1. 1. Which Religion Are You a Part of?

• Atheist
    • Buddhist
    • Christian
    • Hindu
    • Muslim
    • Not Sure/Sill Deciding
    • Other(Please Explain)

I believe in God or something, but not organized religion due to life-long problems with authority.

Hi Janet,

You believe in God,

God gives his authority to the Church,

The Church tells you what to do,

You Rebel against the Church,

God gets pissed off with you and?

I know how you feel, same happened to me,

I have a "Get out of Jail Free" card from my Monopoly set if you ever need a friend. ;):lol:

Seriously though, if you feel brave enough to discuss your "Problem with Authority" start a new topic and I'm sure a lot of people will join you, me included. ;)

Regards, Danny

You believe in God,

God gives his authority to the Church

God gives His authority to His church, but the churches sometimes abuse their authority and turn away from Him.

As someone said recently, let no one come between you and God.

Christ is my Saviour no matter what the churches do.

God gives His authority to His church, but the churches sometimes abuse their authority and turn away from Him.

As someone said recently, let no one come between you and God.

Christ is my Saviour no matter what the churches do.

AMEN to that ET I'm right with you there. ;)

But please do remember that Christ was a Devout Jew and would have had nothing to do with Christianity or how Christians moved away from the Jewish Religion, he came to Reinforce and Unite and "Get Back" to the Old Jewish ways, not to make a New Religion from them.

Christianity is as Bogus as Devil Worshiping, even with all its Sincerity and Godliness.

Regards, Danny

AMEN to that ET I'm right with you there. ;)

But please do remember that Christ was a Devout Jew and would have had nothing to do with Christianity or how Christians moved away from the Jewish Religion, he came to Reinforce and Unite and "Get Back" to the Old Jewish ways, not to make a New Religion from them.

Christianity is as Bogus as Devil Worshiping, even with all its Sincerity and Godliness.

Regards, Danny

He actually came to save us all from sin. (or at least that's what the bible says)

And a Christian is just a Jew that believes that Christ saved us from sin and is not just a prophet, as the Jewish religion believes(correct me if I'm wrong, please).

I voted atheist, but I sometimes wonder if that isn't a word religious people invented and use to nail down those who don't see things their way, sort of the way global warmers use the word skeptic.

While we're on the subject, a couple of weeks ago a Christian acquaintance remarked that she did not like the skull on my Harley shirt and that she would prefer it was a picture of Jesus instead. I told her; "That would be a tough call...now let's think about it, which is more gruesome, a skull or a guy nailed on a cross?"

I voted atheist, but I sometimes wonder if that isn't a word religious people invented and use to nail down those who don't see things their way, sort of the way global warmers use the word skeptic.

Darn atheists...

jk haha

I think that is a very legitimate point. Why can't you guys just be called un-religious?Perhaps "atheist" is just a term for those who beleive in science over god, specifically? I'm not sure.

PS I'm sorry if I affended you by using that term in the poll.

He actually came to save us all from sin. (or at least that's what the bible says)

And a Christian is just a Jew that believes that Christ saved us from sin and is not just a prophet, as the Jewish religion believes(correct me if I'm wrong, please).

Hi Page-ist,

Someone better tell him then, he wasted his time, the Bible is a fantastic read, but full of contradiction, turn the other cheek or I'll gouge your eyes out. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi Page-ist,

Someone better tell him then, he wasted his time, the Bible is a fantastic read, but full of contradiction, turn the other cheek or I'll gouge your eyes out. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Agreed.

May I also add that no human being knows for certain which religion is "right" or not. The only way to find out is to die. :(

I thought a Christian was someone who believes that a specific Jew (Jesus) is "The Lord".

I actually believe that Jesus can be considered a Christian( even though the term was not used in his time). He obviously belives that he is the son of God (a part of the trinity in which each component and all together are God). At least that is to the extent of my knowledge.

Agreed.

May I also add that no human being knows for certain which religion is "right" or not. The only way to find out is to die. :(

Good Point 'Page-ist', good point,

Now let me make another one, we all know the difference between "Right" and "Wrong" and "Good" and "Evil" then wouldn't it be better to worry about "Worshiping" "Good" rather than "God" or at least about what God to Worship?

Me, i "Worship" "Good" over "God" evey day. For i know not what "God" is the "Good God" or what "God" is the "Evil God" but i do know what is "Good" and what is "Evil" so my path is both Clear and Pure. ;)

Regards, Danny

Hi all,

Now let me make another one, we all know the difference between "Right" and "Wrong" and "Good" and "Evil" then wouldn't it be better to worry about "Worshiping" "Good" rather than "God" or at least about what God to Worship?

Me, i "Worship" "Good" over "God" evey day. For i know not what "God" is the "Good God" or what "God" is the "Evil God" but i do know what is "Good" and what is "Evil" so my path is both Clear and Pure. ;)

Regards, Danny

Did you type that with a straight face? :blink::run::hysterical:

Love ya bro!

KB

huh.gif And what may I ask will you do about all of that "SMOKE!" when you are burning in "HELL!" funny_devil.giflaugh.gif JK

Regards, Danny

I could not have possibly said it better, Danny. Except maybe that is disputable that ALL of us know and accept the same "good" and "evil".

For instance, what a radical Muslim terrorist might believe is "right" might be different from what a white-southern-Baptist might believe, or even a regular Muslim.

(I did not mean to affend any Muslims, Southerners, Whites, or Baptists with this post.)

I could not have possibly said it better, Danny. Except maybe that is disputable that ALL of us know and accept the same "good" and "evil".

For instance, what a radical Muslim terrorist might believe is "right" might be different from what a white-southern-Baptist might believe, or even a regular Muslim.

(I did not mean to affend any Muslims, Southerners, Whites, or Baptists with this post.)

Hi Page-ast,

If a God tells you to kill, in his name, he is no God and no Good. (Muslims, Christians, Jews)

If an Evil entity tells you to kill, just for fun or for whatever reason, he is no God and no Good either, just plain Evil (G,W, Bush)

The Bible says, "Thout shalt not kill".

And that will do for me, it doesnt distinguish between Men and Animals either, so i'll stay a Vegitarian thank you very much. ;)

Regards, Danny

AMEN to that ET I'm right with you there. wink.gif

Regards, Danny

The Good Shepherd was basically a nice guy who was kind to all and generally well-liked among his followers.

But as someone pointed out two Sundays ago, there were two other groups besides his followers, the Sanhedrin, who ignored Him, and Herod and his followers, who wanted to kill Him.

Yet He continues to bring light into the world. He came to fulfill all that is eternally true, and the rest will fall by the wayside.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom will have no end.

-Apostles and Nicene Creeds

33cm.com/creeds_compare.html

Hi Page-ast,

If a God tells you to kill, in his name, he is no God and no Good. (Muslims, Christians, Jews)

If an Evil entity tells you to kill, just for fun or for whatever reason, he is no God and no Good either, just plain Evil (G,W, Bush)

And that will do for me, it doesnt distinguish between Men and Animals either, so i'll stay a Vegitarian thank you very much. ;)

Regards, Danny

Oops. Just ate some chicken. Sorry Danny. :(

Another thing that confuses me about Christianity/Judaism is why there is hell when it says that God loves all humans, even sinners.

Hi Page-ast,

Regards, Danny

Just to clear it up: The Christian/Jewish God does not say to kill in his name. It's just that some people kill and use his name to defend it. (George Dubya)

Hi Page-ast,

Regards, Danny

Just to clear it up: The Christian/Jewish God does not say to kill in his name. It's just that some people kill and use his name to defend it. (George Dubya)

Which leads me to my next point: I do not believe that any human being is capable of true evil; Because everyone has their own idea of what "True Evil" is.

My opinion is that all the "wrong" things that any human has done can be traced back to: His/her belief system, greed, incompetence, jealousy, or mental illness.

Hi all,

What to add to that list?

Which leads me to my next point: I do not believe that any human being is capable of true evil; Because everyone has their own idea of what "True Evil" is.

Sure,describe the color orange,...

You ever read Tolkien,King Alfred? Anyoneis capable of 'true' evil.

My opinion is that all the "wrong" things that any human has done can be traced back to: His/her belief system, greed, incompetence, jealousy, or mental illness.

Free will works into you opinion? <_<

KB

Hi Janet,

You believe in God,

God gives his authority to the Church,

The Church tells you what to do,

You Rebel against the Church,

God gets pissed off with you and?

I know how you feel, same happened to me,

I have a "Get out of Jail Free" card from my Monopoly set if you ever need a friend. ;):lol:

Seriously though, if you feel brave enough to discuss your "Problem with Authority" start a new topic and I'm sure a lot of people will join you, me included. ;)

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny-

There's nothing to discuss. I was just born contrary.

A priest at the local Catholic church was giving out "Get out of Hell free" cards at a picnic last summer but I reckon your card might be more valuable since you are a die-hard Zeppelin fan.

Rock on!

Hi all,

What to add to that list?

Sure,describe the color orange,...

You ever read Tolkien,King Alfred? Anyoneis capable of 'true' evil.

Free will works into you opinion? <_<

KB

Define for me, please, exactly what "true evil" is to you then.

Archived