LA Forum shows 1975

ZepFanatic

Right now in the middle of all the glory of 46 minutes of D&C...so fucking awesome...

In his books Luis Rey has slagged these shows as being "sluggish" and Jimmy's playing as "clipped" and "choppy"...

Dunno what he listened to...sounds fucking awesome to me!!!!!! :P

Page's playing doesnt sound great on some of the shorter tracks but works really well on the longer jams(IMTOD, TU, NQ etc) IMHO, the contrast between JPJ's silky smooth piano work and his thunderous choppy soloing is some of the best work they ever did for me.

The best part of the late 75 versions of dazed is IMHO the first 15 mins, really great menacing/moody atmosphere, that "loving you" vocal section from 27/3/75 espeically really breaks the track down to its basics.

I know they tend to get more praise but the 75 shows I don't enjoy much are those from the first leg of the tour. Yes the performances are a bit tighter but they just lack the spark and energy that the best Zep shows have.

I had a wonderful time at the 3/25 and 3/27 shows.

....ET, how lucky....I wish I had seen the '75 shows.....but next to impossible....I could only imagine how beautiful the atmosphere must be....and both Robert and Jimmy, all so beautiful :wub: :wub:

I was there at the 3/24 show. Guess what? I cannot find my ticket stub and it's got me panicked. I foolishly "put it somewhere safe", and now I have no idea where it is. I want to scan it before it fades completely. I'll keep looking it's gotta be around somewhere....

But anyway, yeah, I recently got the Deep Throat set, and the sound is stunning, especially the final night. Man, when Bonzo started up Rock & Roll It was just too damn thrilling for words. The atmosphere in the Forum was electric, remember, no opening act-when those lights go down, it's GO TIME baby!

....more stories from this thread, makes me wonder why there is so little footage in '75, relatively modern era......(I can only imagine how long it took to stay in line to get THAT ticket, so you can tell a story here, today....thank you for sharing....so lucky :D :D

Page's playing doesnt sound great on some of the shorter tracks but works really well on the longer jams(IMTOD, TU, NQ etc) IMHO, the contrast between JPJ's silky smooth piano work and his thunderous choppy soloing is some of the best work they ever did for me.

The best part of the late 75 versions of dazed is IMHO the first 15 mins, really great menacing/moody atmosphere, that "loving you" vocal section from 27/3/75 espeically really breaks the track down to its basics.

I know they tend to get more praise but the 75 shows I don't enjoy much are those from the first leg of the tour. Yes the performances are a bit tighter but they just lack the spark and energy that the best Zep shows have.

I agree, although there are some exceptions, for me the best shows of 1975 are from the middle of Feb (the last MSG and Nassau shows) to the end (LA Forum)

The NQs and TUs from all of these shows are great.

And I can't be alone as being a huge fan of the funky jams and grooves they got into on WLL on this tour? They should have kept that in 1977 instead of those 1-minute WLL teaser intros to Black Dog...

I love them too, loads.

Even with all the problems with 75, i always find myself going back to them. Watched the Earls Ct shows last week, and fell in love with them again.

• 10 months later...

Right now rockin' along to OTHAFA....so good!

Recently listened to these shows, on the 27th OFHAFA , Jimmy's solo juat seems never ending, it's great!!

Also, on the 24th or 25th, Jimmy plays a bit of The Rover prior to WLL...

Great gigs though.. Great imo version of Kashmir from the 27th too, and i love the 'Loving You' segment in D+C from the 27th too...

Archived