re; Grammy Awards

euro

Many of the schiz'd out musicians, producers and writers are moving to Nashville.

A bit mellower vibe than the coasts and if you don't have to commute by way of freeway, the getting around is much more pleasant too.

Just don't send the tourists to the cool, tucked away spots please. EL you'd be welcome though, don't ask for autographs and they'll treat you like downhome folk. :D

If you go to Whole Foods or out to Leiper's Fork, don't gawk, just nod your head and be friendly.

• 1 month later...
Look what I found on YouTube. Wish Alison would've sung though, otherwise great group of stars up there singing a great Beatles tune. This is from the Grammys 2005:

Never know what might happen at this year's show. :D

Wow, thanks for this!

How interesting to see Slash's guitar and Alison's fiddle work together, hmmm.

Look what I found on YouTube. Wish Alison would've sung though, otherwise great group of stars up there singing a great Beatles tune. This is from the Grammys 2005:

Never know what might happen at this year's show. :D

I forgot about this! I remember seeing it on tv. One of my favorite Beatles songs.

The Recording Academy has set Feb. 8, 2009, as the date the 51st Annual Grammy Awards, to be held once again from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

-Los Angeles Times

I probably won't be there. We're going to be hearing about this event for the next 3 weeks and God knows how long afterward. Maybe I'll find a book to read to take my mind off it.

Wow, thanks for this!

How interesting to see Slash's guitar and Alison's fiddle work together, hmmm.

I wish I could've heard more of her fiddle though. Yeah between the fiddle, Slash's guitar and Stevie Wonder's harmonica, that would've been a song all by itself, LOL!! :D

I wish I could've heard more of her fiddle though. Yeah between the fiddle, Slash's guitar and Stevie Wonder's harmonica, that would've been a song all by itself, LOL!! :D

I had the same reaction - a bit hard to hear her but she looked like she was having a good time!

At CMT.com there is a weekly column written by a lady named Hazel Smith and here is what she said about Robert and Alison's Grammy nods:

"Now, what about the nominations for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant? My friend Alison and her pal Plant have fiddle-farted around to receive three nominations for the same record in three different categories -- pop, country and folk/Americana! Does that top your cotton? Chalk one up for Alison. She doesn't care what the powers-that-be call her music. She's blessed to sing whatever she likes."

"Fiddle-farted" & "top your cotton", now I have never heard those words before!! :lol: Here is the link to the whole column if you are interested:

http://www.cmt.com/news/hot-dish/1602970/h...minations.jhtml

Archived