John Bonhams suite at Hard Rock Times Square

Technically, this is pre-Zeppelin, but the Hard Rock in London had (still has? I visited in the mid-90's) a white suit that Jimmy wore in The Yardbirds. It looked amazingly small, but then so do most of the rock star clothes one sees on display.

It was still there as of a couple years ago alongside a Page-era Yardbirds concert poster for Santa Monica, CA 7/22/67. I think his Zeppelin-era Gibson double-neck on

the wall downstairs has been returned or removed to another location.

• Administrators
Well the one in Toronto has some of Bonzo's drumsticks... though I think they could be just any old drumsticks!

Those are real. I brought Jason Bonham there once (the Hard Rock at Yonge & Dundas) and took a look at them.

Those are real. I brought Jason Bonham there once (the Hard Rock at Yonge & Dundas) and took a look at them.

Oh, cool stuff, thanks Sam. :) I wish they had more Zep stuff there. I'm pretty sure those sticks are the only things they have...?

• Administrators
Oh, cool stuff, thanks Sam. :) I wish they had more Zep stuff there. I'm pretty sure those sticks are the only things they have...?

Last time I was there (a few years ago I think), the Hard Rock at the Skydome had what they claimed was one of Jimmy's shirts.

This is great info for anyone in the area. I can only imagine what it was like to be there with Jason....

That's a pretty stylish suit, I would love to see a picture of Bonzo actually wearing it.

In LA they had this god-awful green paisley suit they were claiming belonged to Jimi Hendrix. As a big fan, I knew immediately this was bogus. He wouldn't be caught dead in that thing! On the other hand, like was mentioned, when you DO see a REAL artifact, it can be a powerful experience. I was at Guitar Center in Hollywood and there was Stevie Ray Vaughan's hat. I was just so...moved. Nothing beats the real thing, man. Where is Roberts famous little blue blouse he always wore?

In LA they had this god-awful green paisley suit they were claiming belonged to Jimi Hendrix. As a big fan, I knew immediately this was bogus. He wouldn't be caught dead in that thing!

Perhaps owned by Hendrix but never worn? Such a distinction is more than semantic.

Archived