quiet for awhile

kdh

Quiet on the "Zeppelin news" front. Yes, each surviving memember has projects going on. But for Led Zeppelin it is quiet. Even the topics of discussion are quiet. I guess this is the state of the Led.

Quiet on the "Zeppelin news" front. Yes, each surviving memember has projects going on. But for Led Zeppelin it is quiet. Even the topics of discussion are quiet. I guess this is the state of the Led.

I'm not sure what news there would be on Zep since they aren't a band anymore. Robert is recording with Alison and supporting various charities. He's also made a couple of guest appearances on stage. There's been lots reported on John Paul Jones' current project and tour. As for Jimmy, well aside from It Might Get Loud, not sure what he's up to right now.

The lull is to be expected, since we're all on a message board for a band that doesn't exist anymore. News will be few and far between. Doesn't mean there's nothing to talk about, just that there's nothing new and probably won't be for a while.

Agreed. Love the band but I have come to the understanding that the band that I love will never take the stage again. They are in their mid 60's and the only one of them that is doing anything substantial and worth listening to is John Paul Jones. Robert has his thing going, (which is overrated) and Page is... ? (Saw him live at the TIFF premiere of 'It Might Get Loud' but since then, nothing. I'm disapppointed)

Robert Plant has great enthusiasm and heart. I still love his work. I would question whether it was overrated. I think that quite an enhanced level of artistry goes into what he does. I sometimes wonder if all the pressure to perform that impacts him makes it harder than it needs to be. I always appreciate the light-hearted moments.

Agreed. Love the band but I have come to the understanding that the band that I love will never take the stage again. They are in their mid 60's and the only one of them that is doing anything substantial and worth listening to is John Paul Jones. Robert has his thing going, (which is overrated) and Page is... ? (Saw him live at the TIFF premiere of 'It Might Get Loud' but since then, nothing. I'm disapppointed)

Have to disagree with you that Robert's music is overrated IMO :)

Have to disagree with you that Robert's music is overrated IMO :)

Fair enough. I love his stuff with 'The Strange Sensation' but I find his work with Alison Kraus to be a tad boring. I bought the album and REALLY tried to give it a chance but I haven't listened to it for a really long time. Just a personal preference I guess. Funny thing though, I emailed Ross Halfin for the hell of it to see if he new what Jimmy was up to and he replied that he's retired.

Fair enough. I love his stuff with 'The Strange Sensation' but I find his work with Alison Kraus to be a tad boring. I bought the album and REALLY tried to give it a chance but I haven't listened to it for a really long time. Just a personal preference I guess. Funny thing though, I emailed Ross Halfin for the hell of it to see if he new what Jimmy was up to and he replied that he's retired.

Haha, could you imagine if Ross told you "Yes, he is doing this and that and ...", how the rumors would be flying around now?

Archived