Academy Award Nominations

The Pagemeister

I've always thought that the Golden Globes pick completely different people/movies than the Oscars. Usually, if you win a Golden Globe, you aren't even nominated for an Oscar i think

The Sags are more closely in line with the Oscars because almost the same people are voting.

Not quite. The SAGs are voted on by the Screen Actors Guild. The Oscars are voted on by the Motion Picture Academy. Those are two separate entities. While there can be overlap sometimes, for the most part there's not.

They were saying on tv there is. Both the SAGs and Oscars get voted on by peers. Maybe not always the exact same people but a lot closer than the Golden Globes.

Edited by spats

Hi Yukon,all,

You should go to see Clint Eastwood's new movie. There are actually Lion's fans still in existance. His grandson wears a Lions uniform. I wonder if they filmed it before last season? Someone told me that it was turned down for being nominated? I still think it came out too late to be considered as it is still at the theatre? But I dont know officially. I always wonder if it will be Clint's last movie? If he intended for it to be his last? As he has been directing more than acting recently. And I do wonder about his health?

He has stated that GT will be the last film he will act in.Directing is another story.

KB

Hi ninelives. Its sad to think about it being his last. As I said in my above post, he should do one last Dirty Harry film. An old Dirty Harry.

Hi YC - it is sad to think about but you never know. Maybe right now he wants to concentrate on directing and other things. Perhaps if the right movie came along, he'd consider it.