Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul carruthers

2017 Major League Baseball thread....

34 posts in this topic

"Why Rangers signing Mike Napoli likely moves Shin-Soo Choo into more DH at-bats"

Pretty good read:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2017/02/16/rangers-signing-mike-napoli-likely-moves-shin-soo-choo-dh-bats

However the bigger  story down here is will the Rangers ownership put up the money for Darvish or move him. ...IMHO he's worth every penny.  The city of Arlington voted in November to build them a new stadium.  Ownership better make Darvish an offer that will persuade him to stay. ...when that guy is on his game, it's surreal to watch. That ball moves all over, it's like watching bugs bunny!

On 2/21/2017 at 7:59 PM, Walter said:

Hey you picked up some southpaw from the Yanks today....for cash or future prospect. ;) 

You were no addressing me were you?  We got someone from the Mets, not Yankees to my knowledge.  Likely headed to Norfolk or Bowie?  Maybe Esther knows?  I am so mad that they did not keep Wieters.  Not because my only jersey is of Matt Wieters, to add insult to injury, but because the guy is just plain great and I do not know what Duquette is doing?  i know this Castillo is supposed to be good and his numbers are good, but I do not know if he can throw out runners like Matt.  We do not play Washington.  But if Kingzoso reads this, we do host his Cardinals for 3 games and the Cubs for 3.  I am hoping we address getting another good outfielder as Adam Jones has called out the GM on.  Our bullpen is top two IMO along with the Dodgers.  Its is going to have to be.  I am expecting guys like Gausman and Wilson to really improve this year.  But one more god arm and an outfielder would be nice.  Other than that, at least we signed Trumbo.  And we have our big boys all back.  So the baseball writer from CBS says he is not making the mistake of underestimating Baltimore again.  He is projecting that we go over our 84 projected wins that Vegas has put on us.  Toronto is in the same territory, the Yankees a couple below and Boston a few above.  No doubt Boston and Cleveland are the pre season favorites.  Tough to argue with their starting rotation.  I believe we can get at least a Wild Card. WE certainly should given our level of talent.

Rick, we do play Washington.  Twice.  Once in each stadium. 

Posted (edited)

On 2/26/2017 at 2:21 PM, ebk said:

Rick, we do play Washington.  Twice.  Once in each stadium. 

Thanks.  I did not see that. And I am surprised because we play the NL Central this year  Typically you play one division in inteleague play?  Strange that we play them.  I guess I can burn my Wieters jersey.  Sucks big time.

If you see this EBK, so it seems we must have much faith in Gausman which I do, Bundy which I am hopeful, and the rest?  The Bullpen is rock solid. In fact I will go as far to say its top two with the Dodgers.  We do not have the scary big name starters that Boston has.  Gausman and Bundy are better than most know.  Wilson could be a sleeper in this lineup.  Tillman is a stud also as we know.  So we have at least 3 good arms to start.  Miley, is a 4 -5 inning guy that you just have to cross your fingers with and then give it to the pen.  Jiminez is still here?  WHY?  He killed us in the playoff game.  He may as well have tossed the ball in underhand vs Toronto.  And losing to Bautista is more of an insult than I can tolerate.  I believe we will get in.  Many do not believe in us but with 5 gold gloves, the best power in the game and the great pen, we can be in this thing to the finish.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks.  I did not see that. And I am surprised because we play the NL Central this year  Typically you play one division in inteleague play?  Strange that we play them.  I guess I can burn my Wieters jersey.  Sucks big time.

If you see this EBK, so it seems we must have much faith in Gausman which I do, Bundy which I am hopeful, and the rest?  The Bullpen is rock solid. In fact I will go as far to say its top two with the Dodgers.  We do not have the scary big name starters that Boston has.  Gausman and Bundy are better than most know.  Wilson could be a sleeper in this lineup.  Tillman is a stud also as we know.  So we have at least 3 good arms to start.  Miley, is a 4 -5 inning guy that you just have to cross your fingers with and then give it to the pen.  Jiminez is still here?  WHY?  He killed us in the playoff game.  He may as well have tossed the ball in underhand vs Toronto.  And losing to Bautista is more of an insult than I can tolerate.  I believe we will get in.  Many do not believe in us but with 5 gold gloves, the best power in the game and the great pen, we can be in this thing to the finish.

We play the Nats each year because "rivalry"  or something stupid like that.  We play the Central, but every team plays the team in their area from the other league each year.  So ... there you go.

You know me, Rick.  I have no confidence in the team.  So I'm pleasantly surprised when we do well, and not devastated when we stink.  Which I'm sure we will do this year - stink.

38 minutes ago, ebk said:

We play the Nats each year because "rivalry"  or something stupid like that.  We play the Central, but every team plays the team in their area from the other league each year.  So ... there you go.

You know me, Rick.  I have no confidence in the team.  So I'm pleasantly surprised when we do well, and not devastated when we stink.  Which I'm sure we will do this year - stink.

I do not know how you can say that Esther.  Honestly.  The baseball writer at CBS says he will not make the mistake of underestimating the Orioles this year.  They are projected in Vegas to win 84 and the sportswriter says they will win more.   If you win 90 you have a huge shot at the playoffs.  And I say we have the bats, the bullpen, the gloves to do it.   Have a little faith Esther.

Posted (edited)

If only the Mets starting rotation can stay healthy this year--talk about a team to watch out for...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by paul carruthers

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not know how you can say that Esther.  Honestly.  The baseball writer at CBS says he will not make the mistake of underestimating the Orioles this year.  They are projected in Vegas to win 84 and the sportswriter says they will win more.   If you win 90 you have a huge shot at the playoffs.  And I say we have the bats, the bullpen, the gloves to do it.   Have a little faith Esther.

I will wish you, Rick and the Baltimore Orioles "Good Luck" this year.  Actually Good Luck to all Major League Baseball Teams. 

Obviously, as a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, I have high expectations for them every year.  The Cardinals really never seem to disappoint their fans, although last year they failed to make the Post-Season (by one game) for the first time since 2010.  Not a bad run if you ask me. 

Edited by kingzoso
edited to add: I do see that Saint Louis plays three games in Baltimore during the later part of the season. Those three games may be an important series if these two teams are in the Playoff hunt.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I will wish you, Rick and the Baltimore Orioles "Good Luck" this year.  Actually Good Luck to all Major League Baseball Teams. 

Obviously, as a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, I have high expectations for them every year.  The Cardinals really never seem to disappoint their fans, although last year they failed to make the Post-Season (by one game) for the first time since 2010.  Not a bad run if you ask me. 

Well I have not heard from you in some while King.  I seriously doubt that your Cardinals can beat out the Cubs for the division and also my Orioles will have a tough time beating out the Red Sox for first place due to the starting rotation only.  But I do believe a Wild card is very possible for both of our teams.  

Oh, by the way, your Cardinals will play in Baltimore for 3 days.  I forget the dates.  They are easy enough  to find on any site.  I have MLB subscription with Direct TV and can access it from my cell phone.  We have to play those Cubbies too.

I just looked it up and do see we play two home and two away vs the Nationals and Matt Wieters.  I have  hard time accepting his departure

Edited by LedZeppfan1977