1971 tour

JimmyPageZoSo56

My friend told me earlier that her step dad, Bob Fisher, played with Led Zeppelin in 1971. I don't know the date or show because she didn't tell me. And that's because she doesn't know. But she said something was wrong with Jones's keyboard. It was either broken or something and he step dad had his keys there so he played Stairway to Heaven with them.

Does anyone know of this (Steve Jones)?

As far as I know he didn't play with them, yet again, about 46% of the gigs from that year are quite sketchy, I haven't heard any bootleg on which Plant comments about this, I'm not disclaiming it, there just isn't too much proof.

That sounds far fetched to happen to have your keyboards at a concert if you weren't a planned participant. Maybe the story got twisted and there's some element of truth. Like it could've been a small club date (back to the clubs tour) and your friend's step father had the keyboards in the car or something. Or the town was small enough, he lived nearby and was there for the soundcheck and ran home to get his keyboard for John Paul Jones to play during the evening. I would have my doubts about his guest appearance though. Why wouldn't JPJ play them instead?

Who knows?

My friend's dad's band played a gig earlier in the day and he went to go see Led Zeppelin. But that's all I know because that's all she told me. She doesn't know much about it either.

Stairway was brand new in 1971... it would've been really hard for the guy to have learned and known the song good enough to play it live... at least in front of an audience? I agree though, I'm sure if it was an actual gig, JPJ was the one doing the playing.

Stairway was brand new in 1971... it would've been really hard for the guy to have learned and known the song good enough to play it live... at least in front of an audience? I agree though, I'm sure if it was an actual gig, JPJ was the one doing the playing.

The 4th album wasn't released till November so I'm not even sure if Stairway got radio play till then.

Archived