Led Zep outtake question

danelectro

Okay so I'm not really a Zep newbie but I haven't kept up on the band for a long time, most of my hardcore fandom came long ago. I read a magazine article that said Zep recorded 12 songs during the sessions for Zep I, nine of which ended up on the album and I know of Baby Come On Home. What were the other two songs? I searched but I didn't find the answer so I decided to be lazy and ask.

We're Gonna Groove and Sugar Mama were recorded in June 1969, six months after the release of LZ1.

Baby Come on Home is one, and I don't know the other unless "Untitled Guitar and Organ Instrumentals" counts.

Was the "Untitled Guitar and Organ Instrumentals" part of the session that included Stevie Winwood ? I recall reading he played some with them on their earliest sessions.

BTW I read this in the new Guitar World. I can't remember exactly how they put it but it was something like "Zep came out of the sessions with 12 songs in the can and 9 made the album".

I could be mistaken but I seem to recall reading that they also recorded "Train Kept A Rollin'" for Zep I also.

Archived