200 Gram Re-issued Vinyl

zephead

I would like to add the 200 gram re-issue Led Zeppelin vinyl records to my collection, but they are out of my price range. Does anyone know how many copies were pressed? I see the LP's for sale on ebay, and when they don't sell, they get relisted for the same price. Why doesn't the price go down?

Why doesn't the price go down?

The prices are perhaps ridiculous but I reckon they reflect the demand. As far as I know, Classic Records - who manufactured these superior pressings - only had a limited license to press the Zep catalogue. Once it ran out, that was it. I'm happy to be wrong about this, mind. Limited run; hence the high value placed.

And without wishing to rub it in, Zephead, I gotta say that they do sound better compared to any other pressing - original or otherwise - that I've ever heard. Zep III and Presence are particularly good compared to what you may have heard before. You hear colours and tones that are lacking in other pressings and certainly CD versions.

Keep an eye out for non-eBay sellers - suggest do a long, laborious search and find a lesser-known seller who may have cheaper prices.

If you think the Classic Vinyl re-issues sound good, you should hear the 45 rpm collection Classic Records put out,

which is ASTOUNDING! I knew someone who worked at Classic, so I was able to get my hands on one of these

monster sets(weighing a whopping 48 POUNDS!)...good luck finding one now.

Way better than any previous vinyl or cd issue...with the exception of Led Zeppelin II; my original 1969 "RL" vinyl

copy of LZ II still sounds the best.

From ebay, I scored a copy of CODA 200 gram for $35.00 (opened) and Presence 200 gram for $45.00 (opened). I'll take it. The pictures looked good. I'll clean the vinyl with 91% isopropyl and all will be good.

• 3 weeks later...

From ebay, I scored a copy of CODA 200 gram for $35.00 (opened) and Presence 200 gram for $45.00 (opened). I'll take it. The pictures looked good. I'll clean the vinyl with 91% isopropyl and all will be good.

Vinyl was in good shape but the album covers has dents and creases. The sealed copies are too expensive. I'm getting Mothership on vinyl and when I win the lottery I'll buy the 200 gram sealed.

If you think the Classic Vinyl re-issues sound good, you should hear the 45 rpm collection Classic Records put out,

which is ASTOUNDING! I knew someone who worked at Classic, so I was able to get my hands on one of these

monster sets(weighing a whopping 48 POUNDS!)...good luck finding one now.

Way better than any previous vinyl or cd issue...with the exception of Led Zeppelin II; my original 1969 "RL" vinyl

copy of LZ II still sounds the best.

Those kinds of things are specifically mentioned in some people's Wills, I suspect, as the heirs will likely fight over who gets Dad's mint copy of the RL LZ II. :yesnod:

Of course, you could always offer the "King Solomon" Solution . . . :D

I would like to add the 200 gram re-issue Led Zeppelin vinyl records to my collection, but they are out of my price range. Does anyone know how many copies were pressed? I see the LP's for sale on ebay, and when they don't sell, they get relisted for the same price. Why doesn't the price go down?

i was lucky and got them all (apart from the BBC Sessions) just before prices got mental. the 45rpms would be lush but until i win the lottery i am perfectly happy with what i have got.

i have found a listing somewhere of all Classic Records Dealers and just bulk e-mailed them. Got most of them dirt cheap still wrapped...Happy Hunting, it's worth it.

Andy

• 3 years later...

What would be the approximate value range of a complete set (all 11 releases) still sealed and mint except for In Through The Out Door, which isn't sealed (was shipped to me that way) but is mint in all aspects and complete and has not been played, of the 200 gram Classic Records 331/3 RPM set? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

What would be the approximate value range of a complete set (all 11 releases) still sealed and mint except for In Through The Out Door, which isn't sealed (was shipped to me that way) but is mint in all aspects and complete and has not been played, of the 200 gram Classic Records 331/3 RPM set? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q=zeppelin+200+gram&so=p

I do have all the 200 grammers released by Classic Records and the 45 rpm box (which is ridiculously overprized vs the actual sound...). A few years back I took the time to really LISTEN and compare them to the UK originals and up until the new reissues I would choose the 200 gram versions any day apart from the LZ II. The US 'RL' copy is much heavier, not per audiophile standard, but for cheer joy, slightly more ambience and ofcourse DEPTH. It does hiss more but feels more natural and authentic. I have the new reissues but haven't had the time to spin them more than a handful times but so far they do sound terrific, possible even better. .

Archived