THE BRUCE & BRANDON LEE THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. Sorry that I have been away from The Forum but I have been working massive 12 hour days and can really take a toll on you after a while. I should be returning to my normal regular 8 hour days soon (Hopefully).

I'm going to take a break from writing about music and write about something different. I'm going to write about a late actor that needs no introduction the world over. This actor was born from the bloodlines of the SINGLE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER. This actor was destined for greatness only whose life was cut short on 31 March 1993 at the tender age of 28. That's right, you guessed it, I'm talking about the late great BRUCE LEE and his late great son BRANDON LEE.

31 March 2009 will mark the 16th year anniversary of BRANDON LEE'S death. His death on the movie set while filming 1994's long awaited THE CROW still baffles the movie industry and many people to this very day. Many movie critics as well as many personal friends believe that both BRUCE LEE and his son BRANDON LEE were murdered. BRUCE LEE did have many enemies throughout his career which was no secret and in my opinion, BRANDON LEE'S death may have happened as a result of his father enemies. BRANDON LEE was shot by a lodged blank bullet in the pistol on the film set which is supposed to be inspected prior to use. In the end of the investigation that followed LEE'S death, BRANDON LEE'S death was ruled as an accidental death. I have my true feelings in the matter and I do not believe for a minute that his death was accidental. What do all of you think?

BRUCE LEE was born in San Francisco, California on 27 November 1940, The Year of The Dragon. BRUCE LEE would move on to becoming THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST THAT EVER WALKED THE FACE OF THE EARTH! BRUCE LEE, in my eyes, will always be the greatest of all-time. I grew up idolizing BRUCE LEE. His movies, "Fists Of Fury," "The Chinese Connection," "The Return Of The Dragon (Has been called The Way Of The Dragon)," the 1973 box office smash "Enter The Dragon" and the disappointing uncompleted post BRUCE LEE 1979 movie "Game Of Death," continue to draw millions of fans worldwide to this very day. His movies are a true testament of how physically fit he was, BRUCE LEE was the original ultimate warrior, the ultimate human wrecking machine. To let you know how quick BRUCE LEE really was, legend has it that if you ever pointed a gun at BRUCE LEE, you better shoot him quickly before he strikes you first. Another is that BRUCE LEE'S punching speed was so extremely lightning quick during the filming of "Enter The Dragon," that the film crew had to film his punches in slow motion. When a discussion of the Martial Arts is brought up, BRUCE LEE'S name will ALWAYS be mentioned. BRUCE LEE NOT ONLY DEFINES THE MARTIAL ARTS, BRUCE LEE IS THE MARTIAL ARTS. The Martial Arts was not just a sport to BRUCE LEE, it was a way of life, a religion. He lived and breathed the Martial Arts and he died by it. When BRUCE LEE died on that fateful day of 20 July 1973, A LOT of the Martial Arts world died with him forever. I recently read a magazine article that pretty much sums up BRUCE LEE and it goes like this: "BRUCE LEE WILL LIVE FOREVER, HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. BRUCE LEE IS IRREPLACEABLE, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYONE TO REPLACE HIM, NO ONE!"

BRANDON LEE was born in Oakland, California on 1 February 1965 to BRUCE & LINDA LEE. BRANDON, from the beginning, wanted to be in the Martial Arts world and he even trained with his Father as a child. When his Father died in 1973, BRANDON'S world just came crashing down. Imagine what it would be like being the son of THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST THAT EVER LIVED. It was definitely hard for BRANDON knowing that he would always be in the shadow of his famous Father. As BRANDON grew older and matured, he would come to terms with his Father's legacy and try to make his own mark. In my opinion, BRANDON was on his way to accomplishing this goal but would not live long enough to achieve it. 1991's "Showdown In Little Tokyo" displayed what was yet to come from BRANDON LEE. BRANDON LEE would be an actor to be reckoned with when the 1992 film "Rapid Fire" was released. BRANDON LEE was already being compared, in some way, to his famous father, BRANDON was on his way to destiny. The film "The Crow," was to be the film that would make BRANDON shine as a legitimate International Movie Star. This film was everything that BRANDON hoped that it would be. It is just too bad that BRANDON, like his Father, would not live long enough to enjoy it. BRANDON LEE was this up and coming shining star that was about to break through as a legitimate International Movie Star only whose life, like his Father before him, would be cut short in his prime. How sad.

On a personal note, in 1991, I was at this party in L.A. being thrown by a friend of mine. It was at this party that I met actor Lou Diamond Phillips. Phillips and I had a great conversation about his breakthrough film "La Bamba." Phillips than told me that his best friend was showing up, his name was BRANDON LEE. I then asked Phillips "is BRANDON LEE who I think it is?" Phillips than answered "yes he is!" Phillips then asked me to please not talk about his Father. I said no problem. I was thinking to myself, I can't believe it, I'm going to meet BRANDON LEE! The sad part of all of this is that BRANDON LEE never showed up. BRANDON LEE was on location in L.A. filming 1992's "Rapid Fire." I never got my chance to meet BRANDON LEE. On my sister's Birthday, 31 march 1993, I found out that BRANDON LEE had died. I was totally happy for my sister on her Birthday but was saddened upon hearing about LEE'S death. I never could get in contact with Lou Diamond Phillips. Years later, on opening night, 25 January 2008, I saw the play CAMELOT at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, Texas. Lou Diamond Phillips was starring in the play and I had a chance to meet with him after the show. Believe it or not, Phillips remembered meeting me at the party in L.A. in 1991. Phillips and I actually had a long conversation that would naturally lead up to BRANDON LEE'S death. Phillips is still in disbelief and was very emotional when he was talking about his late best friend. I left that discussion alone. I gave Lou Diamond Phillips my cell number and I do hope that one day he will call me out of the blue just to say hello.

I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on BRUCE & BRANDON LEE, I feel confident that all of you were touched in some way by both BRUCE LEE and his son BRANDON. If Bruce was still alive today, he would be 68 years old. If Brandon was still alive today, he would be 44 years old. Two great Martial Artists, two great actors, both Father and son, whose lives were cut down short in their prime. This thread's for you BRUCE & BRANDON. R.I.P. BRUCE LEE, Born 27 November 1940, Died 20 July 1973 at age 32. R.I.P. BRANDON BRUCE LEE, Born 1 February 1965, Died 31 March 1993 at age 28. ROCK ON!

Thanks for making this thread. I posted some pics awhile back that I took of Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves when I was in Seattle. I'll have to find them and repost them here. I'm a big fan of both. I can't believe it's been 16 years since Brandon's death. The Crow is my all time favorite movie. Saw it 6 times in the theater!

My first encounter with Bruce Lee was in the Green Hornet TV series.

GreenHornet.jpg

Remember when they appeared on the Batman TV series and they faught with them?

Batman handled the Green Hornet ok but Kato kicked Robin's ass all over the stage :lol:

batman_green_hornet.jpg

Thanks for making this thread. I posted some pics awhile back that I took of Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves when I was in Seattle. I'll have to find them and repost them here. I'm a big fan of both. I can't believe it's been 16 years since Brandon's death. The Crow is my all time favorite movie. Saw it 6 times in the theater!

How's it going "Roxie?" You're very welcome. I am glad that you enjoyed reading this thread. I have read so many BRUCE LEE biographies and numerous stories and articles on his son BRANDON, that I could have written pages of both of them on this thread. However, I could have written about BRUCE LEE'S fighting style which is called Jeet Kune Do (The Way of The Intercepting Fist). Maybe I will write about it here on the thread later on. THE CROW is by far, BRANDON LEE'S best picture ever. Please post the picture of BRUCE & BRANDON LEE'S Gravesite in Seattle, I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks again and ROCK ON!

My first encounter with Bruce Lee was in the Green Hornet TV series.

GreenHornet.jpg

Remember when they appeared on the Batman TV series and they faught with them?

Batman handled the Green Hornet ok but Kato kicked Robin's ass all over the stage :lol:

batman_green_hornet.jpg

How's it going "Dzldoc" my buddy? I hope all is well with you. I remember that BATMAN episode, Robin did get his ass kicked by Kato. Those 1960's BATMAN episodes were so funny! I always loved The Joker's (Caesar Romero) laugh, The Riddler's (Frank Gorshin) laugh, The Penguin's ( Burgess Meredith) laugh and the Catwoman's (Eartha Kitt & Lee Meriwether) M-E-O-W!!! I swear, I still laugh my ass off everytime I see those episodes. Those were the days when criminals were actually funny and even enjoyed being criminals. Every week, one of those criminals would be doing something different. It makes you wonder how those criminals got out of prison so quickly. Then again, there wouldn't be a BATMAN TV series if there was no Joker, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman. I know there were other criminals on the show but neither of them would be as popular or have an everlasting impact on the show then The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin and Catwoman. What do you think? ROCK ON!

How's it going "Dzldoc" my buddy? I hope all is well with you. I remember that BATMAN episode, Robin did get his ass kicked by Kato. Those 1960's BATMAN episodes were so funny! I always loved The Joker's (Caesar Romero) laugh, The Riddler's (Frank Gorshin) laugh, The Penguin's ( Burgess Meredith) laugh and the Catwoman's (Eartha Kitt & Lee Meriwether) M-E-O-W!!! I swear, I still laugh my ass off everytime I see those episodes. Those were the days when criminals were actually funny and even enjoyed being criminals. Every week, one of those criminals would be doing something different. It makes you wonder how those criminals got out of prison so quickly. Then again, there wouldn't be a BATMAN TV series if there was no Joker, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman. I know there were other criminals on the show but neither of them would be as popular or have an everlasting impact on the show then The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin and Catwoman. What do you think? ROCK ON!

Hey ZFF! everything is kewl. Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Hey ZFF! everything is kewl. Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Sorry about that "Dzldoc," I finally got rid of a lot of my e-mails in my in basket. You can try sending me a personal message now. Look forward to hearing from you. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going "ally?" Thanks for the "Kato vs Robin" link, I really loved that episode. ROCK ON!

It's all good ZFF B)

Alway's enjoy it when you post a thread :)

It's all good ZFF B)

Alway's enjoy it when you post a thread :)

Thanks for your kind words "ally." It makes me feel great that I can make many fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics such as yourself happy and put a smile on many of your faces. That really inspires me to continue writing more threads which I have every intention of doing in the future. I apologize for being away from The Forum for so long but I have been swamped with working those backbreaking 12 hour day shifts. I have many more ideas for many more threads that I will be writing in the near future, I hope that you, as well as all of our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, will enjoy reading them. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

I agree about Bruce lee. He was a genius. I don't agree about Brandon though. It's sad that he died young but i don't think he was that talented.

How's it going "spats" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? There is no doubt in anyone's minds that BRUCE LEE is and always will be, THE ALL-TIME GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER! For a man being 5' 7" and 140 Pounds, BRUCE LEE had lightning fast punches that hit you with the power of a 220 Pound Heavyweight. I have to disagree with you about the talents of BRUCE'S son BRANDON. Speaking one on one with BRANDON'S best friend, actor Lou Diamond Phillips, he told me himself how talented BRANDON was. However, LOU and I did agree that BRANDON could NEVER be like his Father. Then again, NO ONE could ever be like BRUCE LEE. LOU also told me that BRANDON himself admitted that he could never be like his Father. LOU did tell me that BRANDON was very gifted and had his own special talent and he was really beginning to display it on the screen. Had BRANDON lived, we all would have seen his talent to its fullest potential. The sad part is that BRANDON died far too young to show his full talents to its fullest potential. For being 5' 11" and a lean mean 160 Pounds, BRANDON was on his way to fullfilling his destiny and take his rightfull place proudly along side his father. The difference between BRUCE & BRANDON is that BRUCE was a devout Martial Artist, BRANDON was not as devout as his Father. BRUCE was not the greatest actor, BRANDON was blossoming into a great actor that his Father wasn't. I know that you have seen both "Rapid Fire" and "The Crow," BRANDON'S talents were beginning to show and he was naturally destined to become an actor. BRANDON may not have been as talented as his father physically and Martial Arts wise, but BRANDON displayed more acting talent than his father did. With that said, BRANDON was even starting to display his talent in the Martial Arts and proved that he could carry himself well. In reality, in my opinion, it would be unfair to compare anyone to BRUCE LEE, let alone his son. ROCK ON!

Bruce Lee is my childhood hero.

3379.jpg

How's it going "Ady" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I was wondering when I was going to hear from you. I remember your photo of Nora Mio, she is a very beautiful woman. Nora Mio was in every BRUCE LEE movie wasn't she with the exception of "Game Of Death?" Do you remember Angela Mao Ying? In the 1970's, she was known as the Queen Of The Martial Arts. She was one hell of a fighter. I understand that she was a Black Belt in real life. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Ady" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I was wondering when I was going to hear from you. I remember your photo of Nora Mio, she is a very beautiful woman. Nora Mio was in every BRUCE LEE movie wasn't she with the exception of "Game Of Death?" Do you remember Angela Mao Ying? In the 1970's, she was known as the Queen Of The Martial Arts. She was one hell of a fighter. I understand that she was a Black Belt in real life. ROCK ON!

Nora Miao isn't in Enter the Dragon either, perhaps you're thinking of Betty Chung who played Mai Ling?

She does look a bit liike Nora Miao:

HKTVWeek287a.jpg

I've not seen Angela Mao Ying in anything other than Enter the dragon, but I've seen various fight scenes from her movies in documentaries.

I'd like to see nora Miao in The Blade Spares None:

blade-spares-none.jpg

Nora Miao isn't in Enter the Dragon either, perhaps you're thinking of Betty Chung who played Mai Ling?

She does look a bit liike Nora Miao:

HKTVWeek287a.jpg

I've not seen Angela Mao Ying in anything other than Enter the dragon, but I've seen various fight scenes from her movies in documentaries.

I'd like to see nora Miao in The Blade Spares None:

blade-spares-none.jpg

How's it going "Ady?" Thats right, you are right, I got Betty Chung (Who is also beautiful!) mixed up with Nora Mio. I know that Nora Mio was in "Fists Of Fury," "The Chinese Connection" and "Return of the Dragon (The Way Of The Dragon)." I remember seeing Angela Mao Ying in a movie called "Lady Kung Fu." I think that is the movie, I did see her in two other movies that she starred in but I cannot remember them off the top of my head. I'll find out and post them here on the thread. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. Sorry that I have been away from The Forum but I have been working massive 12 hour days and can really take a toll on you after a while. I should be returning to my normal regular 8 hour days soon (Hopefully).

I'm going to take a break from writing about music and write about something different. I'm going to write about a late actor that needs no introduction the world over. This actor was born from the bloodlines of the SINGLE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER. This actor was destined for greatness only whose life was cut short on 31 March 1993 at the tender age of 28. That's right, you guessed it, I'm talking about the late great BRUCE LEE and his late great son BRANDON LEE.

31 March 2009 will mark the 16th year anniversary of BRANDON LEE'S death. His death on the movie set while filming 1994's long awaited THE CROW still baffles the movie industry and many people to this very day. Many movie critics as well as many personal friends believe that both BRUCE LEE and his son BRANDON LEE were murdered. BRUCE LEE did have many enemies throughout his career which was no secret and in my opinion, BRANDON LEE'S death may have happened as a result of his father enemies. BRANDON LEE was shot by a lodged blank bullet in the pistol on the film set which is supposed to be inspected prior to use. In the end of the investigation that followed LEE'S death, BRANDON LEE'S death was ruled as an accidental death. I have my true feelings in the matter and I do not believe for a minute that his death was accidental. What do all of you think?

BRUCE LEE was born in San Francisco, California on 27 November 1940, The Year of The Dragon. BRUCE LEE would move on to becoming THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST THAT EVER WALKED THE FACE OF THE EARTH! BRUCE LEE, in my eyes, will always be the greatest of all-time. I grew up idolizing BRUCE LEE. His movies, "Fists Of Fury," "The Chinese Connection," "The Return Of The Dragon (Has been called The Way Of The Dragon)," the 1973 box office smash "Enter The Dragon" and the disappointing uncompleted post BRUCE LEE 1979 movie "Game Of Death," continue to draw millions of fans worldwide to this very day. His movies are a true testament of how physically fit he was, BRUCE LEE was the original ultimate warrior, the ultimate human wrecking machine. To let you know how quick BRUCE LEE really was, legend has it that if you ever pointed a gun at BRUCE LEE, you better shoot him quickly before he strikes you first. Another is that BRUCE LEE'S punching speed was so extremely lightning quick during the filming of "Enter The Dragon," that the film crew had to film his punches in slow motion. When a discussion of the Martial Arts is brought up, BRUCE LEE'S name will ALWAYS be mentioned. BRUCE LEE NOT ONLY DEFINES THE MARTIAL ARTS, BRUCE LEE IS THE MARTIAL ARTS. The Martial Arts was not just a sport to BRUCE LEE, it was a way of life, a religion. He lived and breathed the Martial Arts and he died by it. When BRUCE LEE died on that fateful day of 20 July 1973, A LOT of the Martial Arts world died with him forever. I recently read a magazine article that pretty much sums up BRUCE LEE and it goes like this: "BRUCE LEE WILL LIVE FOREVER, HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. BRUCE LEE IS IRREPLACEABLE, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYONE TO REPLACE HIM, NO ONE!"

BRANDON LEE was born in Oakland, California on 1 February 1965 to BRUCE & LINDA LEE. BRANDON, from the beginning, wanted to be in the Martial Arts world and he even trained with his Father as a child. When his Father died in 1973, BRANDON'S world just came crashing down. Imagine what it would be like being the son of THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST THAT EVER LIVED. It was definitely hard for BRANDON knowing that he would always be in the shadow of his famous Father. As BRANDON grew older and matured, he would come to terms with his Father's legacy and try to make his own mark. In my opinion, BRANDON was on his way to accomplishing this goal but would not live long enough to achieve it. 1991's "Showdown In Little Tokyo" displayed what was yet to come from BRANDON LEE. BRANDON LEE would be an actor to be reckoned with when the 1992 film "Rapid Fire" was released. BRANDON LEE was already being compared, in some way, to his famous father, BRANDON was on his way to destiny. The film "The Crow," was to be the film that would make BRANDON shine as a legitimate International Movie Star. This film was everything that BRANDON hoped that it would be. It is just too bad that BRANDON, like his Father, would not live long enough to enjoy it. BRANDON LEE was this up and coming shining star that was about to break through as a legitimate International Movie Star only whose life, like his Father before him, would be cut short in his prime. How sad.

On a personal note, in 1991, I was at this party in L.A. being thrown by a friend of mine. It was at this party that I met actor Lou Diamond Phillips. Phillips and I had a great conversation about his breakthrough film "La Bamba." Phillips than told me that his best friend was showing up, his name was BRANDON LEE. I then asked Phillips "is BRANDON LEE who I think it is?" Phillips than answered "yes he is!" Phillips then asked me to please not talk about his Father. I said no problem. I was thinking to myself, I can't believe it, I'm going to meet BRANDON LEE! The sad part of all of this is that BRANDON LEE never showed up. BRANDON LEE was on location in L.A. filming 1992's "Rapid Fire." I never got my chance to meet BRANDON LEE. On my sister's Birthday, 31 march 1993, I found out that BRANDON LEE had died. I was totally happy for my sister on her Birthday but was saddened upon hearing about LEE'S death. I never could get in contact with Lou Diamond Phillips. Years later, on opening night, 25 January 2008, I saw the play CAMELOT at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, Texas. Lou Diamond Phillips was starring in the play and I had a chance to meet with him after the show. Believe it or not, Phillips remembered meeting me at the party in L.A. in 1991. Phillips and I actually had a long conversation that would naturally lead up to BRANDON LEE'S death. Phillips is still in disbelief and was very emotional when he was talking about his late best friend. I left that discussion alone. I gave Lou Diamond Phillips my cell number and I do hope that one day he will call me out of the blue just to say hello.

I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on BRUCE & BRANDON LEE, I feel confident that all of you were touched in some way by both BRUCE LEE and his son BRANDON. If Bruce was still alive today, he would be 68 years old. If Brandon was still alive today, he would be 44 years old. Two great Martial Artists, two great actors, both Father and son, whose lives were cut down short in their prime. This thread's for you BRUCE & BRANDON. R.I.P. BRUCE LEE, Born 27 November 1940, Died 20 July 1973 at age 32. R.I.P. BRANDON BRUCE LEE, Born 1 February 1965, Died 31 March 1993 at age 28. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. I just purchased a book entitled "THE CROW: THE STORY BEHIND THE FILM" written by Bridget Baiss. This book is incredible. Reading the book more, I am convinced that there was some foul play involved in reference to BRANDON LEE'S death on 31 March 1993. The Author (Bridget Baiss) mentioned in the book all of the resistance and threats that she received while researching all of the events that led to LEE'S death. The Author really gets blunt in the book and holds nothing back. For those of you that are hard core BRUCE LEE or BRANDON LEE fans, I highly recommend this book. After I am done reading the book, I will comment additional information on this thread in the near future. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Found this statue of Bruce in Hong Kong

aHK-Star-Bruce-Lee-gif.gifB)

How's it going "Dzldoc?" These pictures are so cool! I knew that there was a statue of Bruce Lee in Hong Kong but I have never seen any pictures of it until now. Thanks for sharing these pictures with all of us on this thread. ROCK ON!

• 3 weeks later...

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that Tuesday morning treats us all well with a great big cup of Expresso. The weather is pretty bad and windy here in San Antonio and Austin, Texas. I still haven't got my computer back yet so I'm still having to use my computer in my office at work instead. I would like to remind everyone here on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum that today (31 March 2009), is the 16th Anniversary of Brandon Lee's death. Brandon Lee's death was such a tragedy and a great loss to the Martial Arts as well as the Entertainment world. The rain is really starting to pour down here in Texas and I have to get back to work since my Boss is looking at me at the moment. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Archived