Best Man Speech

moffo

I'm going to be best man at a mates' wedding in a few weeks, so i've started to get my speech together but i'm lacking in the good jokes department. I don't want to go on any of these best man websites because a lot of people do that nowadays and everyone is using the same jokes (Apparently). Any other hints and tips on the writing a speech is more than welcome!

Thanks for your help!

Edited by moffo

Dunno if this is on any of those sites.

She offered her honour.

He honoured her offer.

Later it will be on her and off her all night!

or,

May your wedding night be like a dining table.

Four bare legs and no drawers!

One from Winston Churchill, "The campaign shall be long and hard with no withdrawal"!

I'm going to be best man at a mates' wedding in a few weeks, so i've started to get my speech together but i'm lacking in the good jokes department. I don't want to go on any of these best man websites because a lot of people do that nowadays and everyone is using the same jokes (Apparently). Any other hints and tips on the writing a speech is more than welcome!

Thanks for your help!

They are using the the same old jokes. Whatever you do don't spend the speech making jokes at the groom's expense. That's been done to death. "I still don't see why she wants to marry you. She's too good for you, blah, blah, blah, blah." That is done all the time. Where the groom is made to look like a fool. Either do the reverse ( that would be new) or something completely different. But don't do the typical nonsense.

It's the Maid/Matron of Honor who makes jokes at the bride's expense. I should know, my BFF is getting married in June and guess what my job is?

The Best Man's speech can be equal parts sentimental and funny, depending on how close to the groom the guy is.

It's the Maid/Matron of Honor who makes jokes at the bride's expense. I should know, my BFF is getting married in June and guess what my job is?

The Best Man's speech can be equal parts sentimental and funny, depending on how close to the groom the guy is.

Are you nervous?

Hell no. I've known this woman since I was 6 years old. I know everyone that is going to be invited....why would I be nervous? She deserves me at my best.

That's good that you can do it. I have always had a problem getting up and speaking in front of a crowd. I would probably pass out.

Have you got it memorized or are you just going to read it from paper?

One of the best speeches i heard given by a best man was one where he told many stories relating to experiences he shared with the groom and their close friends. He was very funny, and even though i didn't know him and only knew the groom from what my girlfriend shared with me about him, the speech made you feel like you knew them well. So try to talk about good times and especially funny stories you have shared with each other. This way you can joke around, but not at the expense of the groom. If you have shared good times with the bride and groom as a couple, share some of those stories as well. If you can add some humor to real life, it is so much more personal and enjoyable than stupid jokes.