Author Stephen Davis: Zeppelin Tour Will Not Happen

SteveAJones

Sounds like Davis is again cashing in Led Zep, pity. I also feel that Plant wouldnt give Davis or anyone he knows the time of day.

Seems everyone is cashing in on this except the ones that should, huh? Man, I wish they would tour. Not without Plant, though. Hell, who would want to step into his shoes, anyway. Chris Robinson? Wait, he already did that, didnt he. I would rule nothing out with these guys. Heres to hoping, though.

NO ONE I DON T CARE WHO THEY ARE, CAN SAY WHAT LED ZEPPELIN WILL DO,PEOPLE WILL SAY THIS OR THAT, BUT DID WE EVER THINK FOR ONE MINUTE, THEY WOULD COME BACK, I NEVER DID, I WAS SO SURPRISED, I THINK THEY WILL TALK AFTER THE SHOW,NO BOOKS WILL EVER FORCAST THAT.

You're right

Gilmore, Wright, and Mason did take the stage after Roger Waters performed. And Wright, Mason, and Gilmore have done studio stuff for years including On an Island. Gilmore just doesn't like Waters that much anymore. Waters has even said he would love to have Floyd reunite.

Plant has never hated Led Zeppelin or the other band members. There's not the personal issues with Led Zeppelin that there is with Floyd.

Right, obviously there is not the acrimony in Zep that there is in Floyd. I was just drawing the parallel that there is one member who isn't up for it, and despite the buzz created by the one-off reunion, nothing more has come of it despite all the interest. Just as Gilmour isn't interested, and simply doesn't feel the need to do it, I think Plant feels much the same way. Like Gilmour, he'd rather do his own thing, than get into something that becomes huge by its very nature.

Archived