Here's To the Death of Broadcast

Jahfin

I won't miss 'ER' because I've never watched it.

I don't have cable but my fave shows are:

Family Guy

Two And A Half Men

TMZ

Jeopardy

PBS

American Chopper (Now on local channel)

South Park (but they re-run it to death)

The Simpsons (the old shows which they never show anymore)

The Latin Soaps (just to see the fine ass girls) :D

The article isn't really about ER going off the air as much as it's about people having different avenues (such as the internet) for their television programming these days. Personally, I know of a good handful of friends that don't have cable, satellite or any form of standard broadcast TV, they use the internet instead.

It's weird... I've never watched ER, because when it came on, it was up against another new show, Chicago Hope. So I had to decide...and I went with Chicago Hope because I'm a huge Mandy Patinkin fan. Now, of course, there would be millions of ways I could watch both...

I have the History channel, but they may as well rename it the World War 2 Channel.

I agree, but I've been getting into that show "How the Earth was Formed", especially the episode on the Great Lakes.

As for "Two & a Half Men", I was all over that show from the beginning. I think there's a little of Charlie and Allen in every guy.....except for Spats of course.

I've worked for years with a crusty lady who is just like Berta (Conchata Ferrell) in looks and attitude.....

two-and-a-half-men.jpg

My younger workers call her "Swamp rat....the meanest bitch in the bog". When she puts in a work-request. they flip coins to determine which one of them will be eaten for breakfast. :D

Well, I hate to say it, but OUR newspaper royally sucks. I think that's the main reason why it's in trouble. If it were higher quality, like if it printed the facts and not speculation, it could have a fighting chance.

As for network TV, I have to say that it also sucks. I turn on the TV during the week and nothing is on but talk shows, news and reality TV.

Well, I hate to say it, but OUR newspaper royally sucks. I think that's the main reason why it's in trouble. If it were higher quality, like if it printed the facts and not speculation, it could have a fighting chance.

It seems more and more that news is becoming a commodity, and instead of just giving you the bloody news, they give you all this crap they dress up as news because they get a bee in their bonnet about making news more reader or viewer friendly.

Instead of news you get articles about herbal back pain remedy and cheap meat shops and some silly cow who gets a 1980's haiurcut to go around looking like Princess Diana...

There's 2 things that America does really well, better than anybody else in the world: Award Shows and Morning Television. I've always admired shows like NBC Today and Good Morning America. You guys are so good at thats hit, believe me.

Here in Australia, our version of NBC Today used to be drier than a piece of burnt toast. Then they decided they had to jazz it up a bit and make it more entertaining. Trouble is none of them have a clue what they're doing so instead of entertaining it became stupid. Playing pranks on other hosts and getting girls in with giant pretzels on their heads. And while that may sound funny on some bizarre Slovakian show that no one can understand, it doesn't work here and it's embarassing.

I just love that show (Two and a Half Men). I think the death of print journalism isnt far away. Magazines will sell, but newspapers are in trouble.

Berta the wise old hippie! :D

I think Thomas Jefferson said: 'The only honest part of a newspaper is the advertisements!' :lol: