ANVIL To Be Interviewed On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'

Guitarist/vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow and drummer Robb Reiner of Canadian heavy metal legends ANVIL will be interviewed on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on the Thursday, May 14 episode (which will actually air the morning of Friday, May 15 beginning at 12:05 a.m.).

ANVIL and Sacha Gervasi will attend tonight's (Wednesday, May 6) 7:50 p.m. and 9:55 p.m. screenings of their acclaimed documentary, "Anvil! The Story of Anvil", at the Landmark Theatre (10850 West Pico at Westwood Blvd.) in Los Angeles, California. They will take part in a question-and-answer session following each screening.

ANVIL will appear at this year's Metal Hammer Golden Gods ceremony, which will be held June 15 at Indigo2 in London, England's O2 Arena . ANVIL will perform on the main stage of the annual awards bash, which is owned by Future's Metal Hammer magazine. The event celebrates the great and good from the international world of rock and metal as well as playing host to several of the loudest bands on the planet to an audience of frothing and frenzied kids.

VH1 has acquired the exclusive rights to "Anvil! The Story of Anvil". VH1 is handling the television and DVD release and will distribute the film theatrically in association with Abramorama. The world television premiere on VH1 this summer and the subsequent DVD release of the film follow a network-wide, multi-platform promotional campaign supporting the theatrical film release.

The movie is really great! I saw it about a month ago and had never heard anything about it. A truly great and moving documentary! I highly recomend watching it.

The movie is really great! I saw it about a month ago and had never heard anything about it. A truly great and moving documentary! I highly recomend watching it.

That's good enough for me! I'll probably watch it this weekend if I can get it. How can I call myself Canadian and not have seen it yet? So un-patriotic....... ;)

I went to the Toronto premier.... I loved it, it really is a great film. At the end of it the two guys from the band, Lips and I think his name was Rob (the drummer), and the director of the film stood up and spoke and answered questions from the audience. It was really cool. We loved the movie so much that I bought a t-shirt and my bf bought a CD. Both of us actually hate the kind of stuff Anvil plays and would never listen to it otherwise. :lol: So yeah its seriously a great movie and its SO cool to see these guys getting more attention!!

I went to the Toronto premier.... I loved it, it really is a great film. At the end of it the two guys from the band, Lips and I think his name was Rob (the drummer), and the director of the film stood up and spoke and answered questions from the audience. It was really cool. We loved the movie so much that I bought a t-shirt and my bf bought a CD. Both of us actually hate the kind of stuff Anvil plays and would never listen to it otherwise. :lol: So yeah its seriously a great movie and its SO cool to see these guys getting more attention!!

Yeah, they really deserves all the attention they can get! More people should be like them, and just go for it because they love what they do.

Hey P'ter:

Do you think they will ever tour?

I answered my own question after checking out their myspce page..They will be in Dublin, Ireland in June..

Juliet

PS I believe there was a feature on CBC or MuchMoreMusic about them

PSS..I've got the Jimmy Kimmel interview marked on my calendar....

PSSS..I found their website http://www.anvilmetal.tk/..has other tour dates...

• 2 weeks later...

While relaxing at home yesterday, I was reading a copy of the Toronto Star.. I saw an article on the Cannes Film Festival....I wasn't really interested until I turned to the page where I saw a picture of...ANVIL!!!

The film, ANVIL! THE STORY OF ANVIL was shown at Cannes!!!!! BRAVO!!!!

The picture in the paper showed the band with the film's director, Sacha Gervasi. It's an excellent picture of everyone. Steve "Lips" Kudlow is wearing a T-shirt featuring a red maple leaf with the expression EH? printed on it

I'm so proud of the band.....I have to see that movie now,eh!!!!!???????

Juliet :cheer::thumbsup::cheer:

I finally saw the movie. Personally I think it's worth the 'hype'. I think it deserves the attention it's been getting.

Yeah, THEY deserv the hype! I want them to make some money of their music, they've truly earned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning London Ontario Anvil fans:

According to a article in The London Free Press yesterday, ANVIL THE STORY OF ANVIL is now playing in London. Check your paper to find the cinema, times etc.

Juliet :coffee:

Here's some interesting info

ANVIL will open for AC/DC at Giants Stadium in NJ and Gillette Stadium in Foxborough Mass.

ANVIL will headline the Download Festival in England

The director of ANVIL THE STORY OF ANVIL (Sacha Gervasi) is a former roadie

The film is still in screening. Expanded release is expected. I was going to go and see it last eve in London but it's no longer playing there

Juliet :coffee:

I like old school thrash....the only Canadian 80s band I know is "Razor" however, from Guelph, Ontario (some of you might know where that is).

I've been meaning to check this documentary out on recommendation from someone else, so I will asap.

Archived