concert as my brother had just got his driver's license.

The minute the lights were dimmed, everyone lit up. It was the first time that I had been exposed to the smell of pot. :D When it was offered to me by the guy sitting next to me, I politely declined, and then my friend and I had a good laugh because we were known as the Goody Goody Girls in high school, and we wouldn't even think of trying it then. :lol:

It was very hot as the arena was not air conditioned. There were beach balls and frisbees flying all around before the band came on stage. I can't remember who the opening band was. Edgar had his synthesizer strapped around his neck. Everyone went wild when they played "Frankenstein". If I remember correctly, "Free Ride" had just been released and they played it, too.

Rick Derringer also had a single out "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo", and they did play it to great applause. Rick Derringer is from Ft. Recovery, Ohio, which is near the Indiana border. He was in the McCoys, who are responsible for "Hang On Sloopy", a song which is played at every Ohio State sporting function, the "Official Song of Ohio State".

I will have to give "They Only Come Out At Night" a listen again as I haven't heard it in years!

As I have posted in another thread, my first concert was The Edgar Winter Group with Rick Derringer at St. John's Arena on the Ohio State University Campus. It was the first time that I was ever at Ohio State. I loved the campus and decided then that it was where I wanted to go to college.

I went with my brother, who drove, and with a friend of his and with my friend. I was in high school, ninth grade, I think. I loved both Edgar and Johnny's music. We got lost driving to the concert as my brother had just got his driver's license.

The minute the lights were dimmed, everyone lit up. It was the first time that I had been exposed to the smell of pot. :D When it was offered to me by the guy sitting next to me, I politely declined, and then my friend and I had a good laugh because we were known as the Goody Goody Girls in high school, and we wouldn't even think of trying it then. :lol:

It was very hot as the arena was not air conditioned. There were beach balls and frisbees flying all around before the band came on stage. I can't remember who the opening band was. Edgar had his synthesizer strapped around his neck. Everyone went wild when they played "Frankenstein". If I remember correctly, "Free Ride" had just been released and they played it, too.

Rick Derringer also had a single out "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo", and they did play it to great applause. Rick Derringer is from Ft. Recovery, Ohio, which is near the Indiana border. He was in the McCoys, who are responsible for "Hang On Sloopy", a song which is played at every Ohio State sporting function, the "Official Song of Ohio State".

I will have to give "They Only Come Out At Night" a listen again as I haven't heard it in years!

:D You didn't miss much. The education will last a life time ;)

The education was great, Dzldoc. :)

Here is a video of Ohio State Marching Band and Hang on Sloopy. Go Bucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGvNLgjVj4

Edgar Winter Group "Frankenstein "on Midnight Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spb4_ym5GdA

Edgar Winter Group "Free Ride"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQB83__ONuo...feature=related

Rick Derringer "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFQ0saPCsg...feature=related

You're very welcome "BUCK'EYE' DOC!" I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. And also thanks for the extra info on Rick Derringer, I really enjoyed reading your response. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

The education was great, Dzldoc. :)

Here is a video of Ohio State Marching Band and Hang on Sloopy. Go Bucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGvNLgjVj4

Edgar Winter Group "Frankenstein "on Midnight Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spb4_ym5GdA

Edgar Winter Group "Free Ride"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQB83__ONuo...feature=related

Rick Derringer "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFQ0saPCsg...feature=related

WOW, thanks for the extra info "BUCK'EYE DOC!" This is some great stuff. ROCK ON!

i saw most of the major acts of the 70's including the almighty zep, the stones, and the who, but somehow missed out on the edgar winter group. back in the 90's this local blues fest was happening and they advertised edgar winter as one of the nights top acts, so i told then g/f were going to this, if your not going, then im going. it was one of those byob type festivals which we did and sat on the lawn for some local and chicago blues. when edgar winter came out, i jumped up and said this i GOTTA see, and bailed on g/f and other couple we were with, to the front i go-----woo-who, it was great, but when he started playing frankenstien, holy shit batman it was unbeleivable. he used his cordless key-synth thingy and played sax at the same time. when it came time for the drum solo, edgar and his gutair player took the honors while the drummer stood there looking like wtf is this? the whole crowd was lol at this, it was truly amazing he is a one of a kind talent and so is his brother johnny.

i saw most of the major acts of the 70's including the almighty zep, the stones, and the who, but somehow missed out on the edgar winter group. back in the 90's this local blues fest was happening and they advertised edgar winter as one of the nights top acts, so i told then g/f were going to this, if your not going, then im going. it was one of those byob type festivals which we did and sat on the lawn for some local and chicago blues. when edgar winter came out, i jumped up and said this i GOTTA see, and bailed on g/f and other couple we were with, to the front i go-----woo-who, it was great, but when he started playing frankenstien, holy shit batman it was unbeleivable. he used his cordless key-synth thingy and played sax at the same time. when it came time for the drum solo, edgar and his gutair player took the honors while the drummer stood there looking like wtf is this? the whole crowd was lol at this, it was truly amazing he is a one of a kind talent and so is his brother johnny.

How's it going "zkman2002?" "Frankenstein" does kick ass huh? I love that song. ROCK ON!

How true "Dzldoc!" Those were the days in the 70's when concert tickets were so cheap. Thanks to THE ROLLING STONES, the highest grossing live act in history, the ticket prices got out of control.

Concert tickets didn't go sky high until the Eagles thought themselves worthy of $100 tickets when they reunited for the Hell Freezes Over tour. Their rationale was, this may be the last time you have a chance to see us so we're going to charge you an arm and a leg. Well, they stayed together but their ticket prices didn't go down (though in all fairness lawn seats for their shows were $50). Meanwhile others noticed they could do the same thing and started charging outrageous prices and they've stuck ever since. Apparently Henley got the idea from a Barbara Streisand "farewell" concert in Vegas where she was charging $100 a ticket that also came with some sort of fancy supper for part of her final send off.

Concert tickets didn't go sky high until the Eagles thought themselves worthy of $100 tickets when they reunited for the Hell Freezes Over tour. Their rationale was, this may be the last time you have a chance to see us so we're going to charge you an arm and a leg. Well, they stayed together but their ticket prices didn't go down (though in all fairness lawn seats for their shows were $50). Meanwhile others noticed they could do the same thing and started charging outrageous prices and they've stuck ever since. Apparently Henley got the idea from a Barbara Streisand "farewell" concert in Vegas where she was charging $100 a ticket that also came with some sort of fancy supper for part of her final send off.

How's it going 'Jahfin?" THE EAGLES also had their moments when they reunited for the "Hell Freezes Over Tour" in 1994. I know because I attended one of their shows at the Shoreline Amphitheater in California. Between them and THE STONES, the ticket prices just skyrocketed. I've been known to spend well over $500.00 for a single ROLLING STONES ticket. I spent well over $1000.00 for two ROLLING STONES' tickets but it was worth it to me. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Hey ZeppFanForever,did you know that you started this thread on Edgar Winter's birthday?(which was also my birthday)Pretty cool of you to do this.Always enjoy your posts,ZFF.You keep such an upbeat positive attitude going on.ROCK ON!

Hey ZeppFanForever,did you know that you started this thread on Edgar Winter's birthday?(which was also my birthday)Pretty cool of you to do this.Always enjoy your posts,ZFF.You keep such an upbeat positive attitude going on.ROCK ON!

How's it going "jabe?" I must confess, I forgot that it was Edgar Winter's Birthday and I didn't even realize it. WOW! Thanks for reminding me. Happy late Birthday to you "jabe." Thank you for your kind words, it feels great to get positive responses here on the Forum from fellow readers such as yourself. ROCK ON!

How's it going 'Jahfin?" THE EAGLES also had their moments when they reunited for the "Hell Freezes Over Tour" in 1994. I know because I attended one of their shows at the Shoreline Amphitheater in California. Between them and THE STONES, the ticket prices just skyrocketed. I've been known to spend well over $500.00 for a single ROLLING STONES ticket. I spent well over $1000.00 for two ROLLING STONES' tickets but it was worth it to me. ROCK ON!

During the same time period that the Eagles reunited for the big money grab (aka The Hell Freezes Over tour) Page and Plant also reunited for the Unledded tour. They could have also charged an outrageous amount of money for tickets but chose not to, mostly because of what they saw as ticket gouging on the part of the Eagles. I've never been much of an Eagles fan but that really rubbed me the wrong way. Then again, who knew they would eventually suck Walmart's dick, especially after being so vocal about corporate greed. In the end, it's always going to be folks like Page and Plant that get my money, not those in it just to make a buck off of their fans like the Eagles.

During the same time period that the Eagles reunited for the big money grab (aka The Hell Freezes Over tour) Page and Plant also reunited for the Unledded tour. They could have also charged an outrageous amount of money for tickets but chose not to, mostly because of what they saw as ticket gouging on the part of the Eagles. I've never been much of an Eagles fan but that really rubbed me the wrong way. Then again, who knew they would eventually suck Walmart's dick, especially after being so vocal about corporate greed. In the end, it's always going to be folks like Page and Plant that get my money, not those in it just to make a buck off of their fans like the Eagles.

i've built the stage for the eagles a couple of times and, except for joe walsh, they can all bite my weener...