When the Levee Breaks

frankb

Ok, so after smoking a bit last night I decided to lay down before bed and put some Zep on. I turned on When the Levee Breaks full blast through my headphones and a bit into the song swore I heard the sound of water rushing in the background..rewinded it three or four times and heard it again. So anyways listened again to it this morning and cant really hear it, but do hear some background noise. Anyways listen very closely around 1:20-1:35 and tell me whether I am crazy or not (or just high :slapface: ). :D

Ok, so after smoking a bit last night I decided to lay down before bed and put some Zep on. I turned on When the Levee Breaks full blast through my headphones and a bit into the song swore I heard the sound of water rushing in the background..rewinded it three or four times and heard it again. So anyways listened again to it this morning and cant really hear it, but do hear some background noise. Anyways listen very closely around 1:20-1:35 and tell me whether I am crazy or not (or just high :slapface: ). :D

Uhh, can you send me some of your hashish, so I can do the experiment myself?

Thanks in advance!

You always notice all sorts of things when you'reot in your right mind! The first time I really heard the phone ringing in The Ocean was the morning after our band concert. I was strung out on adrenaline, caffine and less than 3 hours of sleep. I heard that phone clear as day, but any other time I've heard it on that same boombox, I can't telll anything. :blink:

Ha ya I can completely understand that. Tried to listen to it again last night and can definitely hear something..not sure if its fuzz or what, but I have to say it creates some awesome imagery of water flowing from a broken levee. Pretty cool stuff.

Hi frankb

This could be a clue, "I turned on When the Levee Breaks full blast through my headphones" you may have damaged your eardrums and it could be the sound of blood plasma whooshing around in your ear canal. :whistling:

Regards, Danny

There's some heavy "flange effect's in that whole song man! It's when they put two copies of the the finished track on two tape machines with the out put of both tape deck's patched to a single stereo buss (that buss is then recorded by a master tape machine). Then you lightly press your finger on the reel's moving the sync of the two recording's in and out of time with each other.

That's how they did it back then, now you can do the same thing with a digital (or analog) effect's unit or a DAW (audio workstation).

It does have a swooshing (water) type sound to it.

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell it like that because I like it that way.

How's it going "frankb!" That must have been some good shit, how bout selling me some? No, I do not think that you are crazy or just high, I think that you are in the zone! I love "When The Levee Breaks!" I know at least two person's that doesn't like this song only because they have a big Levee in their backyard that had a small serious seepage and almost broke. In the mid 1990's, Yuba City, California had a major evacuation like it was the end of the world and I had to speed in my Mustang going over 150 mph to get over there from Sacramento and help my sister and brother-in-law pack up some of their stuff and get the hell out of there. Before we left, my brother-in-law and I took a drive up to the Levee and we saw for ourselves the seepage on the Levee and the water that was about to go over the top of the Levee. My brother-in-law and I looked at each other and said "Lets get the f*c* out of here!" I guess that the workers were able to contain the seepage and the water level went down. It wouldn't be long before Yuba City and Marysville built a brand new Levee. Now I always tease my sister and everyone that lives in Yuba City "lets play the LED ZEPPELIN song "When The Levee Breaks!" Everyone LOVES LED ZEPPELIN but that song is not very popular in the Yuba City/Marysville area if you know what I mean. I can see them playing that song when their Levee is close to breaking. ROCK ON!

How's it going "frankb!" That must have been some good shit, how bout selling me some? No, I do not think that you are crazy or just high, I think that you are in the zone! I love "When The Levee Breaks!" I know at least two person's that doesn't like this song only because they have a big Levee in their backyard that had a small serious seepage and almost broke. In the mid 1990's, Yuba City, California had a major evacuation like it was the end of the world and I had to speed in my Mustang going over 150 mph to get over there from Sacramento and help my sister and brother-in-law pack up some of their stuff and get the hell out of there. Before we left, my brother-in-law and I took a drive up to the Levee and we saw for ourselves the seepage on the Levee and the water that was about to go over the top of the Levee. My brother-in-law and I looked at each other and said "Lets get the f*c* out of here!" I guess that the workers were able to contain the seepage and the water level went down. It wouldn't be long before Yuba City and Marysville built a brand new Levee. Now I always tease my sister and everyone that lives in Yuba City "lets play the LED ZEPPELIN song "When The Levee Breaks!" Everyone LOVES LED ZEPPELIN but that song is not very popular in the Yuba City/Marysville area if you know what I mean. I can see them playing that song when their Levee is close to breaking. ROCK ON!

How is ya 'ZeppFanForever'

Remember this mate.

"Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move."

Must be really frightening, scary and awfull all at the same time, i hope she didnt loose too much, anyway take care and drive carfull, no doing 150 mph OK.

Kind Regards, Danny

How is ya 'ZeppFanForever'

Remember this mate.

"Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move."

Must be really frightening, scary and awfull all at the same time, i hope she didnt loose too much, anyway take care and drive carfull, no doing 150 mph OK.

Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN?" My sister's town was spared, the Levee broke in the small town somewhere else but it wasn't far away from Yuba City. The reason why the water put so much strain on the Levee's is because some asshole in Oroville decided to let a lot of water out of the Dam since the water level was putting a strain on the Dam. The bad part of this whole situation is that the employee let too much water out of the Dam and caused major problems. I can't promise you that I will never speed 150 mph again, its just too damn fun not to. ROCK ON my friend!

You always notice all sorts of things when you'reot in your right mind! The first time I really heard the phone ringing in The Ocean was the morning after our band concert. I was strung out on adrenaline, caffine and less than 3 hours of sleep. I heard that phone clear as day, but any other time I've heard it on that same boombox, I can't telll anything. :blink:

I just re-read this. I ment "You're not" Please excuse my typos (again) <_<

Edited by ms_zeppelin94