American Idol

Virginia

What do you all think of Siobhan? She's been compared to Adam Lambert. I'm not that crazy about the theatrical singing style personally, but she does have a very powerful voice.

Edited by Virginia

What do you all think of Siobhan? She's been compared to Adam Lambert. I'm not that crazy about the theatrical singing style personally, but she does have a very powerful voice.

Yep, she can hit that high note for sure. She should be in the top 3 unless the teeny bopper voters screw things up. <_<

Yep, she can hit that high note for sure. She should be in the top 3 unless the teeny bopper voters screw things up. <_<

The reggae yet boppy Under My Thumb was horrible!! :o

Edited by Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I don't watch it. I used to watch it up until Hicks won it.

After that, I just lost interest. I mean they can sing, but they sing songs that I dont like.

And usually who ever wins, ends up being some country star or some pop diva..

I used to watch it up until Hicks won it.

And usually who ever wins, ends up being some country star or some pop diva..

Haha, hicks fuck everything up usually.

Thats what that show is for, is to make someone somewhere a buncha money. They want people with looks that they can sell, no musical talent.

Crystal is the best in my opinion, but she probably won't win because she doesn't quite fit the trendy mould.

:mellow:

I agree she doesn't fit the mold (man, can she sing! My husband and I are ready to buy concert tickets!). Everyone I know who watches loves her; although she may be better off not winning (similar to Daughtry).

I am really happy to see how bluesy Idol is this season in general :)

I agree she doesn't fit the mold (man, can she sing! My husband and I are ready to buy concert tickets!). Everyone I know who watches loves her; although she may be better off not winning (similar to Daughtry).

I am really happy to see how bluesy Idol is this season in general :)

And I heard she was ready to quit the show. :huh:

I think she'll end up like Daughtry (VERY successful)

B)

Everytime I think Crystal can't get better she does.

If I was 30 years younger I'd ask her to marry me. :D

That was such a great version of 'People Get Ready'. The other version I've always liked was by Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck. Seeing Beck last night was cool. He is the master on guitar. I also loved the Stairway To Heaven version and the blonde guitarist was great.

I'm sure that Plant and the boys were pleased. :)B)

I love Lee too. Also the blondie guy that plays a pretty mean guitar. Big Mike is untouchable in his style of singing but I agree, Crystal is in a league of her own! The very first time I heard her I picked her as my fave and she has yet to disappoint. As 'poppy' as Idol is I've always enjoyed watching and I think this year they have a super star on their hands!

Has anyone seen any of her original songs on YouTube? The are awesome!!

:hippy:

i don't know who said she compares to adam, but i don't think so at all. she can SCREAM, that's about all, she can't hit those notes nicely when she SCREAMS either.

i think Krystal compares way more to adam than siobahn, or however u spell her name.

but to compare sibhan's SCREAMING to adam's CONTROLLED high notes is way wrong, she's not that good either.

my 0.02

i don't know who said she compares to adam, but i don't think so at all. she can SCREAM, that's about all, she can't hit those notes nicely when she SCREAMS either.

i think Krystal compares way more to adam than siobahn, or however u spell her name.

but to compare sibhan's SCREAMING to adam's CONTROLLED high notes is way wrong, she's not that good either.

my 0.02

:) I think the show was comparing them; maybe it's the combination of how theatrical they are, and the high notes/vibratto. The longer Siobhan stays, the less I like her. IMO, she sounds increasingly like a cross between Adam Lambert (high notes) and Jewel (low notes) which is a weird combination, plus she makes some strange song choices. :blink:

No offense at all, but I am just allergic to Adam's voice :( I wish I liked it, but I don't; and I think I'm going that route with Siobhan too.

I don't see/hear any Crystal/Adam similarity at all, but then again that's what makes this interesting; everyone's mileage varies. :)

Christal seems more like poor womans Jewel. Not quite as talented but will be in the same type of music.

The Crystal ship is being filled

A thousand girls, a thousand thrills

A million ways to spend your time

When we get back, I'll drop a line

B)

• 2 weeks later...