Should I get a kitten?

Atlas

I personally think it would be an ok idea. As a cat owner, I can tell you that cats are independent and are quite easily managed. Once they're litterboxed trained, they'll be fine for some time with a clean litterbox and food and water. Keep up on its necessary maintenace and the kitten will do quite well! :D

I personally think it would be an ok idea. As a cat owner, I can tell you that cats are independent and are quite easily managed. Once they're litterboxed trained, they'll be fine for some time with a clean litterbox and food and water. Keep up on its necessary maintenace and the kitten will do quite well! :D

I too am a cat owner. When we decided to get a cat, we went to the Cats Protection League who stated they do not allow anyone to take a kitten if they are to be left alone for longer than 2 hours at a time. A kitten needs company and stimulation, to be left for 9 hours is a long time. Maybe a young cat, say a year or two old, who has been used to being in a household would be more suitable? If you do decide to get a cat Atlas, please consider going to your local animal shelter/cat rehoming centre. They are many, many abandoned cats that need loving homes. They take their time to help you choose the right cat for you. We chose our lovely Mitzy, a one year old black cat. She has settled in super and we love her very much :)

There's no pussy in your apartment for a reason.

It's the other way around. I told her to leave because she wouldn't sever her ties with the guy who has beaten her savagely and repeatedly. I'm pissed because I let her come back - against my better judgment - because I didn't want her trapped with him because it's 18 degrees outside. She called me up at two-thirty on Thursday morning after I made the offer. I jumped out of bed and drove from Chantilly VA to 7th and G NW DC to pick her up. When we got back to the apartment I set up her bed and asked if she needed anything. She said "no". I told her I needed something. A 'thank you'. She just ignored me.

Yesterday, while I was out shopping to get everything she likes, she left to go back to him.

It hurts like hell, but I know she is not right in the head. That makes it very hard for me to just write her off. She needs help. She needs real love. But that's the problem. She is afraid of love. She even told me that she's afraid of loving me because she thinks I will dump her.

I guess getting beaten to the point that she's pissing blood for weeks is better than loving a good man.

I too am a cat owner. When we decided to get a cat, we went to the Cats Protection League who stated they do not allow anyone to take a kitten if they are to be left alone for longer than 2 hours at a time. A kitten needs company and stimulation, to be left for 9 hours is a long time. Maybe a young cat, say a year or two old, who has been used to being in a household would be more suitable? If you do decide to get a cat Atlas, please consider going to your local animal shelter/cat rehoming centre. They are many, many abandoned cats that need loving homes. They take their time to help you choose the right cat for you. We chose our lovely Mitzy, a one year old black cat. She has settled in super and we love her very much :)

I was thinking about a pair of kittens, or a puppy and a kitten. Cats and dogs make great friends once they get over their initial fears.

Is that what they call it nowadays...

Since all I wanted was to hear the words "thank you". That's what I call it. I didn't even consider trying to get laid. She was in horrible shape. The most I did was kiss her on the cheek on my way out the door to work, and told her I love her.

I am single and live in a modest apartment. If I got a kitten he or she would be left alone about 9 hours a day minimum, during the week. Is it a good idea to get a kitten under these circumstances?

You most definitely should get a kitty at a pet shelter. It will be saving a life and enriching yours. Cat's do fine alone. Even kitties, as long as you have plenty of toys and give them extra lovin' when you get home, it sure beats the hell out of a cage in a shelter.

I'd do it. And just dump that screwd up chick. I know it's hard but you have to move on and stop being co-dependant. She sounds like the type to keep using you until you're all used up. MOVE ON.

Only my opinion mind you.

I am single and live in a modest apartment. If I got a kitten he or she would be left alone about 9 hours a day minimum, during the week. Is it a good idea to get a kitten under these circumstances?

Why limit bringing the crazies home to just the two-legged species?

I would find a community advocate at the police department and ask them what to do in regard to your lady friend. She is in a lot of trouble hanging out with that guy. If they keep that routine going neither one of them will have a very bright future.

And don't make any demands on her. She is not ready for a relationship with you. Find someone who is.

Even tho she is really screwed up, I don't really like to talk about her in a disparaging way. I do it to her when I get pissed. That is really nonproductive since her behavior is really due to illness and not genuine malice. She is precious deep down inside.

I really wish I could find the switch to turn off my love for her. I am certainly being abused. I can get pretty mean, but I can also say sorry, thank you, and say please. She isn't good at any of these. Then gain, she maintains a blood alcohol content between .25 and .5.

Even tho she is really screwed up, I don't really like to talk about her in a disparaging way. I do it to her when I get pissed. That is really nonproductive since her behavior is really due to illness and not genuine malice. She is precious deep down inside.

I really wish I could find the switch to turn off my love for her. I am certainly being abused. I can get pretty mean, but I can also say sorry, thank you, and say please. She isn't good at any of these. Then gain, she maintains a blood alcohol content between .25 and .5.

You are not good for each other. Let her go and find someone else to play on your team.

You are not good for each other. Let her go and find someone else to play on your team.

I really don't think I'm likely to get involved with anybody else any time soon. I have thinks I need to take care of first. I just need to turn off my feelings for her. It's not just about romantic attraction. I care a lot about her and wish I could help her.

Most people, even the professionals, have given up on her.

I really don't think I'm likely to get involved with anybody else any time soon. I have thinks I need to take care of first. I just need to turn off my feelings for her. It's not just about romantic attraction. I care a lot about her and wish I could help her.

Most people, even the professionals, have given up on her.

So they are just going to let her boyfriend kill her and then put him away? That sounds really professional. These so-called professionals, maybe they need to go back to school or something.

So they are just going to let her boyfriend kill her and then put him away? That sounds really professional. These so-called professionals, maybe they need to go back to school or something.

Oh Christ! As far as this goon beating the crap out of her. The people at the DCVAMC know all about it. They employ the fucking psychopath!

What is responsibility when someone who is psychologically unable to defend herself is being savagely abused by someone she met in a treatment program at the pace where the psycho now works? It's always someone else's responsibility!

What is responsibility when someone who is psychologically unable to defend herself is being savagely abused by someone she met in a treatment program at the pace where the psycho now works? It's always someone else's responsibility!

Then someone else should properly intervene. She's arguably been a victim of a crime. This reminds me of the Kitty Genovese case, when the whole community was thought to have looked the other way as the young woman was murdered. But there is nothing that you or I can do to pretend that was ever okay, because we would be wrong.

Then someone else should properly intervene. She's arguably been a victim of a crime. This reminds me of the Kitty Genovese case, when the whole community looked the other way as the young woman was murdered. But there is nothing that you or I can do to pretend that was ever okay, because we would be wrong.

She has indisputably been the victim of several violent crimes at the level of attempted murder. I have seen the results.

This describes my sugar well:

What is Battered Woman's Syndrome?

She has indisputably been the victim of several violent crimes at the level of attempted murder. I have seen the results.

This describes my sugar well:

What is Battered Woman's Syndrome?

Which means this story belongs on the News Stories That Make You Say WTF thread, so we can properly wonder when the authorities will catch up with her boyfriend for violating his parole because he must have only been recently released from prison.

She needs to escape from her own prison.

Which means this story belongs on the News Stories That Make You Say WTF thread, so we can properly wonder when the authorities will catch up with her boyfriend for violating his parole because he must have only been recently released from prison.

She needs to escape from her own prison.

You are very perceptive. Would that I had the goods.

Why limit bringing the crazies home to just the two-legged species?

I would find a community advocate at the police department and ask them what to do in regard to your lady friend. She is in a lot of trouble hanging out with that guy. If they keep that routine going neither one of them will have a very bright future.

And don't make any demands on her. She is not ready for a relationship with you. Find someone who is.

No comment on the relationship part of this thread, but the video of the cat shredding the toilet paper is funny!:hysterical:

Archived