Led Zeppelin

lzzoso

I have known this for a long time now, but I decided to see and read if I was the Only one to notice and see the significance of these two important "Dates" in Led Zeppelin's History.

1. July 7.

2. December 4.

(1). July 7, 1968 was the last known performance of the Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page at the Luton Technical College in England.

(1.A) July 7, 1980 was the last ever performance of Led Zeppelin in Berlin, Germany, as a Giant

touring musical entity. By the way, this was probably the longest recorded version of "Stairway to Heaven" that Led Zeppelin ever performed. Over 14 minutes in duration. Almost double the time of the original studio version. I have this show on bootleg Cd and believe me it is Great. At the very end of "Stairway to Heaven" Robert Plant says that he would like to "Thank" everybody that ever worked for or helped the group along the way.

(2). December 4, 1980 After the untimely death of John Henry 'Bonzo' Bonham, the remaining members of Led Zeppelin (along with manager Peter Grant) issued a statement saying that "They Could Not Continue As They Were"... We all know the rest.

(2.A) December 4, 1995 Legendary Rock and Roll Manager and the man that led Zeppelin and changed the whole Rock and Roll industry, Mr. Peter Grant, dies of a heart attack exactly 15 years to the day after the press release that he authorized that formally ended the Biggest and MOST Influential Rock and Roll Band of ALL-TIME.

Two dates that seem to Signify the end of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin"?... Coincidence?

I have known this for a long time now, but I decided to see and read if I was the Only one to notice and see the significance of these two important "Dates" in Led Zeppelin's History.

1. July 7.

2. December 4.

(1). July 7, 1968 was the last known performance of the Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page at the Luton Technical College in England.

(1.A) July 7, 1980 was the last ever performance of Led Zeppelin in Berlin, Germany, as a Giant

touring musical entity. By the way, this was probably the longest recorded version of "Stairway to Heaven" that Led Zeppelin ever performed. Over 14 minutes in duration. Almost double the time of the original studio version. I have this show on bootleg Cd and believe me it is Great. At the very end of "Stairway to Heaven" Robert Plant says that he would like to "Thank" everybody that ever worked for or helped the group along the way.

(2). December 4, 1980 After the untimely death of John Henry 'Bonzo' Bonham, the remaining members of Led Zeppelin (along with manager Peter Grant) issued a statement saying that "They Could Not Continue As They Were"... We all know the rest.

(2.A) December 4, 1995 Legendary Rock and Roll Manager and the man that led Zeppelin and changed the whole Rock and Roll industry, Mr. Peter Grant, dies of a heart attack exactly 15 years to the day after the press release that he authorized that formally ended the Biggest and MOST Influential Rock and Roll Band of ALL-TIME.

Two dates that seem to Signify the end of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin"?... Coincidence?

I say it was sabotage

"OH THE HUMANITY!"

Weird though :P

Peter Grant died on November 21st- his funeral was held on December 4th.

...and I've never seen proof The Yardbirds performed in Luton on 7/7/68. Note also a second Berlin date (7/8/80) is in the final tour itinerary and on official merchandise but was scrapped. Regardless, even if they did play Luton 7/7/68

it would merely be an indirect coincidence given neither Jones, Plant, or Bonham were in The Yardbirds.

Archived