Roy Harper UK Shows, October 2013

Cookie0024

Anybody going to these dates? They're to promote his new album (his first in 13 years I think). He's also playing the Royal Festival Hall, where Jimmy Page joined him on stage for Same Old Rock in 2011.

post-20091-0-52430600-1368181759_thumb.j

Cookie,

If Jimmy is in Britain on 22/10, there's a fair chance he'll be there watching, if not making a guest appearance. No disrespect to Roy, but I think that's what a lot of people hope for when they attend one of Roy's London gigs.

Anybody going to these dates? They're to promote his new album (his first in 13 years I think). He's also playing the Royal Festival Hall, where Jimmy Page joined him on stage for Same Old Rock in 2011.

Cookie,

If Jimmy is in Britain on 22/10, there's a fair chance he'll be there watching, if not making a guest appearance. No disrespect to Roy, but I think that's what a lot of people hope for when they attend one of Roy's London gigs.

That was certainly part of the reason for me getting tickets for the London show, but I'm sure it'll be a great performance whether or not Jimmy graces us with his presence :)

Enjoy the shows, Cookie and CP! Glad you get to see one of the most underrated musicians of the past 50 years once again!

Has he ever performed "Have A Cigar" live, does anyone know? I bet he would put an interesting spin on it, musically speaking. I'm glad he sang it and not Waters. I have read where Roger questions why he didn't sing it himself. Harper bought a fresh vibe to the song IMO. Enjoy!

:peace:

Enjoy the shows, Cookie and CP! Glad you get to see one of the most underrated musicians of the past 50 years once again!

Has he ever performed "Have A Cigar" live, does anyone know? I bet he would put an interesting spin on it, musically speaking. I'm glad he sang it and not Waters. I have read where Roger questions why he didn't sing it himself. Harper bought a fresh vibe to the song IMO. Enjoy!

:peace:

Roy Harper joined them on stage at Knebworth '75 to play it, the only time he performed it live.

Archived